Surls Skiva Kitchen Knife

7655108cedeb1b842f5094b22dd32c40.jpg

C'mon Now there's gotta be more than two Skivas out there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think there are only 3 or so out there?

Then it's up to Allen to change that. Personally after using my Skiva daily I'd love to see a Moray or two show up, or a big brother to the Skiva with a 3/32 blade for my bigger kitchen chopping needs.

Then it's up to Allen to change that. Personally after using my Skiva daily I'd love to see a Moray or two show up, or a big brother to the Skiva with a 3/32 blade for my bigger kitchen chopping needs.

Your wish may come true. [emoji6] - Robert

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

311741ac822aabe4ced5830fd31d67df.jpg

Big rain today. That means food prep time!!
51105d2cc13b361ff3aee118b03e09c5.jpg

Properly treated with the help of my Skiva!
Love this knife
8552d9b0a5c870d91ebdd69dbe78ffcf.jpg

Sealed the deal.. and next Sunday it's Fire up the Pit time!!
(to be continued)-

I received my Skiva on Saturday and it is gorgeous. Unfortunately it will be another 2 weeks before I get to use it as I'm headed back to work on Monday. I'll put it to good use when I get back.

I received my Skiva on Saturday and it is gorgeous. Unfortunately it will be another 2 weeks before I get to use it as I'm headed back to work on Monday. I'll put it to good use when I get back.

[emoji106]

1b132da6910cd655231e1300140260f3.jpg

Skiva, [shes beginning to develop a fine patina] Pork belly and pork shoulder roasts

varga
What is the difference between a pork roast and a pork shoulder, if anything?

Im not familiar w/ that term here in Ga.

varga
What is the difference between a pork roast and a pork shoulder, if anything?

Im not familiar w/ that term here in Ga.

Down here they take the pork butt aka shoulder and run it through the meat saw at 2 inch widths. This is perfect for me when I BBQ as I can get a good result with the right smokiness over a larger surface area. Depending on the the amount of time I leave them in the pit And the rub, either fancy or salt and cracked pepper [german style] the end result can either be thinly sliced or shredded southern style. I realize this might be TMI but I love cooking and love bbquing [all styles]..

Last edited:
Down here they take the pork butt aka shoulder and run it through the meat saw at 2 inch widths. This is perfect for me when I BBQ as I can get a good result with the right smokiness over a larger surface area. Depending on the the amount of time I leave them in the pit And the rub, either fancy or salt and cracked pepper [german style] the end result can either be thinly sliced or shredded southern style. I realize this might be TMI but I love cooking and love bbquing [all styles]..

i gotcha!

Thanks

d43f50a30c67f9ae748311c4f451adf0.jpg

She's a pretty fair chopper for BBQ'd pork

you are the BBQ king varga....bit surprised by the pork though

you are in beef country

I love all these pics guys, keep them coming. For some reason, i always get hungry after looking at this thread!

you are the BBQ king varga....bit surprised by the pork though

you are in beef country

True enough thanks to the Spaniards Texas is and has always been cattle country. About 15 years ago I declared I'd had my fill of brisket. Don't get me wrong I'll still do two or three briskets a year. And I'll grill a steak every now and then. But really who can deny how succulent properly bbq'd pork is...?

I love all these pics guys, keep them coming. For some reason, i always get hungry after looking at this thread!

LOL We need more Skivas out there. Between me and Phillip we're holding down this thread [emoji6]

True enough thanks to the Spaniards Texas is and has always been cattle country. About 15 years ago I declared I'd had my fill of brisket. Don't get me wrong I'll still do two or three briskets a year. And I'll grill a steak every now and then. But really who can deny how succulent properly bbq'd pork is...?

ive smoked a bunch of pork butts w/ awesome results if I do say so myself. the brisket scares me. first the price and the fact i might screw it up

Back