Surls Skiva Kitchen Knife

Thanks Tek & varga

& varga I have not but I have seen Guy Fieri eat it a bunch

If you're interested I'll get a recipe together for you. It's got pork in it so you can't go wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're interested I'll get a recipe together for you. It's got pork in it so you can't go wrong

ill give it a shot for sure!

nbrackett posted a recipe for a sauce native to Guam that was awesome, so im down to try whatever

thanks!

I finally got around to taking some pictures of my Skiva and I got to use it this last time while I was home. In this first set of pictures I used the Skiva to chop up some a sweet onion, celery and a granny smith apple to stuff inside my turkey that I smoked for Thanksgiving. This helps keep my turkey moist so I don't have to brine or inject it.

fwTdODk.jpg

7UMp84g.jpg

6A9yKhK.jpg

Bonus pictures: I also used my Hognose Skinner to make some turkey neck gravy for myself and my two dogs as my wife is not a gravy person.

JoY1o4T.jpg

Oc9S9T0.jpg

So being that there are only the two of us I like to take the left over smoked turkey and make a Posole with it. Traditionally it has pork and I have made it that way before but the smoked turkey version is just as good. I like to serve mine with a good hearty bread and top it off with some fresh green onion, cilantro and a little more fresh squeezed lime juice.

dbCWtuo.jpg

hUjnjkk.jpg

PvuEeee.jpg

faA2JDP.jpg

dZRNHqU.jpg

Mp88Ebn.jpg

Man! It's been a long time since I've had a good bowl of Posole. Now I'm going to have to go find one when I'm in New Mexico for the holidays.

Turkey looks amazing as well.

Man! It's been a long time since I've had a good bowl of Posole. Now I'm going to have to go find one when I'm in New Mexico for the holidays.

Turkey looks amazing as well.

Yes Sir. I'm going to make some pretty soon, except I'm going old School cooking down dried chilies instead of using chile powder and making my own hominy! There's a cafe over by the university in Albuquerque that's got a good bowl of pozole!!

Yes Sir. I'm going to make some pretty soon, except I'm going old School cooking down dried chilies instead of using chile powder and making my own hominy! There's a cafe over by the university in Albuquerque that's got a good bowl of pozole!!

My dad throws together a pretty darn good one from scratch as well, maybe I'll just have him whip something up. :thumbup:

So being that there are only the two of us I like to take the left over smoked turkey and make a Posole with it. Traditionally it has pork and I have made it that way before but the smoked turkey version is just as good. I like to serve mine with a good hearty bread and top it off with some fresh green onion, cilantro and a little more fresh squeezed lime juice.

dbCWtuo.jpg

hUjnjkk.jpg

PvuEeee.jpg

faA2JDP.jpg

dZRNHqU.jpg

Mp88Ebn.jpg

That's a beautiful thing that pozolè!!

I want to thank everyone here for the compliments on my turkey and my Posole. varga49 your Arroz con Pollo looks amazing. I love seeing all the pictures with the Skiva as it's an awesome little kitchen knife.

I want to thank everyone here for the compliments on my turkey and my Posole. varga49 your Arroz con Pollo looks amazing. I love seeing all the pictures with the Skiva as it's an awesome little kitchen knife.

It's great to have another Skiva aficionado on board. And by the looks of it you've got some serious cooking skills!!

It's great to have another Skiva aficionado on board. And by the looks of it you've got some serious cooking skills!!

Thank you for the kind words. I think from what I have seen here on this thread, everyone here has some serious cooking skill. It's one of my favorite things to do for other people. I have had the pleasure and honor cooking for some very special people in my life.

One of these days I am going to have to keep some of these kitchen knives and enjoy them as much as everyone else! The photos and meals look awesome!

i told Allen today that I needed a new Skiva that was not osage, I get confused with the 3 Osage ones in the pics and have to scroll back and forth after looking at the pics to give credit to the OP
:eek:

i told Allen today that I needed a new Skiva that was not osage, I get confused with the 3 Osage ones in the pics and have to scroll back and forth after looking at the pics to give credit to the OP
:eek:

Lol .... I was thinking I need a Moray for the same reasons.

266ebaabd0aa2802f8808e465ece40e2.jpg

Just another day at the office with my EDKK

Back