1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by ncrockclimb, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Perhaps I can interest you in a preorder for my newest preorder? I know my unobtanium knives (choice of dragon bone or unicorn horn scales) have been delayed, but for the low, low price of $500 (Paypal F&F only) you can sign up for the opportunity to put $1000 down as a preorder for my knives!

2. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Oh my lord, I think their reputation finally may have caught up to them and people voted no.

3. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    I’m completely speechless LOL what!!??

Organic556 and sharp thoughts like this.
  4. panella

panella Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Maybe people didn’t vote no. Maybe they just didn’t vote?$$$

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a blatant scam. Love to see inside their “warehouse” and all the production “upgrades” gathering dust.

Quiet likes this.
  5. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    It's hard to believe that survive! topped their last absolutely embarrassing statement with an even more ridiculously embarrassing statement.

And millett should be ashamed to be in bed with these scammers. I wouldn't touch a thing either of them do.

6. JohnWE

JohnWE Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Wonder how many people will let the folks at Millit know how they feel about this...

7. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    I'm guessing there is only one real way they will understand.

8. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb

Nov 20, 2014
    Millit gets really pissy when people mention S!Ks "issues" on social media. Millit's social media is heavily moderated and comments that are less than 100% positive or bring up S!Ks backlog are deleted and the posters are banned. S!K has turned off comments on their Instagram and deleted their Facebook page.

Interestingly, one of the founders of Millit recently left the company. It will be interesting to see how the S!K - Millit "partnership" progresses. Despite all the BS coming from S!K, it appears that not much has changed since the move to Boise, and I wonder how long it will take for one of the "partners" to start pointing fingers at the other...

9. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Beat me to it. As far as Millit's concerned, the people who ask them about that garbage company are just "haters".

10. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I read all that this morning about the Essential line and the subsequent cancelling of the Essential line. "The people spoke". LOL. I also went to the S!K website for grins and ended up being able to put a GSO 3.5 2nd in my cart and get to check out with it. Of course I didn't pay for it. LOL again. I like to pay for knives I actually get and can use.
    Does that mean that the house of cards is finally falling and they actually have knives that no one is buying since the word is out you may wait years to get it?
    Of a secondary concern is the ability of S!K and Millit to be able to manipulate social media sites and continue to lie and deceive customers since no one can find the history of what has gone on the past few years.
    Imagine being duped and sending in the cash (as most of us did years ago) and then going online to complain, and that complaint would lead you here or a few other places that would expose S!K for what they really are. Liars. Top it off with realizing that your 90 day wait could be 3 years or more and calling Ellie or Guy would simply get you lied to about when your knife would ship.
    I just cannot fathom how this can continue.

11. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Apr 25, 2000
    Don’t need to worry about that here :D

12. panella

Sep 2, 2003
    I keep reading that S!K always has factory 2nds of a given preorder run for sale, but never seems to deliver the actual 1st quality knives to the original preorder customers. If I understand that correctly then it makes you wonder if every preorder knife is actually made - using customer preorder money - but then sold as a factory 2nd thus getting double the money on each knife. That might be one explanation (of many fraudulent possibilities) why actual customers never get their knives: they were all sold as 2nds.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    sharp thoughts likes this.
  13. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Well, I mean, they were selling factory 2nds before the blanks had even shown up at their facility, soooo....yeah. Those seconds were a way for them to get double payment on a single knife. It was shady in the extreme, and one of the things that put the pin in them getting their section yanked.

14. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    That is exactly what they do. But like @Quiet said, it is even worse. They sell seconds and thirds before they even know they have them.

Scam.

sharp thoughts, Quiet and panella like this.
  15. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    After seeing Millit's connection, I backed out of an almost purchase of Massdrops Millit collab. Would have bugged me to death had I found out afterwards.

Worldwatcher likes this.
  16. Worldwatcher

Worldwatcher Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2015
    You all want to start making survival knifes? I think I can clear out a closet and we can produce more then they do. Here are a few names for them I googled: outlive, outlast, outwear, live down, live out, weather the storm, make out, persist, persevere, last, remain, keep the wolf from the door, pull through, live through, get through, come through, keep afloat, get on, bear, suffer through, withstand, sustain. These knives will be awesome. Whose got the business plan? Never-mind don’t need one, just an awesome sharpener and we are good

JJHollowman likes this.
  17. braillediver

braillediver Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2007
    panella- You described a Ponzi scheme. As long as there's cash flow it works. That's why they Always have New Pre-Order Sales.

Ponzi scheme
    Description
    A Ponzi scheme is a form of fraud that lures investors and pays profits to earlier investors with funds from more recent investors. The scheme leads victims to believe that profits are coming from product sales or other means, and they remain unaware that other investors are the source of funds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  18. panella

Sep 2, 2003
    Well, similar for sure. At least a Ponzi scheme actually pays previous investors with new investment money. That’s how they attract more investors. Survive skips the payment/merchandise step. Sounds like survive sells vapor ware, then sells discounted vapor ware that’s supposed to be part of the original vapor ware, then sells new vapor ware to speed up the production of the already sold vapor ware. But no one actually gets anything (Zero ROI). It boggles the mind.

We may have to come up with a new term for this extraordinarily vicious type of swindle.

Barrettboy and sharp thoughts like this.
  19. Ankerson

Ankerson Knife and Computer Geek Platinum Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    WOW they went down hill fast...

Sold mine awhile back...

Insipid Moniker and Hale Storm like this.
  20. rmill7

rmill7 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Dec 28, 2018
    I've been touching base on this thread on and off since June. Why June you ask?

I pre-ordered the Millit Torrent in S90V at the beginning March this year. Delivery date of June 2019. In May, they sent out an update that "all handle frames, backspacers and Clips have been fully machined and are ready to move into finish", "we are still looking good for the June delivery time frame we originally anticipated. As each knife is hand finished and assembled individually, our time line may stretch a little as we cruise through June".

Schweet! Sent in my anodize color scheme and was pretty excited. June breezed by with not a hint of an update (despite posting pre-orders what feels like weekly for various Sebenza clips). When I reached out in August, I got this: "We are working on a rather large order for Joe Caswell, of Caswell knives, called the Morphing Karambit. This project has been unfortunately a lot more time consuming than originally anticipated", "all Torrent parts have been machined, and are currently awaiting the next step in our finish department" and that they had lost key members with "special skill-sets". This is when I start researching Millit and found this thread.... oh no.... maybe too late...

October hits with no update, and at this point I'm pretty peeved. So I respond to the email thread I have going with their office staff and ditch all anodization that I originally wanted. I just wanted the knife in hand ASAP. Got a reply within 2 hours that the Paypal invoice had been sent. I had to reject it, because they added a shipping charge when the pre-order said it was included. I paid the PP invoice October 10th.

The knife is currently out for delivery. To be frank, I'm pretty dang amped about it. But as many have stated in this thread, Millit seems to have their priorities mixed up. Plenty of zirblasted clips have gone out. Plenty of anodized clips have gone out. The Caswell karambits went out. So the Torrent parts sat for 3.5 months on a table gathering dust (they posted a picture of freshly machined parts end of September and a glamour shot of a custom 2w ago).They are deleting genuine feedback, and that doesn't sit right with me. Especially considering they are in bed with some unsavory characters. They bolstered their name with what seems like a quality knife, but that can go away quick if no one will trust your word on a pre-order. I hope they can correct their course, and not let S!K rub off on them too much.

Rykjeklut likes this.