• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Wait...what?! "we will be offering SK Series Preordering, as well as some limited GSO Series Preordering to assist with this growth."

Ok, someone walk me through this. So, they've got a ton of people ALREADY (claps hands) EFFING (claps hands) WAITING (claps mothersmurfing hands) FOR KNIVES...for years, YEARS now....and yet, somehow taking MORE preorders will help with increasing production?!

WAT.
Perhaps I can interest you in a preorder for my newest preorder? I know my unobtanium knives (choice of dragon bone or unicorn horn scales) have been delayed, but for the low, low price of $500 (Paypal F&F only) you can sign up for the opportunity to put $1000 down as a preorder for my knives!

Oh my lord, I think their reputation finally may have caught up to them and people voted no.

Maybe people didn’t vote no. Maybe they just didn’t vote?$$$

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a blatant scam. Love to see inside their “warehouse” and all the production “upgrades” gathering dust.

More S!K BS...

From their 11/5/2019 email "Updating Our Recent Update":

"The People Have Spoken....
And what you're telling us is that you really, REALLY don't want the budget oriented Essential Series. Thankfully, by unveiling these new models early and offering preproduction ordering we were able to gauge interest (or lack thereof) and discontinue the now defunct series before it even begins. Instead we'll reallocate these materials to projects that people are genuinely interested in. A huge thanks to everyone who called and emailed in support of the SK and GSO Series knives, the feedback is most appreciated! As a small manufacturer, your input helped us to avoid disaster.

So what now?!
Instead of launching the Essential Series, it is now our intention to more aggressively scale up production of the SK Series. Additionally, we will be making investments to optimize the GSO Series production. Without the Essential Series to help pave the way toward increasing production, we will be offering SK Series Preordering, as well as some limited GSO Series Preordering to assist with this growth. We have the steel and materials already in house, so there will be no delay in getting production started.

What's Available?
From the SK Series, preordering is now available for the tried and true SK-4.1 as well as the freshly revised SK-2.7. Production is starting immediately for these two models.

We are also offering GSO Series preordering for models currently in production. These are strictly limited to the number of orders that have been previously refunded and will be capped at the amount of slots originally allotted for those preorders.

Additional GSO models will be available for preordering once we are a bit further along with fulfilling existing orders.

See All Available Now
SK-4.1
SK-4.1
$234.00
View
GSO-12
GSO-12
$429.00
View
GSO-6
GSO-6
$279.00
View
How long will I be waiting?
As we stated in our previous newsletter, all of our older production issues are now solidly behind us and we're increasing capacity to better serve you. While one thing or another always comes up in manufacturing, we should no longer be facing any issues that will significantly delay production.

With all major manufacturing processes now under one roof, we feel very confident saying all current GSO preorder models will be delivered by the end of 2020, at the very latest. The models furthest along in production right now will begin arriving the soonest but we're going to make every effort to get all preorders delivered as quickly as possible. As batches return from heat treat we will begin posting estimated completion windows for each model."
What an absolute embarrassment.
It's hard to believe that survive! topped their last absolutely embarrassing statement with an even more ridiculously embarrassing statement.

And millett should be ashamed to be in bed with these scammers. I wouldn't touch a thing either of them do.

Wonder how many people will let the folks at Millit know how they feel about this...

Wonder how many people will let the folks at Millit know how they feel about this...

Millit gets really pissy when people mention S!Ks "issues" on social media. Millit's social media is heavily moderated and comments that are less than 100% positive or bring up S!Ks backlog are deleted and the posters are banned. S!K has turned off comments on their Instagram and deleted their Facebook page.

Interestingly, one of the founders of Millit recently left the company. It will be interesting to see how the S!K - Millit "partnership" progresses. Despite all the BS coming from S!K, it appears that not much has changed since the move to Boise, and I wonder how long it will take for one of the "partners" to start pointing fingers at the other...

Millit gets really pissy when people mention S!Ks "issues" on social media. Millit's social media is heavily moderated and comments that are less than 100% positive or bring up S!Ks backlog are deleted and the posters are banned. S!K has turned off comments on their Instagram and deleted their Facebook page.

Interestingly, one of the founders of Millit recently left the company. It will be interesting to see how the S!K - Millit "partnership" progresses. Despite all the BS coming from S!K, it appears that not much has changed since the move to Boise, and I wonder how long it will take for one of the "partners" to start pointing fingers at the other...

Beat me to it. As far as Millit's concerned, the people who ask them about that garbage company are just "haters".

I read all that this morning about the Essential line and the subsequent cancelling of the Essential line. "The people spoke". LOL. I also went to the S!K website for grins and ended up being able to put a GSO 3.5 2nd in my cart and get to check out with it. Of course I didn't pay for it. LOL again. I like to pay for knives I actually get and can use.
Does that mean that the house of cards is finally falling and they actually have knives that no one is buying since the word is out you may wait years to get it?
Of a secondary concern is the ability of S!K and Millit to be able to manipulate social media sites and continue to lie and deceive customers since no one can find the history of what has gone on the past few years.
Imagine being duped and sending in the cash (as most of us did years ago) and then going online to complain, and that complaint would lead you here or a few other places that would expose S!K for what they really are. Liars. Top it off with realizing that your 90 day wait could be 3 years or more and calling Ellie or Guy would simply get you lied to about when your knife would ship.
I just cannot fathom how this can continue.

I keep reading that S!K always has factory 2nds of a given preorder run for sale, but never seems to deliver the actual 1st quality knives to the original preorder customers. If I understand that correctly then it makes you wonder if every preorder knife is actually made - using customer preorder money - but then sold as a factory 2nd thus getting double the money on each knife. That might be one explanation (of many fraudulent possibilities) why actual customers never get their knives: they were all sold as 2nds.

Last edited:
I keep reading that S!K always has factory 2nds of a given preorder run for sale, but never seems to deliver the actual 1st quality knives to the original preorder customers. If I understand that correctly then it makes you wonder if every preorder knife is actually made - using customer preorder money - but then sold as a factory 2nd thus getting double the money on each knife. That would explain why actual customers never get their knives: they were sold as 2nds.

Well, I mean, they were selling factory 2nds before the blanks had even shown up at their facility, soooo....yeah. Those seconds were a way for them to get double payment on a single knife. It was shady in the extreme, and one of the things that put the pin in them getting their section yanked.

I keep reading that S!K always has factory 2nds of a given preorder run for sale, but never seems to deliver the actual 1st quality knives to the original preorder customers. If I understand that correctly then it makes you wonder if every preorder knife is actually made - using customer preorder money - but then sold as a factory 2nd thus getting double the money on each knife. That might be one explanation (of many fraudulent possibilities) why actual customers never get their knives: they were all sold as 2nds.
That is exactly what they do. But like Quiet Quiet said, it is even worse. They sell seconds and thirds before they even know they have them.

Scam.

After seeing Millit's connection, I backed out of an almost purchase of Massdrops Millit collab. Would have bugged me to death had I found out afterwards.

You all want to start making survival knifes? I think I can clear out a closet and we can produce more then they do. Here are a few names for them I googled: outlive, outlast, outwear, live down, live out, weather the storm, make out, persist, persevere, last, remain, keep the wolf from the door, pull through, live through, get through, come through, keep afloat, get on, bear, suffer through, withstand, sustain. These knives will be awesome. Whose got the business plan? Never-mind don’t need one, just an awesome sharpener and we are good

panella- You described a Ponzi scheme. As long as there's cash flow it works. That's why they Always have New Pre-Order Sales.

Ponzi scheme
Description
A Ponzi scheme is a form of fraud that lures investors and pays profits to earlier investors with funds from more recent investors. The scheme leads victims to believe that profits are coming from product sales or other means, and they remain unaware that other investors are the source of funds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

Last edited:
Well, similar for sure. At least a Ponzi scheme actually pays previous investors with new investment money. That’s how they attract more investors. Survive skips the payment/merchandise step. Sounds like survive sells vapor ware, then sells discounted vapor ware that’s supposed to be part of the original vapor ware, then sells new vapor ware to speed up the production of the already sold vapor ware. But no one actually gets anything (Zero ROI). It boggles the mind.

We may have to come up with a new term for this extraordinarily vicious type of swindle.

I've been touching base on this thread on and off since June. Why June you ask?

I pre-ordered the Millit Torrent in S90V at the beginning March this year. Delivery date of June 2019. In May, they sent out an update that "all handle frames, backspacers and Clips have been fully machined and are ready to move into finish", "we are still looking good for the June delivery time frame we originally anticipated. As each knife is hand finished and assembled individually, our time line may stretch a little as we cruise through June".

Schweet! Sent in my anodize color scheme and was pretty excited. June breezed by with not a hint of an update (despite posting pre-orders what feels like weekly for various Sebenza clips). When I reached out in August, I got this: "We are working on a rather large order for Joe Caswell, of Caswell knives, called the Morphing Karambit. This project has been unfortunately a lot more time consuming than originally anticipated", "all Torrent parts have been machined, and are currently awaiting the next step in our finish department" and that they had lost key members with "special skill-sets". This is when I start researching Millit and found this thread.... oh no.... maybe too late...

October hits with no update, and at this point I'm pretty peeved. So I respond to the email thread I have going with their office staff and ditch all anodization that I originally wanted. I just wanted the knife in hand ASAP. Got a reply within 2 hours that the Paypal invoice had been sent. I had to reject it, because they added a shipping charge when the pre-order said it was included. I paid the PP invoice October 10th.

The knife is currently out for delivery. To be frank, I'm pretty dang amped about it. But as many have stated in this thread, Millit seems to have their priorities mixed up. Plenty of zirblasted clips have gone out. Plenty of anodized clips have gone out. The Caswell karambits went out. So the Torrent parts sat for 3.5 months on a table gathering dust (they posted a picture of freshly machined parts end of September and a glamour shot of a custom 2w ago).They are deleting genuine feedback, and that doesn't sit right with me. Especially considering they are in bed with some unsavory characters. They bolstered their name with what seems like a quality knife, but that can go away quick if no one will trust your word on a pre-order. I hope they can correct their course, and not let S!K rub off on them too much.

Back