• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Just opened my Instagram at lunch. Mr. Seifert is holding the very first ever GSO 12 fresh off the bevel grinder.
Aren't there customers in the queue who PAID IN FULL still waiting on their knives from YEARS ago?
Shouldn't he be finishing those orders? Oh, that's right, members here have already explained the vaporware sales and the selling of knives two or three times that don't exist and never will.
Great news for the fanboys and shills. The secondary market will have some for sale in the coming days at double the price, and the "seconds" will be on the website soon, ready to purchase, as long as you're willing to wait "up to 90 days" for "assembly". IIRC, these retailed at about $350.00 so that will be another HUGE infusion of cash on those sales. I guess they'll have a nice Christmas.
I also noticed there was no place to leave a comment on Instagram for his post. At least for me there wasn't. ;)

Just opened my Instagram at lunch. Mr. Seifert is holding the very first ever GSO 12 fresh off the bevel grinder.
Aren't there customers in the queue who PAID IN FULL still waiting on their knives from YEARS ago?
Shouldn't he be finishing those orders? Oh, that's right, members here have already explained the vaporware sales and the selling of knives two or three times that don't exist and never will.
Great news for the fanboys and shills. The secondary market will have some for sale in the coming days at double the price, and the "seconds" will be on the website soon, ready to purchase, as long as you're willing to wait "up to 90 days" for "assembly". IIRC, these retailed at about $350.00 so that will be another HUGE infusion of cash on those sales. I guess they'll have a nice Christmas.
I also noticed there was no place to leave a comment on Instagram for his post. At least for me there wasn't. ;)

Absolutely disgusting. That, that right there is why those scumbags Guy and Ellie got their asses kicked out of here. You've hit it 100% on the head. Someone who ordered a knife 4 years ago should be asking "Why was the steel (that I paid for) used to make a GSO 12, and not my knife? Why did Guy take some unstated amount of time from the 1,440 minutes he's given on this earth every day in making THAT knife when I've been waiting for years for my knife I already paid in full for? Where did the money I paid those years ago go? What did they buy/pay for instead of getting me my knife?"

This is why they have shrunk their social media presence to just small avenues they can control. They have blocked quite a few people on IG for daring to ask questions like those, and it's not just you. No one can comment on their IG posts, because these exact questions would probably make up 90% of the responses.

Last edited:
Absolutely disgusting. That, that right there is why those scumbags Guy and Ellie got their asses kicked out of here. You've hit it 100% on the head. Someone who ordered a knife 4 years ago should be asking "Why was the (I paid for) steel used to make a GSO 12, and not my knife? Why did Guy take some unstated amount of time from the 1,440 minutes he's given on this earth every day in making THAT knife when I've been waiting for years for my knife I already paid in full for? Where did the money I paid those years ago go? What did they buy/pay for instead of getting me my knife?"

This is why they have shrunk their social media presence to just small avenues they can control. They have blocked quite a few people on IG for daring to ask questions like those, and it's not just you. No one can comment on their IG posts, because these exact questions would probably make up 90% of the responses.
They should be booted off Instagram too. :thumbsup:

Aaahhhhh, got to smack around one of the old guard apologists in Gen Pop. It's like some people keep hoping all of this will just blow over and people will forget all that S?K has done. It always gives me a smile when I see this thread still near the top of this section.

I had some time to kill the other night and took a read through some of the threads in their now closed forum. To some degree it is almost comical but also infuriating and I am NOT financially invested !!! To me it looked like a combination of a shell game and Stockholm Syndrome among some of the regulars. It's worth noting that some of the loudest voices carrying the torch for Survive? have also fallen away from the forum along with them.

I had some time to kill the other night and took a read through some of the threads in their now closed forum. To some degree it is almost comical but also infuriating and I am NOT financially invested !!! To me it looked like a combination of a shell game and Stockholm Syndrome among some of the regulars. It's worth noting that some of the loudest voices carrying the torch for Survive? have also fallen away from the forum along with them.
I noticed that too. I don’t see some of the old S!K guys around anymore.

The survive website is reopened for preorders on various sk and gso models. Full payment up front, with no expected delivery date. Should give them the funds to put out the 2015 orders. Maybe.
More than likely it's just to generate some Christmas cash. If they were worried about those orders from 2015, they wouldn't be working on anything else, especially putting out the first model of the GSO 12!

I suspect survive/millit also makes the James brand hell gap and the freeman 451 5” fixed. How many manufacturers of 3V fixed blades in meridian, idaho can there be? Also the g10 looks similar. I know g10 is generic but there’s just something in the camo pattern that looks too similar to me. Looks like these guys have quite the racket going.

I suspect survive/millit also makes the James brand hell gap and the freeman 451 5” fixed. How many manufacturers of 3V fixed blades in meridian, idaho can there be? Also the g10 looks similar. I know g10 is generic but there’s just something in the camo pattern that looks too similar to me. Looks like these guys have quite the racket going.
No need to speculate. From the website:

"Note from Jeff: The 5.0" Model 451 in CPM 3V is a heavy duty hard use field knife that is a great cutting tool for the hunter, Bush Crafter, hiker, camper or professional soldier. Made here in Brownsville, Oregon by FOG with 100% all American made materials."

Every thing I can find says Freeman is made by them in Oregon.

Absolutely disgusting. That, that right there is why those scumbags Guy and Ellie got their asses kicked out of here. You've hit it 100% on the head. Someone who ordered a knife 4 years ago should be asking "Why was the steel (that I paid for) used to make a GSO 12, and not my knife? Why did Guy take some unstated amount of time from the 1,440 minutes he's given on this earth every day in making THAT knife when I've been waiting for years for my knife I already paid in full for? Where did the money I paid those years ago go? What did they buy/pay for instead of getting me my knife?"

I'm kind of new to knife collecting and I got to say I wanted a gso 6 a few years back but after reading up on how bad there business model is I said screw it

I'm kind of new to knife collecting and I got to say I wanted a gso 6 a few years back but after reading up on how bad there business model is I said screw it
You would still be waiting. 4 years now on the 7/7and they are not done. They are creating new models on paper and not even done with the older ones yet. People will say they open orders again then report it to SK and wham they stop for a short time or wait till ordering has stopped to make a comment like no they are not taking orders. Every year it's the same thing. Their words led many to think there is hope but when you ask for results you only see drips.

View attachment 1201494 The blade shape changed, above is the one I ordered. The new version Still not a bad blade , but not what I ordered.

the time line has never been really told. 9/7/18 the GSO 12 blades were being heat treated. Was it heat treated on its orbit of the sun ? One year ago!!!!!! It makes no sense.

They charge a 10 percent cancellation fee. So I’d be out about 60$. It’s on their website.

2 years down the tube. Just requested a refund.
Survive wanted you to know that the asteroid that contains the special ore they use to make the finest knives not available to man is the fault of Captain KirkDude. It seems that their journey to explore strange new places was hindered by the solar winds coming from Guy's lies no I meant to say updates. Rest assured that the orbit around the sun will temper the ore to the proper strict standards of SK! in 8 of your solar years. The GSO 8 is the number of years it will take to orbit the sun to get the proper balance of steel to solar lies to produce the knife. Since Survive can't control solar winds or the temp of the sun you will have to understand that patience is needed as nobody else produces Solar 3V. They are doing all they can to keep the sun spots to a min but know that the 2nd GSO blades are out of this world compared to any knife in creation so only buy from them. They have a life time warranty that the knife will cut but they don't say what so if you cut anything harder than butter you might not get to claim your warranty. The knife can't be used for any other purpose or it will void the warranty and that is no joke.

I noticed on their latest instagram post that there is a long thin blade that looks like a custom steak knife or maybe a bird and trout version from SK!
I know they posted the prototype of the GSO 12 which begs the question of how you can be 4 years behind on producing orders for customers who have paid 100% up front, and yet have time to work on new models?

Are they introducing yet ANOTHER model that no one can actually buy and receive?

Post #361 on Nov 12, 2019. That was when I posted after seeing the GSO 12 on instagram.

Back