• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Survive GSO knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how are random people to know about the garbage business practices? They should search the internet before sending their money away, but people rarely do. It is better to just be up front. After years of practice survive can do the right thing, but they don't.

Double the price on a production knife? That is insane. Custom would be less expensive

If you mean random by non-BF members, I would doubt people go to Survive site randomly and purchase a knife. More like they can't get one on the site and they do a little research. Just googling Survive Knives give this result #2 behind their company.

Survive! Knives | BladeForums.com
www.bladeforums.com › Forums › Manufacturer's Forums
Apr 19, 2017 - Official SURVIVE! picture thread · Silver Needle, Dec 14, 2014 . ... Survivors: other knives you like ... What Survive Knives Are You Waiting For? Sulaco, Jul 14 ...
What Survive Knives Are You Waiting For? 20 posts Jul 14, 2017
Survive Knives 20 posts Jan 28, 2016
Survive! knives 20 posts Feb 22, 2014
All That Is Survive! Knives, Post Here Reopened 20 posts Nov 24, 2013
More results from www.bladeforums.com

Just this list should have a person looking at the threads, that point to BF that point to this thread and others with the same message beaten to death

The right thing for Survive is obviously how they continue to operate, not what anyone on BF thinks, sux for us, garbage business for you, but more than fine for Survive. It's their private company to run as they see fit, another topic beaten to death for years.

If you mean random by non-BF members, I would doubt people go to Survive site randomly and purchase a knife. More like they can't get one on the site and they do a little research. Just googling Survive Knives give this result #2 behind their company.

Apr 19, 2017 - Official SURVIVE! picture thread · Silver Needle, Dec 14, 2014 . ... Survivors: other knives you like ... What Survive Knives Are You Waiting For? Sulaco, Jul 14 ...

Just this list should have a person looking at the threads, that point to BF that point to this thread and others with the same message beaten to death

The right thing for Survive is obviously how they continue to operate, not what anyone on BF thinks, sux for us, garbage business for you, but more than fine for Survive. It's their private company to run as they see fit, another topic beaten to death for years.
Don't like it, don't click on the thread. As long as their business practices remain the same there will be new complaints, new threads and new people talking about the same problems. And that's the thing, it's the problems with the company that are the same, and that have gotten old for so, so many of us. If you're tired of people talking about it, pressure the company to fix their issues, because as long as they're in business and pulling the same thing there will be more folks like the OP, who got suckered in and come here to ask questions and vent.

I meant what I said. Survive is not honest about when you will get the production knife you paid for. 3 years for a production knife. Please......

And the more people like the OP that search out "Survive!" knives will find out more to their benefit, hopefully before ordering, but also by posting on the Survive! forums page in order to get a response when they don't answer phones or emails, which has been an increasingly frequent trend.

I find it shameful that they don't change the language on their website. There has been 90 days for delivery up frequently. Even after all these issues. It's one thing to wait a year or two for a knife. It's a different story when you paid with the promise of far less in most instances. They make great knives, but it's not a good thing to lead customers on.

Hate to say it, truly feel bad for everyone hooked, but this is the least of it.
They have taken shameful to a whole 'nother level at this point.
Joe

I find it shameful that they don't change the language on their website. There has been 90 days for delivery up frequently. Even after all these issues. It's one thing to wait a year or two for a knife. It's a different story when you paid with the promise of far less in most instances. They make great knives, but it's not a good thing to lead customers on.

At this point I look at these Survive! threads with morbid fascination just shaking my head. I was an early adopter of Survive! knives harking back to their original pre-order for the first GSO-10... I also owned at one time a 3.5, 4, 4.1 and a 6. All of these have long since been sold. They were well made knives but they certainly were not the god-like tools the "GSO fan-boys" made them out to be. I tried to warn people several years ago about my issues dealing with Guy and Survive!'s customer service and basically got ran off their forum. They are scamming people right now, plain and simple. This has been mentioned many times but the reason people aren't getting their money back in a timely fashion, or not at all now it seems, is because their money was long ago spent. I feel bad for the people still on the hook with this company and I hope that they are made whole. I frankly doubt this will happen though unfortunately.

So I ordered and paid for a GSO 12 on 2/15/2016. According to the email I just got, they are in production. Could it be that I may get my knife this year? OR is this just more BS?

So I ordered and paid for a GSO 12 on 2/15/2016. According to the email I just got, they are in production. Could it be that I may get my knife this year? OR is this just more BS?
What does "in production" mean? Did they clarify? Also, they owe people waiting much longer than you knives as well. If they get to you before others waiting longer then that would be a shame. Oh wait, that is their business model with selling 2nds and what not.

Millit posted on IG about teaming up with Guy and Survive!. Perhaps this is what they are talking about.
I'm not going to search it out, but it was there.

What does "in production" mean? Did they clarify? Also, they owe people waiting much longer than you knives as well. If they get to you before others waiting longer then that would be a shame. Oh wait, that is their business model with selling 2nds and what not.

They should finish knives in order of purchase, so it is a shame if they are not doing this. I wonder how many people have requested a refund? I paid via paypal, so there is some recourse.

They should finish knives in order of purchase, so it is a shame if they are not doing this. I wonder how many people have requested a refund? I paid via paypal, so there is some recourse.
Aren't you about 400 days past the 180 day that paypal allows for?

It's a shame that the people at Suvive can't get up at 5am and work til 9pm. I'm sure there's a really good reason why they can't do that six days a week and actually get some things done. Maybe they could hire a mechanic that knows how to use a screwdriver so that they could attach scales a little faster. Hell, maybe even hire someone with at least a 5th grade education that knows how to make a few clicks on the internet to get refunds issued in a timely manner. Of course, they would have to actually have the funds to issue the refund, which I'm betting is the problem now.

They sell and ship 2nds and ugly bettys while customers who bought first wait years. Recently, the have been selling 2nds before the have them in hand. How do you know you even have a 2nd to sell without seeing it?

Looks like you are too late for paypal. If you want your money back the best way is to start a thread in their subforum requesting one. Might take a while as it is clear by their own admission that they are strapped for cash.

Millit posted on IG about teaming up with Guy and Survive!. Perhaps this is what they are talking about.
I'm not going to search it out, but it was there.

...and Millit is building the S!K knives with a hollow grind. S!K and the fanboys are doing everything they can to minimize this, but it is a pretty major design change that will probably change the durability of the knife.

I wonder if Millit asked for 100% of the money up-front?
I sure hope so, for their sake.

...and Millit is building the S!K knives with a hollow grind. S!K and the fanboys are doing everything they can to minimize this, but it is a pretty major design change that will probably change the durability of the knife.
Yup. Not something you want in a survival! knife.

Perhaps- but my overall reason for posting this is the content in general. Hollow grind or not, someone is making them.
Hopefully, all involved in this get what is owed to them.

Excellent suggestions that will never reach fruition.
I kinda felt bad for everyone involved, even the owners of the company.
Until they took $100,000 and put a down payment on a building. While they were right in the middle of this entire clusterf*ck.
Instead of doing that with available cash, hire some friggin help maybe?? Or, do what a decent business owner would do, put some of it back into the business maybe????
Most laugh at what a complete tool G Medford is. Meanwhile, he puts tons of cash right where it belongs......back into the business. It's the only way to make a business prosper.
I have no sympathy for the idiots running that place. I do hope all that are waiting get made whole.
I have no dinosaur in this orgy, thanks Stabby, but it's hard to stay silent on the sidelines when you see recent orders being made by new people that don't know what they're in for.
Ugh, what an absolute MESS.
Joe

Aren't you about 400 days past the 180 day that paypal allows for?

It's a shame that the people at Suvive can't get up at 5am and work til 9pm. I'm sure there's a really good reason why they can't do that six days a week and actually get some things done. Maybe they could hire a mechanic that knows how to use a screwdriver so that they could attach scales a little faster. Hell, maybe even hire someone with at least a 5th grade education that knows how to make a few clicks on the internet to get refunds issued in a timely manner. Of course, they would have to actually have the funds to issue the refund, which I'm betting is the problem now.

I wonder if Millit asked for 100% of the money up-front?
I sure hope so, for their sake.
Well, if they didn't there might be a bunch of survive knives rebranded and for sale by a company who can actually get them to market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back