• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Survive GSO knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent suggestions that will never reach fruition.
I kinda felt bad for everyone involved, even the owners of the company.
Until they took $100,000 and put a down payment on a building. While they were right in the middle of this entire clusterf*ck.
Instead of doing that with available cash, hire some friggin help maybe?? Or, do what a decent business owner would do, put some of it back into the business maybe????
Most laugh at what a complete tool G Medford is. Meanwhile, he puts tons of cash right where it belongs......back into the business. It's the only way to make a business prosper.
I have no sympathy for the idiots running that place. I do hope all that are waiting get made whole.
I have no dinosaur in this orgy, thanks Stabby, but it's hard to stay silent on the sidelines when you see recent orders being made by new people that don't know what they're in for.
Ugh, what an absolute MESS.
Joe
Hey, don't worry, that building burned a week or two ago. It was already full of "materials". Damn the luck!

...Probably not the best idea to accuse someone without good evidence. You can destroy his business whether he's innocent or not.
Don't do it.

Where did you hear the building was full of materials?

It was stated in the news story that was linked in a thread in their sub.

...Probably not the best idea to accuse someone without good evidence. You can destroy his business whether he's innocent or not.
Don't do it.

Riiigghhhttt. Yeah, it's our fault that they can't attach handles and sharpen a blade in any kind of efficient manner. It's also our fault that they, for some odd reason, can't issue refunds right away, too. Yep, raising an eyebrow about a building going up in smoke is completely uncalled for. Sure thing!

Nobody here, including myself or RevDevil, has came out and said that anyone started that fire on purpose.

Oh, and btw, I think OJ did it. Woops, I hope I didn't ruin his career by saying that.

to pwrdbycotn::
Hilarious: But your post "GASP!!! Surely you aren't suggesting....." makes your "inference" even more clear.
If the maker is guilty, the law will figure it out.

to pwrdbycotn::
Hilarious: But your post "GASP!!! Surely you aren't suggesting....." makes your "inference" even more clear.
If the maker is guilty, the law will figure it out.
Oh good lord. Ok, I'll edit my post just for you. Now, what's the next excuse going to be for their lack of performance?

The Millet connection- While interesting none of the already sold knives were hollow ground. But admitting they need help is a step forward.

Survive! deserves an extra level of scrutiny and observation because of their continuing self inflicted problems.

to pwrdbycotn. Thank you for that.
I have the same problem with S!K as yourself. I cannot buy a new knife from them and would be extremely reluctant to preorder.
Their history since their move from Pa is deplorable. I don't know how to fix that either.
I have owned four in their earlier history, which I gifted to family (or sold) and recently have picked up three or four others(as-new) on the Exchange. The knife fits my hand; the blade physical specs will perform as I require. I recently compared this knife to about five other (expensive) fixed blades, and chose the S!K.
I chose the knife, not the maker.

to pwrdbycotn. Thank you for that.
I have the same problem with S!K as yourself. I cannot buy a new knife from them and would be extremely reluctant to preorder.
Their history since their move from Pa is deplorable. I don't know how to fix that either.
I have owned four in their earlier history, which I gifted to family (or sold) and recently have picked up three or four others(as-new) on the Exchange. The knife fits my hand; the blade physical specs will perform as I require. I recently compared this knife to about five other (expensive) fixed blades, and chose the S!K.
I chose the knife, not the maker.
I've never owned one of their knives, and have certainly never did a preorder or given them a dime in any manner. I don't care to have any of their products for the following reasons: I won't support someone with extremely poor business practices, and I won't buy a product when there's a fairly high chance that there won't be a company to back the product if there's an issue in the future.

I suppose that many here would not like me for my buying practices. I have gone across the grain and have purchased perhaps twenty Strider folders, in about four models, in earlier years. Many folks hate the company because of past military history.
I was happy with all of their folders. I used their Customer Service on two occasions, which had to do with previous ownership abuse. Strider fixed both knives to "as-new" (new blades, new pivot designs) and returned them to me without a charge. When they say that they guarantee their knife "for the life of the knife"...they aren't kidding.
Life is too short; I like some knives; others...not so much. I prefer to ignore most pejorative comments.

Completely crazy the fandom that runs to the rescue of this company. They are slick theives that have done well hiding their bs for a long time. And now with just more and more statements about their bull still some stand tall. Their excuses are old their production times are old. But yet a few still wave the flag of hope.

I mean a building gone, refunds being delayed due to lack of cash, everyone being told they are going broke but have inventory, PayPal has held money to protect paypals interest, a private investor not made right and decided to extent the loan, saying no more orders will be taken but website is still taking them, but the best is guy is beating himself up enough that he doesn't need to come here to be beat up by people here.
What we have here is a company that needs new sales to fund old sales. Production times in the 2 plus year range some in the 3 year range. And for what to grind a knife and use some bolts to slap some scales on? Is this support to make sure others buy knives so you get yours you paid for awhile ago?

I suppose that many here would not like me for my buying practices. I have gone across the grain and have purchased perhaps twenty Strider folders, in about four models, in earlier years.
I was happy with all of their folders. I used their Customer Service on two occasions, which had to do with previous ownership abuse. Strider fixed both knives to "as-new" (new blades, new pivot designs) and returned them to me without a charge. When they say that they guarantee their knife "for the life of the knife"...they aren't kidding..

^ +1
Strider knives, makes some of the toughest folders I've had the enjoyment of using. There's a reason why so many USMC soldier's from Camp Pendleton, deployed to the Middle East, & took along a Strider as their blade of choice. :cool:

And Strider's warranty/customer service, is as good any other top knife manufacturer I've dealt with. Josh Lee, is a really nice guy to deal with. :thumbsup:

Life is too short; I like some knives; others...not so much. I prefer to ignore most pejorative comments.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
You're one of the few member's here that I've always had/have the utmost respect for, SD. :)
The good deeds/knives that you've bestowed onto so many deploying military member's, and law enforcement officer's, shows just the type of benevolent, awesome person, you are! :thumbsup:

As for S!K: It's pretty simple; their business plan (or lack thereof),
is responsible for putting themselves in the very unstable position they currently find themselves in.

As a knife hobbyist, I'm pulling for them to turn things around and become another highly successful knife company in the great State of Idaho. :)
Until they do, pictured is my new amazing, super awesome fixed blade of choice (which I can't wait to use on my next visit up to the high country of Idaho):

1385478_10200839100679304_1071810224_n.jpg :

9eVz2RD.jpg Ms1a1Cz.jpg

Give me a good reason (Guy & Ellie) to buy one of your knives, & I will!

Marcinek: yes, we may have varied from the thread...a bit. But Kelama tied it up nicely at the end of his post.
  1. Kelama, thanx for your gracious comments. You already know the personal satisfaction that one derives from "sharing."
  2. There IS room on this forum for all folks who love knives. I'm sure that one would find many views which may differ from my own...or your own. And, that's okay...it's actually a "good" thing and leads to individuals questioning, and perhaps being forced to confirm, their own reasons for certain viewpoints.
It appears as though you are well prepared for the high country...I love that beautiful home by the river...
Your CRK's look like they will perform in any manner you propose...beautiful knives. Those are most capable heavy-duty blades. For my much more casual carry needs... I always carry a clipped large Sebenza or Zaan in my pocket.
Of course, I'm not against carrying a nice OLD MODEL Blackhawk revolver in .45 Colt...loaded with 325 gr hard cast @ 1050 fps, just in case one is not quite as skilled as Jeremiah Johnson. :)

Last edited:
Marcinek: yes, we may have varied from the thread...a bit. But Kelama tied it up nicely at the end of his post.

Ah. I missed that one sentence at the end among all the talk about Striders, and CRKs, and who Kelama respects here, etc.

So, is this thread the place to go to read up on the current state of Survive and the knife mentioned in the title? Or has it moved on?

It's quite a story and I like to keep abreast of it. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back