Survive! Sheaths and standard attachments that fit them

Awesome, guys :thumbup: I may need to get a black one now, had no idea until this thread that any were made in USA :cool:

On eBay, I see OD green Esee pouches with one squared corner and one rounded corner and the American Flag on them. These are the ones that fit well, right?

I also see the ones with two rounded corners, which are made in Mexico.

My best guess is that's correct. But noone has posted results on the od green USA pouch. The other 'made in the USA' pouches have fit, so if you get one I'd sure like to hear back on it.

Finally got around to making a couple dangler loops. Figured might as well post one here. Pardon the sloppy shaping and hole placement. Haven't set up templates and my eyeballing is a bit rusty. Probably get some wider head screws and ditch the backers anyway.

Yes, I know the sheath still needs a thumb ramp.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 49
Got my 5.1 a few weeks ago. This is my setup for fishing trips and camping. In the ESEE pouch there's a Leatherman Surge with all it's accessories and a firesteel.

I had a minor issue with the Sagewood Medium Kydex Sheath Adapter. After wearing it two times I lost the screw of the dangler belt loop (above the ring). Seemed a bit loose right out the factory. I e-mailed them as i do not know where to get a replacement screw in Germany.

Last edited:
I had a minor issue with the Sagewood Medium Kydex Sheath Adapter. After wearing it two times I lost the screw of the dangler belt loop (above the ring). Seemed a bit loose right out the factory. I e-mailed them as i do not know where to get a replacement screw in Germany.

I had the same thing happen. I've got to send them an email too. I guess its a good time to remind everyone to go through and use a thread locker.

Junkyard

Yeah, I don't know enough about the business side, but that just seems to be a big trend with a lot of customers who carry and use these knives. I haven't noticed a lot of people rushing to get upgrades handles or kydex sheaths because the stock stuff is so good. Adding pouches and drop down or dangler attachments seems to be the biggest things I've noticed.

I can vouch for that. I've built probably a couple dozen or so custom models for the S!K series IIRC, since they started making knives. I don't even build them to sell anymore unless it's ordered. Kiah makes a great sheath. Most of my orders were special camo colors, colors Kiah and S!K don't offer, or with my heavy duty nylon drop loop attachment. Add ons are the trend lately. Good to know the ESEE pouches bolt right on. I use them a lot on my rigs.

65x24n.jpg
[/IMG]
2cqh3c0.jpg
[/IMG]
2ch4cgy.jpg
[/IMG]
124dohe.jpg
[/IMG]
jg5f8k.jpg
[/IMG]
2cqzq6s.jpg
[/IMG]
wrf7zl.jpg
[/IMG]

man photobucket is a cluster lately. I took about 10 photos of these bags inside and out and from different angles, when i uploaded them it added 7 of each and deleting them feels like dialup....sigh, so you guys get one photo with my 4.1 for scale and reference:

I have been messing around with them and I think the little pouches will attach nicely to my 4.1 sheaths(might even try to add to one of my leather sheaths) but they wont carry much. My thoughts are some water proof firestarters, maybe some kind of compact firesteel and if I am really lucky some cordage...might swap cordage for a leatherman micra...unsure. The other pouch is a perfect cordage holder, and isn't too big either. I have two 50' hanks of 7 strand 550 cord right now in it and there is plenty of left over space. Each of them has a nice orange nylon ripstop lining which seems unnecessary at this price point or likely use case but adds a nice touch of quality. I will also add since it has come up in a number of threads: These guys are not great at communication. If you wan't an amazon like ordering process, I would not use them. They did however deliver and beyond my expectations and for a great price. I think they are also local in VA which is somewhat appealing.. I don't bring it up to bash them, but more so set the correct expectation. The website doesn't mention anything about lead times and frankly I would not be surprised if they are made to order. Took me about a month to month and a half to get them. All in all I would say I am pleased and think they will make a good addition to the various kit bags/sheath accessories.

Again sorry for the lack of detailed photos, maybe the bucket will cooperate later today

I too have played around with attaching different pouches. Here's a method I designed to attach the Maxpedition Barnacle model to my Junglas rig since the sheath was too wide for the Maxpedition or the ESEE pouch.
I'll need to get a few of the Tareinco pouches. I have some templates for the stock S!K sheaths.

The Max Barnacle is quite thick but will hold two Altoids tins and a bit of other gear as well. I have an Altoids tin with fire making gear and an old Victorinox tin (thinner than Altoids) that holds some minimal first aid gear and other items.

The added bonus is that the Gen 3 Molle locks allow the pouch to be easily removed in the field. No tools required.

11t5zfb.jpg
[/IMG]
v4p4sz.jpg
[/IMG]
wimwm1.jpg
[/IMG]
2uysxlv.jpg
[/IMG]

Ronnie, just awesome stuff man :thumbup:

It would be easy to turn that drop loop into a dangler, too.

ETA: Now I'm picturing that junglas/izula setup as a GSO 10/2.7 setup :D

Last edited:
Ronnie, just awesome stuff man :thumbup:

It would be easy to turn that drop loop into a dangler, too.

ETA: Now I'm picturing that junglas/izula setup as a GSO 10/2.7 setup :D

Yep. All ya gotta do is send me the blades and I can build it. :D

THANKS for the compliment.

That is BADA**!!!

I think we need more pics.............

Did you do it yourself or have it done?

Material used?

Thanks! It's orange g-10 on maroon(my alma mater's colors) I traced the profile, used snips to get it close, then a Dremel to get closer, then finally a dowel rod with reasonably fine grit sand paper.
81e1c7bf85587984b31e52309472de6f.jpg
c6c60100e65121bcdd3cbd9e2f8a4401.jpg

Last edited:
Halestorm, I love all the stuff you've been working on. Your drop loop and maybe a carbon fiber taco sheath are things I'd really like to look into when I get some new spec stuff rolling in....... after I stop spending all my money on the knives themselves :D

redwood, nice work! Liners hadn't been something I felt I needed on my knIves, despite how good they can look, but since some people recently mentioned a slightly looser sheath fit, liners could be practical as well as sexy.

Finally got around to making a couple dangler loops. Figured might as well post one here. Pardon the sloppy shaping and hole placement. Haven't set up templates and my eyeballing is a bit rusty. Probably get some wider head screws and ditch the backers anyway.

Yes, I know the sheath still needs a thumb ramp.

Looking great Kiah!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Back