Survive! Sheaths and standard attachments that fit them

Just got these two in! Unfortunately the one I ordered for my wife no longer matches because of her handle change but she still liked it!

Is the draw OK on the firesteel holders? In the pic, it looks like the handle would bump into the swell in the sheath... nice touch by the maker, matching the slots to the 5.1 slots.

Is the draw OK on the firesteel holders? In the pic, it looks like the handle would bump into the swell in the sheath... nice touch by the maker, matching the slots to the 5.1 slots.

It's tight but I was able to dial it in with rubber washers I have between the two, the nice part is its tight enough to not fall out, but just loose enough to pull out

I should add that my wife loves your uke attachment. You can see it in the camping thread I started a while back, I just remove all clips for wall mounting, put back on when we head out!

Just got these two in! Unfortunately the one I ordered for my wife no longer matches because of her handle change but she still liked it!
e975864eee3a3bca28762a03cd2f5033.jpg

That red and green look great together!

I feel your pain! I'd love to spend all of my money on knives, but a lot of my camping stuff needs to be replaced.

No problem :thumbup: I just wanted to re-iterate to folk that they can achieve a higher ride without necessarily having to modify the extension, as at least two individuals have commented to me that the UKE rides lower than they prefer... not realizing that it can be mounted lower to allow for a higher ride ;)

:thumbup:

redwood22 said:
She wore her survive shirt the other day to pick me up from work, put a huge grin on my face!

Ha! I love it! That would definitely make me grin, too. And I like the look of that red and jade together, definitely sets it apart.

Tinbanger said:
Just an FYI, the drop loop from sagegear for the 3.5 fits the sk4.7 sheath!

Awesome! Great info man. Thank you.

e975864eee3a3bca28762a03cd2f5033.jpg

Where did you order those from, if you don't mind me asking?

I just got my 5.1 in with black canvas and I'm already looking at ordering red linen and ghost jade scales. $$$$$$

Where did you order those from, if you don't mind me asking?

I just got my 5.1 in with black canvas and I'm already looking at ordering red linen and ghost jade scales. $$$$$$

Battle horse knives, a guy on the FB fan page is friendly with them and had them make him one, they then opened it up to whoever wanted one. I ordered 3!!

But there are also some awesome kydex benders that frequent this forum that could whip something up as well!

For the newer guys, the UKE (see link in sig line):

P1050195.JPG

P1050196.JPG

I still have to replace that mexican ESEE-pouch with a US one, since the US ones reportedly fit better...

Anybody tried one of the pouches on 4.7 yet? Wait, is that pouch on your 4.7 or your 5.1???

Last edited:
Anybody tried one of the pouches on 4.7 yet? Wait, is that pouch on your 4.7 or your 5.1???

that's the CFV 4.7, the sheath is narrower at the bottom than the attachment holes on the pouch, so it has to be squeezed into place, hence the tin being pushed up so far in the pouch. It works, but is not ideal. I've since removed the pouch, but if I put it back, I'll only secure three holes instead of all four.

Here is another 4.7 with Chiral's UKE 2.0 and flipped the stock belt clip around to the front to hold the alox farmer. Used a scrungy just in case, but the clip actually holds the sak pretty securely. I had my Leatherman on for a while but it is a little bulky and heavy IMO for this rig.
PICT1008_zpso3drbw4n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You should trademark that, Psybull. Cool setup, and that little guy is probably shoutin' out to all his buddies, like a remora on a great white shark, or a Chihuahua hanging out on the porch with a pit bull, or the bat boy in the dugout, or... you get it.

Ya that SAK is living large for sure! Great set up Psybull. I can see that being very handy.

Thanks TR, having the alox adds to the overall usefulness without adding much weight- I don't need any extra trust me.

This might be OT, but I just got the KSF Allegheny Pocket Sheath, and the Necker 2 is a very good fit for it! I'll try it with a 3.5 this weekend, which is my intended knife for it...

424b276024bc7589abe0f07a232b8432.jpg

68fc4599a8504025fae0db008349c5e2.jpg

That looks like a great fit. Thanks for sharing it. Is that a light in the small pocket?

Back