SURVIVOR - Progress Thread

Time for my weekly BTTT
Hey big guy, any idea on time frame for the next 15?
Hate to be a pest, but it is always good to ask and see.;)

latest and greatest:

Survivors0817-01.jpg

I glued up and rough out the handles before finishing the grinds....mostly because it is painful holding on to the blade when doing after-heat-treat grinding. So...next I'll rough out the handles, then grind the blades. But that probably won't happen until Thursday.

Dan

latest and greatest:

survivors0817-01.jpg

i glued up and rough out the handles before finishing the grinds....mostly because it is painful holding on to the blade when doing after-heat-treat grinding. So...next i'll rough out the handles, then grind the blades. But that probably won't happen until thursday.

Dan

did it happen?:d

What is going on with these Dan?? It's almost been 2 weeks since these have been glued up. How much longer can we expect to have to wait???

However long it takes, Bro. They're done when they're done, guys.

That said, I do now have the handles nearly finished and am grinding the blades (slooooooow process!)

Keep the faith - when they're done, you'll appreciate me taking my time to do them right! :thumbup:

Dan

Thanks for the update Dan.
It sounds like the batch I am in is getting real close! Happy days!!:thumbup:
Hope my sheath and blade come close together.

Ground out 8 more blades this morning.....*exhausting!* :eek:

Dan

dang my arms are TIRED!!! :eek:

All of the next 15 have been rough ground - will do finish grinding on the blades next.

Dan

I am going to do my best to get these done today, guys!

If you are #45-61, you need to get ahold of me to make sure I have your payment and shipping info.

Thanks!!!

Dan

I will be making final payment today.
E-mail sent with Info.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Email sent. Paid in full, sent address in the email. You should already have it from my info on order tracker also.

I got emails with payments showing - always helps with my record keeping!!

Dang, these are slow-going....it just seems like everytime I work on these, it takes much longer than anticipated. And not just because they are so much larger...but it seems that the moment I touch one to the grinder, everybody and their dog wants to email or call or PM, etc. Can't hardly get 'em done with all the responding I have to do. :(

I think today I'm going to turn my computer off and set the phone to silent. :p

Despite being laid out with a cold....I am GOING to get these done...one way or another!!

Dan

Ok, guys - these are DONE!!!!

And so am I !!! :( :eek:

I've had a full day....full of DUST, that is....*cough, cough*

Pics!!!

Survivor0918-01.jpg

Survivor0918-02.jpg

Wahoo!!!

I'll box these up and mail them on Monday.

*whew*

Dan

Back