Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

Looking REAL good there K9.
I actually love what some call a ghetto finish. I don't like shiny knives.

Thanks! I got my Ratmandu last spring/summer and it became my go to hiking/camping knife. The blade coating was bugging me a bit so off it came. Then I realized I needed a smaller fixed blade and a member here let me know he was selling his and I jumped on it. I love the combo! For my big blade my wife got me a TRASH 2 awhile back and it's been a great blade also!

Thanks! I got my Ratmandu last spring/summer and it became my go to hiking/camping knife. The blade coating was bugging me a bit so off it came. Then I realized I needed a smaller fixed blade and a member here let me know he was selling his and I jumped on it. I love the combo! For my big blade my wife got me a TRASH 2 awhile back and it's been a great blade also!
Welcome to the Family!

Hey y'all, I'm thinking about changing the name of this thread. I'm thinking, Swamp Rat Chat.
Does anybody have any suggestions?

Hey y'all, I'm thinking about changing the name of this thread. I'm thinking, Swamp Rat Chat.
Does anybody have any suggestions?

I like it. Do we care that it has some SYKCO in it as well, since there's not a SYKCO forum on BF anymore?

I've already thought of this as the unofficial chat thread for awhile. Speaking for myself, bring on the Rats and Dogs too :thumbsup:

Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

Anybody got a stripped Rat with a deep etch? Here's one of the dogs with a good one.

yRsrvk1.jpg

I have a deep etch on my Jackmandu, but haven't stripped it yet. It's lost a fair amount of coating through use though. :D

Do the JMDs have the rat whisker logo or the all caps logo? I've got one but it was already stripped from the previous owner.

Thanks, that was my first etch attempt and it came out great. Salt water soaked Q-tips and a few 9v batteries.

My BG Hell Razor and CG BB13 got the same treatment. :thumbsup:
Inky, that did come out SWEET! By using that method, how long total per knife?

Salt water soaked Q-tips and a few 9v batteries.

I'm getting much better results with the 9v batteries than I did when trying to use a car battery charger. Really happy with the 9v method.

Uncle Timbo Uncle Timbo Tim, I don't think my etch on the Regulator is as deep as Nate's JMD but it took me about 30 minutes or so to etch before I stripped the coating.

I'm getting much better results with the 9v batteries than I did when trying to use a car battery charger. Really happy with the 9v method.

Uncle Timbo Uncle Timbo Tim, I don't think my etch on the Regulator is as deep as Nate's JMD but it took me about 30 minutes or so to etch before I stripped the coating.
Thanks Dave. I've never tried it. @91bravo etched my Infiweiler and did a darn good job. He also sanded her sweetly and thinned her out a tad.
I caught this the other day and thought it was a pretty slick way of removing rust. Your mention of the battery charger made me think of it.

Thanks brother. You know, even if you had to stand on your head while you did it, it would still be worth it!
I'll see if I can get a pic of my Infiweiler. Jonny did a spectacular job on it for me. All the way around. I couldn't be happier, even if the Boss himself had done it!
Thanks again Jonny.

Back