Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

Not bad at all. My ortho surgeon released me from supervised physical therapy about a month ago. It's all on me now. I use stretch bands with handles on them and I'm truly amazed at how far I've come. I think it's going to be a great summer!
I wonder how ol BE is doing against the beavers with INFI TEETH?

He's been slacking. I've been getting out on the bicycle a bunch instead and cleaning up a few log piles from what I drug out of the woods this winter with the saw and axe. Last time I went out I brought the busse steel heart instead. Now, the weather just can't decide what it wants to do. I was going to head out this afternoon but there's quite a band of unpleasantness on the weather radar.

The steel heart after getting some pants. It's dirtier now.
QCCitoul.jpg

ZnESogll.jpg

Not bad at all. My ortho surgeon released me from supervised physical therapy about a month ago. It's all on me now. I use stretch bands with handles on them and I'm truly amazed at how far I've come. I think it's going to be a great summer!

Awesome! I'm really glad to hear that T!

bikerector bikerector who's the sheathmaker? Looks good :thumbsup:

@Makael made this one. He does good work with some non-standard requests I ask of him. He also made my leather ratweiler shesths.

I've got to hit him up. Maybe for the NFNO. I grabbed a kydex pancake for it, but since that one is a keeper and I won't mind having a couple different setups. I keep seeing his work pop up and it looks top notch. Thank you sir.

D, I’ve got Nano FSH, and just few weeks short of settling up shop...
Why don’t you hit him up for NFNO? ;)

Andy got one.
With the upcoming unemployment I passed, also on HR2, which Andy didn’t get either.
I really like the NFSH and as soon as I finish two other overdue projects it’ll be getting a new set of pants

Last edited:
I debated on the HR2 but the pommel just didn't do it for me and I'm holding out in case something really nice comes along... like the NFSH which is pretty sweat.

Uncle Timbo Uncle Timbo I didn't go spar with the beavers but I got the infiweiler out in it's element helping to clear some mtb trails this evening instead.

Target 1 clear. Some hardass wood. Threw a few sparks when I hit a knot with the axe on one swing.
WUE095nl.jpg

Target 2 with cut #1 cleared up. RW didn't get a ton of work here, cleared some bark from the tree to saw off the rest of the trunk that crossed the trail now that there isn't any unexpected load on the tree. I don't like folding saws on some of these blow downs, pinching the blade is just too easy as they like to twist and do crazy things sometimes.
BOj8d3ml.jpg

And done
r9VENY7l.jpg

BkTiWCOl.jpg

Figured I should get the new-ish whip in there too.
ozu6UwRl.jpg

And then I ran into some of the crazy vines that are in SE Michigan. RW had some fun.
GG0xUUAl.jpg

0yD6LBRl.jpg

7ToAzmGl.jpg

Ahh, that's better
0SGco4Wl.jpg

l5NPTfKl.jpg

Nice pics! I think the Beav's and their Infi teeth have met their match with the Infiweiler.
Sweet bike! I have a 29" aluminum but lack the MONSTER TIRES! Will all your toys fit in its pouch?

Nice pics! I think the Beav's and their Infi teeth have met their match with the Infiweiler.
Sweet bike! I have a 29" aluminum but lack the MONSTER TIRES! Will all your toys fit in its pouch?

The ratweiler will fit into the frame pack, the axe will not. I haven't tried the silky big boy, it's pretty long even though it's reasonably slender. I'm tinkering with the idea of making a custom frame pack as I always want to get some fancy packs but don't want to pay for it. I was talking with the wife about getting a sewing machine the other day so I could start fabricating some stuff for the bike and for my other woodsy adventures. I was kind of thinking some canvas slings and things would be nice for the axes and saws and then I can engineer up some stuff to make it all easier to carry on the bike as well.

The fat bike is new to me this winter. I've tried them before but always hated the handling compared to my race bikes. They've improved that quite a bit in the last couple years, though the tires are probably the biggest improvement as the auto-steering the wide tires can exhibit is much more limited than it used to be when all tires were oriented towards only deep snow.

I really like the NFSH...…..

... like the NFSH which is pretty sweat.

I came within a whisker of pulling the trigger on the NFSH (I still think that thing's a mini mistress) and would have if I could have got one in satin. That's one I may be a bit regretful over. However I LOVE my NFNO nuke version. I need to pick up a second one (at least) of those.

I came within a whisker of pulling the trigger on the NFSH (I still think that thing's a mini mistress) and would have if I could have got one in satin. That's one I may be a bit regretful over. However I LOVE my NFNO nuke version. I need to pick up a second one (at least) of those.

Somehow, I feel like I'm going to end up the same with the NFNO. I just had too many in that size already, with the ratweiler grouping and all. Same with the badger. With so many cool ones coming out already, I'm hopeful there will be something else. I would love for some rendition of the forsaken mistress to come strolling through. One of the orange handles ones would look really nice next the the ratweiler and NFSH. Or better yet, get some more swamp rats out there, though it seems like those are tabled for a while, for the most part.

We'll see, I'm still enjoying the infiweiler and NFSH so I'm set for a while with hot Busse goodness. Better on the bank account if he stops coming out with things that I really like the looks of.

Somehow, I feel like I'm going to end up the same with the NFNO. I just had too many in that size already, with the ratweiler grouping and all. Same with the badger. With so many cool ones coming out already, I'm hopeful there will be something else. I would love for some rendition of the forsaken mistress to come strolling through. One of the orange handles ones would look really nice next the the ratweiler and NFSH. Or better yet, get some more swamp rats out there, though it seems like those are tabled for a while, for the most part.

We'll see, I'm still enjoying the infiweiler and NFSH so I'm set for a while with hot Busse goodness. Better on the bank account if he stops coming out with things that I really like the looks of.

Something tells me that what you really need (aside from Rat Mastiff & Rat Daddy [and then of course the Chop Mastiff & Daddy if they ever come out]) is BME2!
The original ergo handles were a bit too wide for people with non-xxl hands, but the Ergo 2 line is a lot more ‘handable’; and BME is just about the sweet spot of size/weight/performance for the size equation.

Agree, the BME2 is a special blade.

Have many smaller and larger blades I can grab for different tasks or just for variety, but the BME2 can do it all and the handle is one of the best.

15hzg9g.jpg

The Boom Parang is another one in the 9"+ category I can't say enough good things about. Chops well above its weight class and can be swung around all day.

33nhzkz.jpg

Funny, been using that block in the pic above for chopping up branches and yard debris for a while. Had the BG FSH out with it the other day. Went to lightly stick it into the end grain while I grabbed some more stuff to chop up and the fatty nearly split it in half without trying. Probably time to switch to a new block. :)

There was an orange and black handle boom parang on the exchange recently. unfortunately it was a little pricey for a SR-101 version and someone else grabbed it before the price came down into my price range.

I like the looks of that BME2, but is it better than a 1311 at being a long bladed workhorse? I love the 1311.

Love that dangler with a teklok. I have though that would be a nice way to utilize a teklock but I've never seen it offered by anyone and it seems like it would be a lot of adapters and things for nuts bolts to grab. That looks very clean.

Nah, wouldn't say the BME2 is better than the 1311 in that regard, but the Parang can hang with it surprisingly well.

The Ergo2 wins for me in handle comfort and is pretty versatile, chops well for it's size and weight, but it's not really in the same class as 11"+ stuff.

The sheath and dangler are from David Brown, he has lots of different options available.

Nah, wouldn't say the BME2 is better than the 1311 in that regard, but the Parang can hang with it surprisingly well.

The Ergo2 wins for me in handle comfort and is pretty versatile, chops well for it's size and weight, but it's not really in the same class as 11"+ stuff.

The sheath and dangler are from David Brown, he has lots of different options available.

I'll have to check him out.

Andy got one.
With the upcoming unemployment I passed, also on HR2, which Andy didn’t get either.
I really like the NFSH and as soon as I finish two other overdue projects it’ll be getting a new set of pants
....just got my tracking details on the NFNO and NFBA should be here around the end of this week I hope...they have made it as far as Chicago last night.

Didn’t have a chance to take the NFSH or Boom Parang through their paces, work, renovating and interstate move left little time for outdoor activities, but my initial impressions on both are really positive.
Not sure why Jerry decided to drill the silly holes in the blade, once in hand BP has such a clear Swamp Rat lineage!
And I do live by what I preach, which basically is that if you can’t use a knife in the controlled environment of your own kitchen, then you really can’t use the knife.

Back