Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

ARGH!!! :eek: SHOULD. NOT. HAVE. CLICKED!!! :oops:

If you buy it, be sure to post plenty of pictures so I can look at it a lot. I love the looks of it, but it doesn't suit me from a usability standpoint. I'm hoping there's something new coming from the Busse crew with all their foreshadowing of something from the swamp coming.

If you buy it, be sure to post plenty of pictures so I can look at it a lot. I love the looks of it, but it doesn't suit me from a usability standpoint. I'm hoping there's something new coming from the Busse crew with all their foreshadowing of something from the swamp coming.

I did :oops:, and I will. ;) Will fit nicely between my green/black BT6 and my bruiser G10 RMD Bowie. I love satin SR-101! Might have to send this off to Al for some matching Kydex, my other two have nice custom leather.

Congrats! It was a nice one for sure. Uncle T likes to torment me every time something orange comes along, so it's nice when someone else buys it. As soon as Busse comes out with an orange micarta, I'm going to be a very poor person. Something about micarta just feels a lot nicer to me in hand.

Or leather handles... that would be the end of me.

I was waffling over it, as orange isn't my favorite, but I don't hate it either. Then I got to thinking...

This would be the perfect gift for my son's first Elk hunt, coming up in the next year or two! :cool: And orange is his favorite color! :D :thumbsup:

It looks to be the original Swamp Forum colour theme orange & olive green.

BR, it's not just you, I can't remember when was the last time when I bought a fixed blade with G10 handles when micarta was an option... and it never had anything to do with the higher cost of G10 version.

It looks to be the original Swamp Forum colour theme orange & olive green.

BR, it's not just you, I can't remember when was the last time when I bought a fixed blade with G10 handles when micarta was an option... and it never had anything to do with the higher cost of G10 version.

I think my first Busse with G10 was the forsaken steel heart, with the pumpkin scales. Love the color, don't care for it in use like I did the maroon micarta I had before it (did a little switcharoo with some guys to change out at original prices). Now, micarta all the way. I did get another ratweiler in G10, but the price was too darn good to pass up, and it came with a nice Pirtle sheath. It could've been missing one whole scale and I would've bought it for the price I paid, honestly. I do have an unhealthy fascination with ratweiler, and similar Swamp Rats with that handle shape. I just need a darn chopweiler to come through that isn't over-priced (because SR101 is selling dirt cheap right now) and then stays listed for more than a couple hours.

In reality, I'm probably going to design something like that in my side hobby biz. I'm putting in a lot of thought into a handle as I haven't found many that are as comfortable while being versatile as the RW, IMO.

Choppy could use a rejuvenation with handles more like the 'modern' Ratweiler models, way more sculpted and comfortable than the original blocky handles.
I'd leave the blade as it was, maybe just bring the primary grind a bit higher up and thinner edge

Choppy could use a rejuvenation with handles more like the 'modern' Ratweiler models, way more sculpted and comfortable than the original blocky handles.
I'd leave the blade as it was, maybe just bring the primary grind a bit higher up and thinner edge

Yeah, don't change a thing about the steel (OK, I could get onboard with a higher grind), but give it the handle treatment from the RW re-release. Like printing money... :cool: :thumbsup:

I like the way you all think.

Recent family photo

Z2TMG14l.jpg

Nothing knife related but seeings how this is a "Chat" area, here goes.
I live in a small Southeast Missouri town with a population of 1300 people. Nothing really exciting happens here in this small rural predominately farming community. We have a McDonalds express which is the highpoint of town if that tells you anything.

Anyway, it appears as if this morning sometime prior to 5am, THERE WAS A MURDER! Less than 500 feet away from our house. Of course something like this would have to happen after I retired from Law Enforcement so they can't tell me anything about the investigation. BUT I WAS told that we shouldn't have anything to really worry about, that at least is something. And it leads me to think that it MAY be drug related, but once again they can't say as the investigation is less than 5 hours old.

Well they caught the suspect in a town about 30 miles away. It appears as if he was heading to his kids. To get them and then flee the area or what wasn't said. And picking up his kids is only speculation but they are the only contact he has with that area.

Not real bad time. Less than 9 hours from cops arriving on scene to apprehension. Thanks guys.

Glad to hear you don't have to worry about anything Randy, so you and Mrs. S/H can relax. And kudos to the Law
Enforcement in your area.:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now, if they would just get the Scrap Yard forum working right!:rolleyes:

YUP, but in this case it was a 62 year old man with SEVERE COPD and other problems. YUP, you guessed it, break in to steal his drugs. BUT I've once again got my Boom Sticks all oiled up, fresh batteries on the light and ready to go with a 20 round mag. Oh it is a Beretta PX4 9mm.

Can you add a signature line without being a paid member? And if you can HOW do you do it.

Come on Randy, spend some of that fortune and become a paid member.:p..........................................:D

Back