Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

If I could talk the WVDNR into it, I'd rent a big Uhaul and bring some out! We could trade, Whitetails for Elk? 2 for 1 sound fair? :)

Deal! Every time one of us knocks an elk down we look over and say 'well, the fun's over!' :D

nDTIt5v.jpg

Was hoping to get a little campfire time this morning for some backyard camping before a trip next week. It's raining so I guess I did the next best thing, strip the coating off a knife. Finally. Sometimes I forget how much better these look without the crinkle coat... which is the worst looking coating there is, IMO. I also hate how it makes it harder to strop and edge and SR101 loves a loaded strop.

Also, my fancy new phone actually captures orange in all it's gloriousness.
ge3q7Zol.jpg

LgpqvlFl.jpg

100% improvement. Doesn't look like you found any pecker tracks underneath. That's always a good thing. What role will this puppy fill?

100% improvement. Doesn't look like you found any pecker tracks underneath. That's always a good thing. What role will this puppy fill?

Compact wood splitter mostly. It's pretty thick stock for a 5" blade, but it really isn't the worst slicer. It's really comparable to the RMD, really, but that was also a little obtuse for me. The FFG RMD is on order though, so that should be fabulous.

I figure I could pair this with a Kephart, one of the 3 I have, and use the safety mutt for the dirty work and the Kephart for the food prep.

Hey BE, what's the ETA on that FFG/RMD?

It was the old 6-600 week wait time deal... or it feels like 600 sometimes. I think next month is realistic.

Oh, and an update on the safety mutt worked flawlessly for a little wood splitter for getting kindling ready. It's thicker then I generally prefer for such a short knife but I think that adds to it's ability to spread wood.

Paired with the smaller JK in my sig, starting fires in the wet wasn't a problem at all, though I cheated by buying and using a little fatwood from menards.

I hope you do get it next month. Just in time for some fall activities. Maybe carving that pumpkin for your new little punkin. :)

I hope you do get it next month. Just in time for some fall activities. Maybe carving that pumpkin for your new little punkin. :)

That would be an interesting knife choice, but might be fun to test out it's agility. S'pose I can use the RW to smash it up when done too. Halloween entertainment for all ages.

Guys, there's a GEORGEOUS INFI RATMANDU for sale in our exchange area. That knife is BEAUTIFUL!

Guys, there's a GEORGEOUS INFI RATMANDU for sale in our exchange area. That knife is BEAUTIFUL!

They've really been marking them up. One was nearly $100 over the original sale price. Not saying it's not worth it, but it's a bit tough to swallow when you know they're flipping them.

Having said that, still waiting for my ding :cool:

Back