1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Swamp Rat and Wombat

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Currawong, Jun 27, 2019.

1. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Yeah, anything that big with large teeth will give you a scare but alligators aren't very aggressive by their nature unless a female is protecting a nest or they are VERY hungry.

A guy working with my wife was attacked by a female his first day on the job. He was wading through the marsh at a nature preserve here in South Florida and got too close to the nest. She (the gator) didn't puncture his hip waders so he just had some bruises but it sure scared the :poop: out of him.

The company ordered a bunch of Sogfari knives for anybody that went in the field so I ended up with my wife's when she left the company. I use it when chopping sometimes if my Battle Saw isn't close by.

2. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Roo tastes to me a little like elk. Fantastic meat. Won’t touch it anymore. Made the mistake of going to .... I think it was Cleland Wildlife Park near Adelaide. Got to pet a ... Western Gray(?). Practically held hands with it. I’ve got photos around here somewhere. Won’t touch kangaroo meat after that. I’ll hunt, kill, eat, deer all day long. Elk. Turkey. Even squirrel. No more roo.

Not an option in the States anyway, so don’t need to worry about it.

WatermanChris likes this.
  3. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    You just gotta love Wombats:thumbsup: