Tacticlol Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always wondered about these, I mean you see historians and people in museums talk about these things with such seriousness and admire the ingenuity of the design and all; but as someone experienced with shooting and carrying guns the only thought I have is "that's a really bad idea...." haha. Back then pistols were carried either cross draw or in in saddle holsters, and either way the blade sticks up and points right at you. Then when you shoot it you can't get a solid grip on the gun because the blade is in the way, and if it slips that blade will surely find some part of you to cut. I think its a perfect example of someone inexperienced with weapons designing a "better" weapon.

Honestly, in that era accuracy was not really the name of the game with pistols. Basically they were used within 10-20 feet of the target because they were horribly inaccurate beyond that. It makes sense that you could pull the thing and aim it in the general direction of someone, fire a shot, and then swing it around like a club(people were using firearms as clubs up until the advent of repeaters).

meleeweapons3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

and it's things like this why i hate people.

I don't know man. I would actually like to have one of those...

Wait, we are talking about the Brunette, right?

You mean there's something in the picture other than a girl?
Some folks must have weird priorities. :D

You mean there's something in the picture other than a girl?
Some folks must have weird priorities. :D

ah, that makes sense now. It was a test for heterosexuality... that I just failed. my grandfather's not gonna be happy about this.

It's a knife, it's a car; it's a knife-car! (Or, a bad attempt at Wolverine claws) :rolleyes:

RazorWarrior.jpg

Or, there's always the phallic Kpinga... :D

kpinga.jpg

Mostly the knife in the post just prior...although some others are strong contenders for the honour. :D

Fair enough. :D

Here's another couple of gems:

Consigli-Happy-Blades-Animal-Knives-1.jpg

Saying a knife is “fun” is a fairly strange and somewhat frightening description. That being said, these knives are fun. Crafted by the Consigli family in Italy, these Happy Blade Knives open, not by a having a finger groove, but by sporting a tiny animal on the flat side of the blade. Available with an owl, dog, cat, dolphin, or frog, the knives were created with the idea of removing a bit of the aggressiveness associated with knives in general. Each is passionately crafted in a similar vein to the way most high-quality knives have been in Scarperia for centuries. Each 2-1/3″ knife is available with either a horn or boxwood handle and will no doubt be the most interesting pocket knife around.

Interesting intent I guess...

Fair enough. :D

Here's another couple of gems:

Consigli-Happy-Blades-Animal-Knives-1.jpg

Saying a knife is “fun” is a fairly strange and somewhat frightening description. That being said, these knives are fun. Crafted by the Consigli family in Italy, these Happy Blade Knives open, not by a having a finger groove, but by sporting a tiny animal on the flat side of the blade. Available with an owl, dog, cat, dolphin, or frog, the knives were created with the idea of removing a bit of the aggressiveness associated with knives in general. Each is passionately crafted in a similar vein to the way most high-quality knives have been in Scarperia for centuries. Each 2-1/3″ knife is available with either a horn or boxwood handle and will no doubt be the most interesting pocket knife around.

Interesting intent I guess...

I think those may be WTF Knives rather than Tacticlol though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back