1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Tacticlol Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by TwitchyBlade, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    tactical plumbers crack

[​IMG]

2. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. nick21

nick21

Feb 22, 2014
    I'm pretty sure this was made with possible extraterrestrial hands in mind

4. Tmack

Tmack

Apr 29, 2014
    Three thumb aliens and their knives. What can you do.

5. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    [​IMG]

6. Tmack

Tmack

Apr 29, 2014
    Douchasaurus Rex? Poor guy.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  7. Gavin S.

Gavin S.

Apr 9, 2009

That thing should be named "The Hot Spot" because it is comprised exclusively of them.

8. C_Becker

C_Becker

Oct 7, 2012
    The funniest thing about Mantis is that they claim to be using 440V still...

9. Sunyata

Sunyata

Mar 27, 2014
    Wow. People buy garbage

10. Tmack

Tmack

Apr 29, 2014
    I was at the flea market last weekend and it was just......... Wow.
    People climbing over each other to buy m tech, zombie, junk. It was crazy. Fake Damascus going for $120. And the people are inspecting them like they have a clue what they are looking at. I've never heard "tang" so many times in my life. . You know they are looking at crap grinds , blade play, plastic , and still handing over their money.

I would have brought out my knives , but why. They can get even bigger knives, with swat, tac, special ops , for a 50th the cost.

11. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    I know. I whip out my brous , ZT , benchmade and people can't understand why I'm spending 250-300 bucks on a pocket knife when they can get a super tactical Rambo knife for $50 AND it comes with a mini survival kit and built in compass.

god forbid I get into a real survival sitch with them they'll bash my head in with a rock to get my good knife after theirs breaks. straight up lord of the flies style

12. Tmack

Tmack

Apr 29, 2014
    That's a common discussion for us.

I'm usually carrying a xm 18 3.5 dressed in its best ti, and a large 21 tanto. I had those with me at the guys little area, and I could have dropped them in the case in total confidence they wouldn't get sold.

Hell the guy behind the counter wouldn't know they were any different from what he was selling either.
    But hey, I couldn't tell you what wine is good, or baseball card. But I also wouldn't claim to

Seems like every tough guy knows best when it comes to knives.

Haha, my girl had a pink Izula around her neck. Never got an honorable mention or anything.

13. Czechmate

Czechmate

Feb 24, 2011
    Meat tenderizer, dual rope cutters and Batarang all in one!

[​IMG]

14. GingivitisKahn

GingivitisKahn

Jun 8, 2010
    Wonder if he's ever tried to shoot a bow while wearing a big, bulky chest pack like that. Not a good idea.

Tactical gimp suit? Yikes.

---

Beckerhead #42

15. Tmack

Tmack

Apr 29, 2014
    I was thinking the same thing.

16. K.O.D.

K.O.D. The Everlasting Know-it-all Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    [​IMG]

17. SilentJohn

SilentJohn

Feb 11, 2008
    for the well dress tacitifool

[​IMG]

and I would hate to be the guy batoning when that lock gives way and you destroys your hand

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  18. Mecha

Mecha Madscienceforge.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    Seat belt cutters seem a bit redundant on, you know, a knife.

19. Rasco

Rasco

Jan 3, 2014
    It does seem like an exceedingly rare occasion to dedicate an entire part of your knife design to...
    If I needed to cut my own seatbelt, I'd get it done, even if I cut myself a bit in the process.
    But for rescue workers, I can see how it could be useful.

20. amg137

amg137

Sep 21, 2013
    Now, I'll preface this with the statement that these machetes aren't very tacticlol. In fact, it's one of the most traditional, non-tactical blades Cold Steel makes. But Lynn Thompson has determined that every knife they make must be marketed exclusively to mall ninjas, and it makes for some very entertaining video.

I lost it at 17 seconds... you'll see why.

[video=youtube;I13-oGpEP0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I13-oGpEP0I[/video]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.