Take your shot here if you need to.

Hey all. I just wanted to know right here and right now if anyone has an axe to grind with me. I was actively involved in all the mess that went down with Simon over in the Martial Arts area. I went to their site and pled the case for HI as I see it and understand it. If anyone who followed along has anything to say or accuse me of about what I did or said, let's have it out in the open now. I did what I thought was right and I did it in the way I thought it right to do. I wanted to work things out with him and I'd like to work things out with you. If you think I crossed the line and are done with me, I want to know that too.

I haven't read the thread in Tora, and have no idea what you've written. It doesn't matter because you are a good guy. You're a good man and that's that. Glad you're a friend and member of HI forum.

munk

From what I read on FMA forum, you were fair and reasonable. I haven't read anything on the Tora board but I'm sure you were a credit to HI there as well. No axe from me. ;)

Bob

Bobwhite said:
Hey all. I just wanted to know right here and right now if anyone has an axe to grind with me.

Weren't you the guy who killed my family, burnt down my farm and put me in prison for 10 years?

If you're not, it's cool...

:rolleyes: :)

Glad I don't know what you are talking about. Now...where's the Deal of the Day? :D

Jeff

Bob, no problems here. I also didn't read the threads, but the fact that you were willing to defend HI, and tried to fix a problem, says a lot of good about you.

Steve, everything Bruise said was perfectly valid.

Well, I'm not sure I read ALL of it... Saw that part about using a pic of one of our WWII's as an example of a poorly made khukuri... unprofessional, that.

So.

I got your back, Bobwhite.

Ad Astra

see... it's a picture of a Bobwhite, challenging another bird....

I'm on your side Bobwhite and saw nothing wrong with what you did. Forums are here for people to express their opinions - whether others agree with you or not. If you give criticism as Simon did, then you should be able to take criticism.

In the same way, if the Dixie Chicks want to put down the President in public that is their right, but then they should not complain when they got the backlash. That is the right of others also.

If you throw a punch, be ready to take a punch - or many.

Isn't America great!;)

There must be something going on...but I already watered your cacti there during it, as I did for everyone involved (green or red as *I* saw fit...you got green and I signed them all).

As munk said, you one of the good guys.

I read your posts over on that other manufacturer's forum. You sounded more educated, eloquent, and rational than all the rest of them put together.

You lowdown no good $$%%^@@(( !!! I can't believe you ##%$%@#(( How could you &((^%$$$

... er, uh, no. I haven't read it what is the problem ;)

You're a good cookie in my book, Bobwhite:) You handled yourself better than those on the other side of the aisle. I think you did a service to HI and the cantina. The cantina is generally known as a place where the good guys hang out. Sometimes i think others tend to forget that good guys can be aggressive too. Not mean. Not underhanded. Not boldface liers, but call foul where foul is. WE know the truth. THEY know the truth, but the average n00b to the forum might not.
For what it is worth, i was very proud to know you those days you posted in the FMA forum. Spot on and intelligent conversations.

Jake

This is all about advertisement.

Fred goes to Nepal and brings back a clock. "I'm Fred Industries, and mine is better than yours," He says to the Number One. Now Fred exists. People can ask questions about Fred's clock, how hard it is, authentic, long, short, fat or heavy. You get people talking about it.

And if Fred says something bad about the other guy's clocks, that really gets them talking. Did you hear the news?" People will say, "Fred said Number One is poor and his clock is not."

That's called negative advertising. You do that when positive adverstising isn't working.

Bobwhite is fine; it's the clock that isn't keeping the right time. But that's OK, because we knew what time it was all along.

munk

Thanks all. I think it boiled down to this. Simon slapped HI in the face. In his opinion, he did it to wake HI up. He had issues with HI and still does, and some of them where issues we have raised ourselves. His timing sucked, his presentation was offensive and he is unapologetic. That is who he is, he does it everywhere about everything. He is controversial and not a well liked person with a lot of people here and in the Martial Arts community. He is also a catalyst for change. If him doing what he did, the way he did it, caused change, then he accomplished his goal. That is how he gets things done. HI products are probably going to be better than ever thanks to this incident. He understands that and thinks it a good thing. He has on his own forum said as much and that he thinks there is room for his company and HI as they are aimed at different things, maybe I helped him understand that better, I don't know. I don't think you'll get an apology out of him, so don't expect it. He still has issues with HI and their designs and names for them. He is a purist and thinks HI is off the mark about some things. His definitions for things are not the same as ours and he doesn't make that clear very well. I don't think we've heard the last of him. I hope he takes what I told him to heart and communicates better in the future, but I doubt it. There are some stand up guys on his forum and it was a lot like here. They love khuks too and I hope I helped clear up some things that got lost in the fighting.

Bobwhite;
It wasn't even a bet that Simon would take the credit for change; it's a given.

There's a little more truth to spare than that. Yangdu is the new boss at HI.

munk

Axe to grind? Crap, am I in the right place? I thought this was the Khukri forum!

<runs chakma along the edge a few more times>

I can't wait to see what happens next. I think change was bound to happen, part of my point to him was that HI is all about change and new things. I think this will speed things up a bit though. But all this really took it out of me. I am probably going to be laying low for a while.

Back