Take your shot here if you need to.

I haven't exactly read all the threads pertaining to this, mostly due to the reason that it's not really worth my time to entertain trolls.

But... could this multi personality person be Simon or one of his toadies? Could this particular multi personality person be BuraFan? (Ahh! it burns my fingers just typing the name).

Is this all a huge connected conspiracy involving BF, Simon, Tora, multiple personalities?

I'm seeing the connection here folks! And ... and yes! perhaps the zombie bears are the masterminds behind all this! OMG! My brain is shorting out!

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

<Runs off howling like a madman>

Gurkha said:
i would also like to comment on an earlier thread dismaying the video footage on his site cutting a watermelon 3 times in just a few seconds when i have not seen any evidence of ANYBODY else with this skill.

Videos coming shortly, once I get my camcorder talking to the computer again. I didn't quite make one of the cuts - there was a thread of tissue connecting the two pieces - but it was a slight misjudgement on my part, and to be fair, I have no training, little knowledge, and was using a piece of junk HI khuk with cho creep and a habaki bolster. ;) I'll get it right next time.

But what do I know about it? I didn't even know what a khukuri was until October of last year. Some folks would say that I still don't know what one is.

I'll probably pick up another watermelon or two and try it again tomorrow to get three clean cuts. It's a bit challenging, but certainly not world class. There are a variety of martial artists on this board and elsewhere who would probably have no trouble with it at all, as they do have skill; I'm forced to make do with enthusiasm.

I'll say for the record that I have no doubt that Simon is skilled with the khukuri; what I'm attempting to prove here is that this isn't the best way to depict that skill.

Satori said:
Videos coming shortly, once I get my camcorder talking to the computer again. I didn't quite make one of the cuts - there was a thread of tissue connecting the two pieces - but it was a slight misjudgement on my part, and to be fair, I have no training, little knowledge, and was using a piece of junk HI khuk with cho creep and a habaki bolster. ;) I'll get it right next time.

But what do I know about it? I didn't even know what a khukuri was until October of last year. Some folks would say that I still don't know what one is.

I'll probably pick up another watermelon or two and try it again tomorrow to get three clean cuts. It's a bit challenging, but certainly not world class. There are a variety of martial artists on this board and elsewhere who would probably have no trouble with it at all, as they do have skill; I'm forced to make do with enthusiasm.

I'll say for the record that I have no doubt that Simon is skilled with the khukuri; what I'm attempting to prove here is that this isn't the best way to depict that skill.
Great post Satori.

Ive never been a fan of the cutting practice equals phenomenal martial artist routine. The last time I checked, combat was done against other people, and not watermelons, tatami, etc... Someone who grows up with big knives, like bolo or khukuri can do some amazing cuts, but still not be much of a combatant. It only really becomes much of an impressive feat for those who touch a big knife or sword only in rare occaisions.

I'll accept that good cutting is good cutting. I've heard of some "experts" who can go through the forms perfectly but can't cut a wet noodle. This, to me, equates to a bruised but victorious opponent.

On the other hand, you've got folks who can cut the daylights out of stationary targets with a dull sword but would lose a fight against an angry housecat.

I'd suspect that true mastery would require skill in both, and more.

Satori said:
I'll accept that good cutting is good cutting. I've heard of some "experts" who can go through the forms perfectly but can't cut a wet noodle. This, to me, equates to a bruised but victorious opponent.

On the other hand, you've got folks who can cut the daylights out of stationary targets with a dull sword but would lose a fight against an angry housecat.

I'd suspect that true mastery would require skill in both, and more.
I suppose its just me. Ive never really felt the challenge in cutting, that some MAs have attached to it. Then again Ive grown up with big blades (bolo), cutting stuff since I was little. I just dont see cutting to be all that challenging vs strategy and timing. Particularly since so many arts that push test cutting focus on that perfect power cut on a stationary target. Everytime Ive stepped in the ring, with the exception of the new guys who are deadly afraid of me, my opponents have never stood open long enough to get that perfect power shot in off the bat. Rather, it is always those harrasing strikes or combos that finally open up the good spots.

Hell, I read the title of this thread and I thought you were buyin'. :( ;) (This is the Cantina, after all.)

Ain't nothing to forgive, brother. We're good.

Brian

Jim, I am sorry you disapprove of my behavior. I knew somebody would object. I just wanted to know who. I don't know if I can ever regain your respect. I don't think I was "playing kissypo or BUDDY BUDDY". I was trying to resolve a conflict and that is part of who I am. If your done with me, that is good to know and I am sorry for it.

He'll probably cool down, Bobwhite. He always talks like that.

It's all from the 'don't enable' drinking, bad behavior, etc; 'don't negotiate with terrorists;" and if they're the ones doing the insulting and slander let them 'understand' us, not the other way around.

But I see your actions as part of the process. The good guys went the extra mile and tried to understand. This theatre was ordained from the moment the first deliberate bait and challenge was set down. It could have had a much better outcome, but that was out of our hands. I think the whole HI forum did Uncle Bill's memory proud.

munk

Yeah, I understand that "don't deal with the enemy" line of thinking, I just don't adhere to it until I know where they are coming from. I will go the extra mile to understand them. If they ambush me then, well I tried my best to make peace, and now I know the layout and terrain better. I feel that happened here. I put it this way to Kis, I didn't know for sure if I was doing the right thing or just pissing in the wind. Now I do, it was both. I went the extra mile and now I have no doubts where everyone stands. It is important for me to know where people stand and were I stand in relation to them, that was the purpose of this thread. I knew and stated that there could be backlash, I will deal with it.

Bobwhite,
One thing is for sure, once everything has been tried for communication and fairness, it's still be sad things did not work out more positively, but we can sleep at night. I could say that with a lot more teeth but that will do.

munk

Bob?

You've apologized several times already for attempting to restore the peace between two parties. An apology wasn't warranted in the first place. Things didn't work out, despite your best efforts. They might've turned out even worse if you hadn't helped. Stop apologizing. There are people involved (myself included) who have legitimate reasons to apologize.

"Don't deal with the enemy?" What enemy? Dealing how? Ridiculous. Stop beating yourself up.

Most everyone thinks you did right. The ones that don't will forgive you in time. Regardless, it's water under the bridge.

Satori said:
Bob?

You've apologized several times already for attempting to restore the peace between two parties. An apology wasn't warranted in the first place. Things didn't work out, despite your best efforts. They might've turned out even worse if you hadn't helped. Stop apologizing. There are people involved (myself included) who have legitimate reasons to apologize.

"Don't deal with the enemy?" What enemy? Dealing how? Ridiculous. Stop beating yourself up.

Most everyone thinks you did right. The ones that don't will forgive you in time. Regardless, it's water under the bridge.

Send money. ;) :)

Bruise, sounds like he wants a DISPENSATION!! :eek:

(Not, that is, that one is required, but Bruise needs funds.)

BruiseLeee said:
Send money. ;) :)

Sudden Warren Zevon moment: "Send lawyers, guns and money."

Give me a few days to shake down the kids next door for some lunch money and a Paypal will be on the way.

It's done, you guys are right. Thanks for your support. I tend to take things too seriously maybe. I gave the benefit of the doubt until all doubt was removed.

Bobwhite said:
Yeah, I understand that "don't deal with the enemy" line of thinking, I just don't adhere to it until I know where they are coming from. .
Dealing effectively with the enemy is possible when your enemy is rational, ethical (not necessarily moral), and simply sees things differently than you. Drooling, giggling, and two way conversations with himself are not positive signs when considering your enemy. Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own canoe. ;)

Back