Take your shot here if you need to.

I have this HI WWII model I can offer you. An 18"er with a big round nose, a habaki bolster and lots of cho creep. The handle is straight and the spine too thick, but is works like a mule and I'd be sorry to lose it. But it might make up for your family.

munk said:
This is all about advertisement.

Fred goes to Nepal and brings back a clock. "I'm Fred Industries, and mine is better than yours," He says to the Number One. Now Fred exists. People can ask questions about Fred's clock, how hard it is, authentic, long, short, fat or heavy. You get people talking about it.

And if Fred says something bad about the other guy's clocks, that really gets them talking. Did you hear the news?" People will say, "Fred said Number One is poor and his clock is not."

That's called negative advertising. You do that when positive adverstising isn't working.

Bobwhite is fine; it's the clock that isn't keeping the right time. But that's OK, because we knew what time it was all along.

munk

Can I get that with non-habaki bolsters and no cho creep? :D

Sann; You sure can!

Bobwhite: "I think change was bound to happen, part of my point to him was that HI is all about change and new things."

Absolutely correct.

munk

Bob, I'm betting that you got some red chiclets that prompted your mail, because other than that I can't see a thing wrong with how you handled it. Anytime you need to call for open criticism though, you know the cowards responsible will immediately vanish.

I try to take what Nasty told me in a similar situation to heart, and just ignore the unsigned chicken#$%^ feedback.

I didn't think much about it, but Munk is right. It is negative advertising and the unfortunate thing is it probably worked for him. But, at least we know where he's coming from now, and if nothing else comes out of it, as was also mentioned the HI kami's will undoubtedly be trying harder than ever to do their best.

Regards,

Norm

There was no knock down, drag out brawl there. I was polite, I was respectful, I only gave my point of view. If the conversation there had happened here, things might have been different. I hope they are in the future. I would like future dealings with Tora guys to be constructive, what went on it that FMA thread was destructive. We will see.

Yahmanin said:
"Bruise was lat seen hot on the trail of a one-armed man..."

Or, like the spoof of that with Leslie Nielsen, hot on the trail of the one-armed, one-legged, one-eyed man! Probably an ex-Cantina guy who was a bit too careless with his khuks. ;)

Not exactly sure how this reputation thing works out, but I guess I gotta spread some around before I can give you any more. Talking to a Nepali friend about what are the requirements of a real khukuri, he said the number one and only/most important requirement is that it cuts. Whether it has a pointy tip, cho creep, etc... is irrellevant but rather if it is a real khukuri and not just for display it should cut. I think that is something we who buy khukuris from HI appreciate, and is something that was lost on the FMA thread. Bob, you did a great job defending HI, and with a more level head than I could ever do. If I hadnt already given you positive rep, I would be giving you some more right now. :D

Bobwhite,,
I recently started visiting the Tora forum to see what they are about. I have read all of your posts and think you did a great job of getting the HI concept across. I was very proud of your diplomatic work.
Good on you bro!!
You have a far better way with words than I do and get to the point without causing hurt feelings or misunderstanding.
No worries, you did great. :)

If I meet the zombie bear on THIS thread, I will be ready!

I found out the Swiss once made a rifle in .41 caliber...

Bobwhite, I haven't read any of that stuff, but thanks!

Tom

...and it was a .41 used to shoot Lincoln. (though it didn't actually measure a true .41)

munk

I'm confused since I just viewed the thread. One bent or something? I guess you can't view the pics unless you are signed up?

As Simon mentioned I had one from him that was soft.

I have had a few HI's that were a little soft also and one that a 1/2" section of the blade about 1/16" fell out of.

I think that that is the problem with khukuris in general. Being a handmade thing from a Third World country some are gonna not be up to spec.

If you get one that is really nice keep it. If you get one you really don't like send it back. It is much less expensive for me to send one back here in the US than to the UK.

The one Tora I had was too light. Several of the HI ones I have are too heavy. A few of the khukuris I have are just right. Sorry I'm ripping off Goldielocks.

BruiseLeee said:
What about my family... my farm... my lost youth? :( *snif*

Remarry and have more kids. :eek:

Buy a new farm. :)

Enter a lot of posts with "xxx" rocks. :cool:

Feel better? :D

I brought it up at the last Conclave of Thugs and Furigans, and it was unanimously agreed that Bobwhite is an upstanding fellow. Not sure how much value to place on the opinion of thugs and furigans, but there it is.

Josh Feltman said:
I brought it up at the last Conclave of Thugs and Furigans, and it was unanimously agreed that Bobwhite is an upstanding fellow. Not sure how much value to place on the opinion of thugs and furigans, but there it is.

See....now *this* is truely frightening.

Bobwhite said:
There was no knock down, drag out brawl there. I was polite, I was respectful, I only gave my point of view. If the conversation there had happened here, things might have been different. I hope they are in the future. I would like future dealings with Tora guys to be constructive, what went on it that FMA thread was destructive. We will see.

No axe to grind, no knife to sharpen either, for that matter.

IMO you conducted yourself with dignity and respect, maintained your bearing and demeanor, and spoke your peace.

Semper Fi,

Noah

And the small winged creatures of the air fly about your shoulders as if drawn to some Light not seen by ordinary men.

munk

Back