Tanto PM2!!

I wish someone would post a link to where this has explicitly been stated or written. Not saying it's not true but I'd like confirmation.
If it is an exclusive I wonder if the run would be larger than normal.
Someone posted on Spyderco's forums that making a new blade shape as an exclusive is not completely without precedent. The Kahr Arms Delica was a distributor exclusive with a unique blade shape. The Wolfspyder was a collaboration with Ray Mears and is only sold by him or Spyderco directly.
From what I read on the spydie forums, basically it was someone from blade hq saying it's an exclusive in an interview. That's what everyone is basing that off of.

I wish someone would post a link to where this has explicitly been stated or written. Not saying it's not true but I'd like confirmation.
If it is an exclusive I wonder if the run would be larger than normal.
Someone posted on Spyderco's forums that making a new blade shape as an exclusive is not completely without precedent. The Kahr Arms Delica was a distributor exclusive with a unique blade shape. The Wolfspyder was a collaboration with Ray Mears and is only sold by him or Spyderco directly.

It’s on bladehq’s IG story. Too bad the story posts didn’t last more than 24hr. I was also hoping it’s just a rumor and not true.
The exclusive bs is becoming tiring, and I can’t believe Spyderco would make what could be a standard a model an exclusive.
Let’s just hope Spyderco will come out and clarify.

W
It’s on bladehq’s IG story. Too bad the story posts didn’t last more than 24hr. I was also hoping it’s just a rumor and not true.
The exclusive bs is becoming tiring, and I can’t believe Spyderco would make what could be a standard a model an exclusive.
Let’s just hope Spyderco will come out and clarify.
Worst part is I've been waiting for this knife for a year and people will snatch them all up simply because it's an exclusive. I fear I won't be able to get my hands on one.

I really hope that a scenario exists where we can see the PM2 Tanto in a steel like REX-45, M4, 4V, Cru-wear, Z-Wear or something else that's exceedingly tough.
I have been thinking the same thing!

Yeah.. And hopefully it isn't.

In the case of a dealer exclusive, generally it would be the dealer who made the sprint run possible in the first place by requesting it be made and possibly even paying in advance for the batch.

So if the PM2 Tanto is in fact a BHQ exclusive, then people should be thanking BHQ for causing the knife to be made in the first place and not getting frustrated over it.

Without the dealer involvement, many of the things that Spyderco makes would never be made on their own.

In the case of a dealer exclusive, generally it would be the dealer who made the sprint run possible in the first place by requesting it be made and possibly even paying in advance for the batch.

So if the PM2 Tanto is in fact a BHQ exclusive, then people should be thanking BHQ for causing the knife to be made in the first place and not getting frustrated over it.

Without the dealer involvement, many of the things that Spyderco makes would never be made on their own.
Well yes, but they don't ship internationally unless you're a youtuber, and I'm not one of those. Hence why I would really prefer it to not be a BHQ exclusive.

Well yes, but they don't ship internationally unless you're a youtuber, and I'm not one of those. Hence why I would really prefer it to not be a BHQ exclusive.

If they dont ship to your country I can see why you'd be pissed.

I went ahead and looked at their international shipping policy... its certainly not clear, seems to be case-by-case, and that you'd need to contact them directly.

There's always the option of the aftermarket as a last resort.

I watched the blade HQ shot show 2020 video and Eric said there were currently in production being made (January 2020). So they have been made or still being made.

so why the silence on this? Eric, Sal........haven’t heard much about this really awesome variation of the PM2. I just got my Emerson PM2 and really like it. I can’t wait for the tanto version.

surely someone knows something.

Reactions: AF
I watched the blade HQ shot show 2020 video and Eric said there were currently in production being made (January 2020). So they have been made or still being made.

so why the silence on this? Eric, Sal........haven’t heard much about this really awesome variation of the PM2. I just got my Emerson PM2 and really like it. I can’t wait for the tanto version.

surely someone knows something.
Yes, someone please spill the beans.

Back