TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

Paul, when will the Lansky thread adapters be available to order, and what will the cost be? Thank you.

I just wanted to update everyone on some new information I got about the K02 and K03 knife sharpener,I ordered a second set of double filet clamps and 2 scissor attachments from George at STATES and that is where I discovered a the problem with the new 20mm fixing unit's that came with mine,since then I also ordered another set of Conical clamps and reinforced spring's because I want to have a second set around because I like to use them a lot and want a back set and this is when George informed me with new information everyone should know.

What has happened is when Tsprof changed the Crossbar design for the new 20mm fixing unit's they also had to use longer nut's is what Tsprof is calling them,the problem is from what I understand all of the clamps George got in his last order to sell as accessories only had the 20mm fixing unit's and the other problem is the 20mm fixing unit's came with nut's for the 10mm fixing unit's witch are shorter then the nut's for the 20mm fixing unit's,I will be posting picture so this will make more sense and also explain it more.

I have contacted Paul by phone and talked to him about this problem and he told me he will be sending out some nut's to George and also another thing to be aware of is George told me when Tsprof has sent replacement fixing unit's they only sending the fixing unit no 4x6mm screws or nut's and if you have been following this thread you know I have just ordered the 20mm Crossbar and I got replacement fixing unit's sent to me and I was not aware of the shorter not mix up problem when I got Paul to send me my new fixing unit's and Crossbar,when I talked to Paul on the phone he said if my for me to figure out how many nut's I would need in total to replace the shorter nut's to the longer nut's and email him that information and he said if my order was nut sent with the longer nut's he would send me the amount I requested,I was told by Sergeytechman in an email my order did not ship with the any nut's and they are sending me out the longer not with in a few days.

Ok I will now explain what the nut exactly is that I'm talking about as I'm sure many of you are thinking there is no nut on the fixing unit,the nut is the part that has the knurled knob on it and the threaded shaft that you screw into the fixing unit to hold the fixing to the crossbar,if you look at the picture on the left there is a scissor attachment with a 20mm fixing unit and nut and on the right side there is a conical clamp with a 10mm fixing and nut beside it.

The problem is the both nut's are the same in length the nut for the 20mm fixing unit should be longer because from what George has told me a customer called him and made aware of this problem and told him that the thread shaft on the nut was not long enough to engage and thread into the fixing unit.How much longer are the new nut I do not know but I will update this thread when I get my new Crossbar and nut',the length of thread shaft on the 10mm nut's is 18mm.

7HK7HXG.jpg

Just to make sure everyone understands you need to make sure if you order a new 20mm Crossbar and fixing unit's if you are planning to upgrade your sharpener you need to count how many fixing unit's you own and then make sure you tell them that's how many new longer nuts you need for the 20mm crossbar and fixing unit's because the 10mm nuts in the picture will not work with the 20mm fixing unit's because the threaded shaft is not long enough.

Also I don't know if you care about getting your button head 4x6 screws of not but from what I seen in one of the picture I took of the scissor attachment they are using 10.9 grade screws if I were you don't re-use the screws that are already in your fixing unit's if you have used Blue locktite,I myself even if I did not use any Locktite would still get extra screws just incase they don't come with any and you and run into problems.

Thank you. I will be upgrading the crossbar and fixing units before long. This is helpful.

Out of curiosity can you use KME chosera stones in the TSPROF system?

What are the wait times when ordering from Russia currently?

I'm not sure on the wait time email paultechman@hotmail.com and you can also try sergeytechman@hotmail.com as well,if it were me I would just get another set of the Chosera stones to mounted on edge pro blanks one of my main reason's for switching from KME to another system was because I was sick of using 4 inch stones and Ron will tell you 2 inch more does not help that much but if you ask me it does and other reason was stones selection and I also could never get jaws for my KME where the rubber stayed glued.

Try talking to Ken Schwartz about getting Chosera stone with edge pro blanks his phone is on the page in the link.But yes if you really want to you can use the KME stones.

https://www.facebook.com/ken.schwartz.984/about?lst=100003248825433:100001212185481:1520114427

I wanted the lansky adapter because I have some lansky stones already, plus I would like to experiment with their half round and triangle stones on some recurved and serrated knives. Lansky stones are cheap too. I probably have $1000 in stones, but those little lansky stones should be easier to work with on small blades. I mostly just want to experiment with them. One more tool for the box.

I just wanted everyone to know that me and Paul from TSprof have worked out are problem and I will continue you be a happy customer of TSprof.

Hi everyone,
I have reason to believe, although I caution you that it is not official, that we will indeed be shipping the back ordered K02 and K03 Wranglerstar kits either the last week of the month or the first week of April. Further good news, we hope to soon start getting a regular, monthly supply of sharpeners instead of batches every few months. If this works out, expect even more sharpeners to arrive around the end of April. :)

Please stay tuned.
George

P.S. The batch of sharpeners coming the end of this month have, now, all been pre-ordered. Sorry.

Question: Any way to get a TSPROF quickly (within 4 weeks) here in the USA? Doesn't matter to me if I order direct or internationally, ebay, whatever. Seems like STATES is the active US retailer here but he's always working on keeping them in stock. Meaning pre-orders, back-orders, and months of waiting.

I actually have no idea, but suspect that ordering via STATES would probably be quicker than other means. I am thinking from all that I have read that production on this is not very high, ie rather limited availability. If I were the maker I think I would support a dealer that ordered in larger quantities than an individual that wanted to order direct. Just my 2cents worth.

finding a unit for sale used from an individual is probably your only hope. They are worth the wait, but I understand some may need it quicker for gifts or for work. Best of luck to you.

Wade, I got my order from Russia today for the convex "lens kit", and the new milled clamps. You should get yours soon. I like the clamps a lot, so I will be upgrading my cross bar and fixing units for sure. It will be worth the hassle.

Thanks guys. i'll open up an order with STATES probably. Very reputable based on what I hear on the board and better than going direct. Even tech studio might prefer sales via a distributor.

Yes deal with STATES George does not charge you until your unit comes in and is ready to ship.

Thanks guys. i'll open up an order with STATES probably. Very reputable based on what I hear on the board and better than going direct. Even tech studio might prefer sales via a distributor.

I got mine about a week ago and I have not had a chance to use it yet,I have had some stuff going on with a friend and dealing a lot with him and running around a lot for him.
I have Japanese Chef knives and with the Tsprof you can not get below 11 degrees and still have adjustment for different stone thickness's I was racking my brain trying to figure out how I could get a lower angle with the Tsprof and that's why I got the table attachment so I could use it by putting something on top of the table to raise the up but then when I seen the lens adapter I got an idea.

My idea is to clone one of the lens and make it straight rather then putting a curve in the part like I want made,what I'm talking about is making a drop down attachment so the stone holder will be lower witch in turn means I will have more room for adjustment,the problem with the lifting unit on the Tsprof is that dropped all the way down I still think your above 10 degree's or somewhere there about like I was saying then you can't sharpen a Japanese chef knife,I know what your thinking but you can sharpen a pocket knife at 6 or 7 degree's if you want to with the Tsprof but keep in mind the that the farther out you go the more it affect's the angle for sharpening any knife the more distance from the spine to the edge is what's screwing me up.

Wade, I got my order from Russia today for the convex "lens kit", and the new milled clamps. You should get yours soon. I like the clamps a lot, so I will be upgrading my cross bar and fixing units for sure. It will be worth the hassle.

Also keep in mind when you sharpen with the Len's Kit you have to compensate for the extra height added by the whatever Lens you use,for example let's say your going to sharpen a Spyderco knife that you have always done at the factory 15 degree's per side and you use the 4.3 degree Len's then you need to subtract the 4.3 degree's from the 15 degree's witch means you need to set your angle at 10.7 degree's to have a an edge that is a 15 degree that is convexed.

Back