That Endura

It seems big now, but I think you will find it will shrink a good bit after you carry that slim wonder for a while.
It's probably like everything thing else, in that you get used to it. I think the Native is definitely going to be returned. As much as I absolutely love the looks closed, its just OK to me otherwise.

Today, as it's been since I got it, I have my Delica with me. I guess I really should give the Endura a fare shake and EDC it for a couple days and get a better opinion.

I usually only return knives when something is wrong with them. Are you taking an EDC test drive and then returning it? What company allows this? After Jeff at CS explained to me that they don't resell returned knives, I don't want them to get penalized because of my fickleness

Last edited:
I hadn't EDC'ed any of these knives, if you must know. I took them out of the boxes, looked at them, opened/closed them several times, fondled them a bit and decided they weren't for me. I then wiped off my finger prints and packaged them for return.

Any other concerns you may have that I can help you with?

Nascar,

Try it out. If not, these are glad to add a family member ( jk ;) ):
22903428322_8661b17627_b.jpg

22890858506_c438ee7a3e_b.jpg

I'm new to Spyderco, Manix2 LW was my first, a great knife, Delica 4 was my second, she goes in the bottom of my pocket and the one I just got is the Endura, she replaced my Manix, I just like the design better. So I carry two EDC knives, Delica and Endura.
Thinking of a PM2 next but after reading these posts maybe a se endure or Pac salt. So many tough decisions.

My Endura is OK after I took it apart an polished every contact point in the knife and softened the spyderhole. It wasn't a nice knife OOTB.

Chris- Your Endura would have broken in nicely all by it's self.
And, the Spyder hole is a little bitey on purpose.
rolf

Chris- Your Endura would have broken in nicely all by it's self.
And, the Spyder hole is a little bitey on purpose.
rolf

I waited a year..how much longer should I wait?

I just took the sharp edges off the hole but it could be bigger

The Endura is one my favorite knife styles of all time. I've owned numerous colors in various steels over the years from the clipit models all the way to the HAP40 sprint run. I have a foliage g10 one coming in today and can't wait!

My only complaint with the Endura and also the Delica is the lanyard hole is to small, can't fit 550 paracord into it.

Love the Endura, back then I sent it to Tom Krein for a ffg, after that I loved it, also love the thinness of the handle. It's my off work knife. I wish the back spacers on the FRN handles would be stainless. Years ago I had two oringal
Enduras , sold one , gave the other away. After I repointed the blade from Surfgringo website. Enduras ffg is a simple design, hope it stays that way, but a pointy blade. Gary

I did reshape the blade on the Delica, before I did the Endura. Thanks to Surfgringo. Gary

What I'm getting at is I find the Endura ffg an excellent edc folder with a lockback & hole opening. I use it on my off work knife, it serves me well. I would consider a working folder if needed. Again I love the ffg ground. I think who never tried it should give it a shot. Gary

Back