The "Ask Jo (NinJO) Thread"

Nope, my maiden name is Keech. When my sister was born she was a tan chubby baby and my dad called her Bear and it stuck. To this day when her husband calls her Jeannie, it's weird for me. My kids even call her aunt Bear. 😂

Always interested in surnames, I found this:

Noun. keech (plural keeches) (obsolete) A mass or lump of fat rolled up by the butcher.

Your parents were obviously both literate and possessed of a sense of humor. ☺️

(Please tell "Bear" I mean no offense. Last thing I need today is a visit from the "Bad News Bears". 😂)

Hi Jo, IIRC read somewhere that the CPK-Basic 5" knife will debut for sale on BF.com on Friday 8/27. Considering ordering multiples to pass a couple as gifts to family. Would it be best to wait for them to become available on your own site since planning on multiples so to not bottleneck the sales thread on BF.com? Thanks.

Hi Jo, IIRC read somewhere that the CPK-Basic 5" knife will debut for sale on BF.com on Friday 8/27. Considering ordering multiples to pass a couple as gifts to family. Would it be best to wait for them to become available on your own site since planning on multiples so to not bottleneck the sales thread on BF.com? Thanks.
I'll have to think about that.

One per post when they are on the forum. Thanks!

Morning, Jo. This is a question for you as a user:

I really like CPM M4. One of the reasons being that it doesn't corrode for me, kind of the lowest Cr content I like go to. Have a Spyderco GB2 on my desk here, use it every day, beside sharpening no maintenance, and it's as clean as it ever was.

In one of Nathan's videos, he mentions that your competition blades use V4E. I have one 4V Spyderco and for me, in the yard etc., there is no difference to my Spyderco M4 knives in use.

How do you compare M4 with 4V/V4E in real use ?

Morning, Jo. This is a question for you as a user:

I really like CPM M4. One of the reasons being that it doesn't corrode for me, kind of the lowest Cr content I like go to. Have a Spyderco GB2 on my desk here, use it every day, beside sharpening no maintenance, and it's as clean as it ever was.

In one of Nathan's videos, he mentions that your competition blades use V4E. I have one 4V Spyderco and for me, in the yard etc., there is no difference to my Spyderco M4 knives in use.

How do you compare M4 with 4V/V4E in real use ?
I have only ever had the one M4 knife. It had been previously raced with and didn't exactly fit me very well, so I don't know that I can really judge it. My racer with V4E was designed for me, brand new and insanely sharp.

Back