The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Nathan, is the Mark Folder capable of slaying a mountain lion in a pinch if my arm is attached to one end of it? Serious question!

ETA: mountain lions are my nightmare scenario. As a younger guy, I've had my own fair share of bad experiences with cougars :D

Nathan, is the Mark Folder capable of slaying a mountain lion in a pinch if my arm is attached to one end of it? Serious question!

ETA: mountain lions are my nightmare scenario. As a younger guy, I've had my own fair share of bad experiences with cougars :D

It depends on who's wielding it. Attached to your arm? No, probably not.

:D

Cougars scare the hellouttame. Mountain lions, not so much.

I have a 6 inch vegetable knife, that I bought about several years ago. I believe it is also referred to as the Potato knife. My question is can I send it in for ReSharpening?
It's such a great knife that I don't trust just anyone to sharpen it.

Sure. Package it so it can't poke through the box, even if handled extremely roughly. Touch base with Jo first and include $13 for return shipping.

Chuck Mangione, "Feels so good"?

Is that a soul song? I was a little kid in the 70s. My dad had this fantastic Marantz receiver and Klipschorns and that album on vinyl and I'd listen to that. I have some nostalgia for that.

She's not from the 70's, but the voice of Sarah Vaughan is so nuanced and other worldly. You don't hear something like that much today.

What is your favorite Soul song?
See, Sarah Vaughn singing "'S Wonderful" on Sirius XM 71 right now. What a voice! I think I skew their demo down 10 years all by myself. :D

Bondhus is good quality made in the USA stuff. No fancy packaging, finishes, etc. Just good ol workhorse tools. They make mostly L-keys though, and I do have a bunch. I just covet and have a bunch of the fancy German, Swiss, and Japanese tools as well. I use mostly bits and various bit drivers, and Bondhus doesn't make bits where the others I mentioned do. Wera also has Hex Plus, which grabs the fastener better than standard Hex bits and reduce damage to the fastener. I don't have SAE Hex Plus bits. I'll be ordering some now to add to my arsenal!

As for USA above Swiss, I think it is the perception of the USA from an outsider. Like I said, as an American I tend to covet stuff like PB Swiss, and the German and Japanese brands. There are some good USA tools, but I think the German brands are more innovative and PB Swiss stuff is top notch. People in other countries covet Levis where I think most Americans looks at Levis as basic everyday jeans and nothing special.

Bondhus is good quality made in the USA stuff. No fancy packaging, finishes, etc. Just good ol workhorse tools. They make mostly L-keys though, and I do have a bunch. I just covet and have a bunch of the fancy German, Swiss, and Japanese tools as well. I use mostly bits and various bit drivers, and Bondhus doesn't make bits where the others I mentioned do. Wera also has Hex Plus, which grabs the fastener better than standard Hex bits and reduce damage to the fastener. I don't have SAE Hex Plus bits. I'll be ordering some now to add to my arsenal!

As for USA above Swiss, I think it is the perception of the USA from an outsider. Like I said, as an American I tend to covet stuff like PB Swiss, and the German and Japanese brands. There are some good USA tools, but I think the German brands are more innovative and PB Swiss stuff is top notch. People in other countries covet Levis where I think most Americans looks at Levis as basic everyday jeans and nothing special.

I have both SAE and Metric tools so it doesn't matter to me either way. I also prefer Diamond Gusset jeans over Levi's any day of the week.

Nathan, see Josh from REK's response to my question about DLC coating an FK2. Thoughts? Has anyone here DLC coated one of your knives?

"Yeah, I'm taking orders for a batch now... You would need to check with Nathan to make sure the temper would be fine, my DLC is applied at 500F."

Back