The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Nathan, did I read it correctly that your planned BC preorder is scheduled for 12/28 which happens to be on a Thursday as opposed to Friday 12/29 following your planned EDC-2 sale, which was how preorders were usually scheduled in the past?

I don't math good.

Sales and preorders fall on Fridays.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. While I don't quite have 'able to sand wood' grade calluses, I won't be winning any skin lotion endorsements anytime soon.

I think I'll try out the Terotuf for the BC (and maybe get a spare set of micarta to see which works best for me).

Despite doing a fair amount of rougher work, I actually keep my hands pretty soft (considering), and I have never had any trouble using the LC without gloves in Terotuf. If anything, I find it best to use without gloves.

This was kind of a problem for me at first since I always wear gloves while clearing brush, and my typical work gloves weren't great for using the LC, and it wasted time to take the gloves off to chop. I resolved it by getting a pair of fancier more modern work gloves, and the closer fit makes a great pairing with the LC.

All this is to say, in my experience, the Terotuf is optimal on the chopper (though I would opt for micarta on smaller knives like the HDFK), and you really don't need to worry about gloves with the knife. The handle is designed well to not tear up your hand during use.

Thanks again to everyone, for all the replies and information. Really looking forward to my first CPK (and trying out TeroTuf).

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist

Hi Nate, can you share more about the sheath options for the 12” Behemoth Chopper pre-order pls?

1) Does it have a no sheath option?
2) Have you decided who will you be working with for the sheath?
3) Is it possible to add slots on the sheath like the below to help secure the sheath better? I find them useful on a long sheath.

25445499658_79cf30bde7_h_d.jpg

Thanks!

Don

donscpoo donscpoo I was just wondering the same, also about handle options and price.

I can not fathom for the actual BC price to be any lower than those 15-20 prototypes because IMHO, those proto-BCs at $525 - $550 depending on whether Micarta scales or TeroTuf must have all been an operating lo$$ for CPK to set up the stage for the feasibility of a production model BC.

If you meant the pricing for goodies such as edgecut antique micarta scales plus a top notch kydex sheath, I'd say at least an added $50 bump to those base prices for the fancy scales and at the very least $100 for the kydex which would most likely cost $125-$150 if commissioned individually by the ender user on a knife of that size!

Back