• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad THE BAD Will Moon

Many over there are just kids playing collector. A small percentage of them actually care about the industry. I mod the knife_swap to keep it clean and do not visit the knife subs anymore.
Thanks for the confirmation. Those kids will have to figure out the hard way what we all know here at BF about Will Moon.

Seems like he copied and pasted all the BS excuses he used here.
Those guys are eating his 'honesty' right up.......so sad how those big meanies at BF banned him before he could defend himself........think he wound up with around 15 different accounts......poor guy.
They are setting themselves up for a very expensive lesson.
:thumbsdown:

Thanks for the confirmation. Those kids will have to figure out the hard way what we all know here at BF about Will Moon.

Interestingly, one of the posters there, Reddit, posts here or used too-Ttran778. If that doesn't ring a bell, he posted about a problem transaction he supposedly had with Symphonyincminor over a phone-after two days. Having "talked" to him twice, once here , once elsewhere, well...guy was kind of a dill hole. $.02
Neal
Ps-hope that's not too offensive. Please remove if so. Thanks.

Most of the people at reddit.com/r/knifeclub are either ignorant of Will Moon's history or happy to ignore the little they may have read about it in passing. The few who have brought it up over there have been similarly ignored or chastised for digging up "old rumors" or "ancient history." And Moon himself is always there to respond with walls of text and ready-made excuses.

He's made himself quite a comfortable niche over there in short order, and I find it extremely offputting.

Most of the people at reddit.com/r/knifeclub are either ignorant of Will Moon's history or happy to ignore the little they may have read about it in passing. The few who have brought it up over there have been similarly ignored or chastised for digging up "old rumors" or "ancient history." And Moon himself is always there to respond with walls of text and ready-made excuses.

He's made himself quite a comfortable niche over there in short order, and I find it extremely offputting.

He'll do what he's always done before long, it's pathological, he can't stop himself.

You know what's also funny Bran??? How it's the fault of those big bad meanies on Blade Forums. They are spreading 'rumors' about the poor guy.
Rumors??? Don't think so. Seems like people just posting their experiences dealing with Moon.
Experiences and rumors were 2 very different things when I went to school.
Give the guy a chance??? No. Not when it comes to more than $900 to give that guy a chance after he screwed over a lot of people.
They'll wind up in the GBU along with us after they give the guy a chance.
Joe

Sorry guys, I've been busy focusing on builds, I've yet to be late on one deadline....

Anyways thanks for the Reddit link, I made an account and set it straight with will's lies. This guy never learns and is a hibitual liar.

You don't let guys like his off the hook

Hey Will, I know you made another account on here and reading this.

I'm lucky you don't sue me for defamation? Still trying to intimidate people with your legal bs. You don't even know what the word defamation means. Keep it up I'll show you how to sue someone for defamation, my attorneys are free.

How many knife shows can you go to? How many knifemakers accept you? How much are your knives worth? Your books are open? Lmao exactly, you proved everyone in the knife community was right about you with your latest posts on Reddit.

Your only luck is that I'm busy and have a life, I don't waste time on posting. But if you would like I'll make it a point to keep responding :)

Speaking individually and not for the entire mod team of /r/knifeclub, this is definitely something that I've got an eye on, being both a moderator there and a poster here. Our community (/r/knifeclub) was founded as a response to serious and capricious overmoderation in reddit's other knife community. People were banned by a single moderator in /r/knives with no reason and no appeal, and from the refugees, /r/knifeclub was born. So, I think there's a fair amount of reluctance to ban somebody, even trolls and bad actors, when there's not a clear reason to do so.

For all of his history, aside from a personal attack which was in violation of a lesser-known Reddit rule, for which he was warned, he's yet to reach that threshold during his time on knifeclub. But I'd like to just highlight that we're aware, we're not "eating it up", we're we're keeping an eye on him, and if he steps at all out of line, or returns to old habits, he's gone.

Put differently, although I hope he'll be a productive member of the community, and that his song-and-dance routine represents genuine personal change and growth, we've given him more than enough rope now, we'll see what he chooses to do with it.

Put differently, although I hope he'll be a productive member of the community, and that his song-and-dance routine represents genuine personal change and growth, we've given him more than enough rope now, we'll see what he chooses to do with it.

It seems that while you're trying to give the guy a chance to straighten up, you're only looking at his reddit activity when deciding how much rope to give him. It would seem that other communities have already given him more than enough rope and witness his repeated hanging of himself with it. I'm legit trying to be helpful in saying you should look at all the other examples given here, and see the pattern repeating.

It seems that while you're trying to give the guy a chance to straighten up, you're only looking at his reddit activity when deciding how much rope to give him. It would seem that other communities have already given him more than enough rope and witness his repeated hanging of himself with it. I'm legit trying to be helpful in saying you should look at all the other examples given here, and see the pattern repeating.

Could be. But this history is why he's being looked at this closely, and why I wouldn't even contemplate featuring him or his work on my channel. But like I said, given the history of the sub, I hope you can understand why the moderation team might take a more conservative, "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" approach to moderation in general. And at the end of the day, caveat emptor.

A lot of respect man. Only issue I have is with people giving guys like this more and more opportunity. I don't want anyone else getting caught up with this guy.

Often, too many people just walk away when things go bad. I have him a chance and he straight up lied on your post. Anyone that has done business or knows me know I always tell it straight.

I give Nick credit for approaching this the way he has.......but Nick, be careful.
Mike, Pittknife, was personally involved with a Moon 'adventure'.
There is some interesting reading material in this sub in regards to Moon's exploits.
Mike is a straight shooter and a well respected member here......listen to him!!
Hope he doesn't disappoint you guys over there.
Joe

A lot of respect man. Only issue I have is with people giving guys like this more and more opportunity. I don't want anyone else getting caught up with this guy.

Often, too many people just walk away when things go bad. I have him a chance and he straight up lied on your post. Anyone that has done business or knows me know I always tell it straight.

Speaking individually and not for the entire mod team of /r/knifeclub, this is definitely something that I've got an eye on, being both a moderator there and a poster here. Our community (/r/knifeclub) was founded as a response to serious and capricious overmoderation in reddit's other knife community. People were banned by a single moderator in /r/knives with no reason and no appeal, and from the refugees, /r/knifeclub was born. So, I think there's a fair amount of reluctance to ban somebody, even trolls and bad actors, when there's not a clear reason to do so.

For all of his history, aside from a personal attack which was in violation of a lesser-known Reddit rule, for which he was warned, he's yet to reach that threshold during his time on knifeclub. But I'd like to just highlight that we're aware, we're not "eating it up", we're we're keeping an eye on him, and if he steps at all out of line, or returns to old habits, he's gone.

The "clear reason" is the obvious one, they're bad actors and trolls.

Reactions: Mo2
I enjoy watching Nick but whoever buys in to this "second chance", "let's see" bull snot deserves what they get. Not condemning a very well known and documented thief says volumes about a community. Bfc has banned this guy multiple times.

Last edited:
But like I said, given the history of the sub, I hope you can understand why the moderation team might take a more conservative, "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" approach to moderation in general.

No. Not a speck of understanding. Not a clue. He's clearly guilty yet you want a pardon before he's either confessed OR done his "time." AFTER he makes good is the earliest point in time to consider a pardon. Until then, you are an enabler - at best.

No. Not a speck of understanding. Not a clue. He's clearly guilty yet you want a pardon before he's either confessed OR done his "time." AFTER he makes good is the earliest point in time to consider a pardon. Until then, you are an enabler - at best.

^ Truth!

I can remember back about a year after I first joined BF's. I stumbled upon the GBU & there was a "Bad/Ugly thread posted about, you guessed it, Will Moon.

I reached out to RevDevil and sent him an inquiry. I can't remember verbatim RD's reply, but I'm pretty certain, that Mr. Moon has to be on BF's/RD's top 10 all time scammer list. I also remember that in that thread, Will Moon created 2 or 3 new BF accounts, so that he could continue to try and plead his case.

His cavalier attitude has obviously pissed off a lot of people along the way. You name the excuse, this guy has used it. So he's either has to re-invent himself, or in this case, find alternate social media sites; one's that he can either control (delete member's posting the truth about his past), or attempt to get a fresh start with new unsuspecting knife people.

Nick's jury analogy: :thumbsdown: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You know what's also funny Bran??? How it's the fault of those big bad meanies on Blade Forums. They are spreading 'rumors' about the poor guy.
Rumors??? Don't think so. Seems like people just posting their experiences dealing with Moon.
Experiences and rumors were 2 very different things when I went to school.
Give the guy a chance??? No. Not when it comes to more than $900 to give that guy a chance after he screwed over a lot of people.
They'll wind up in the GBU along with us after they give the guy a chance.
Joe
they have formed a personal attachment to the design. you can show them all the proof in the world, it wont change until they get burned. people are like that. its what it is.

AND reddit knife related sections are cancer. say no to clones.

Can't believe this incest is still an issue.

The guy is malignant, man.

I remember him on Benchmade's sponsored forum years ago. Just a "modder" back than (butcher, really) ..small, pretty tight community..screwing members over...same line of bullshit..multiple accounts...same MO.

@Nick S. I do understand your diplomatic approach and trying to take the moral high road..but, You are dealing w/ someone who has neither morals nor diplomacy..He is habitual...and his actions have been gross and heinous, consistently...Thought out the years, though out the boards..thought out the multiple and continued accounts..

It's not a matter of "if" it's a matter of when and whom.

How many people does this dog need to bite before he gets put down..

Back