The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

I liked some knives on rusblade.com but just wasn't brave enough to go there. It was kind of unnerving to see the Chinese imitations while searching around on where to buy. I couldn't find much on rusblade here or anywhere else.

I don't mean to go all wannabe mod here--as I'm neither--but the attention of the actual BF mods isn't something I'd care to see encouraged by engaging in sales talk or mentioning non-BF-supporting dealers, which includes all those named in the last few posts. The only company which is a BF supporting dealer for Shiro's is Knifecenter--also only one of two dealers worldwide authorized by Shirogorov Brothers Workshop to sell to North America. There is one authorized dealer in Russia--not the one mentioned in Post #3082 (which also stupidly expensive)--and the Workshop itself, neither of which will sell/ship to addresses here.

For my part, my Shiros mostly came from the Exchange--one from WTB and the rest from WTS--and one in a private deal with a member here. Vladimir_K is a BF supporting private dealer/Russian re-seller who occasionally has listings on the Exchange. Three of my knives were sourced through Vlad. You can find his email address with a search here, and write to him with what you're looking for.

Are there any Shirogorov catalogues available online?
I don't believe there's a catalogue, per se, but one can access the Workshop's website at shirogorov dot com and read it rather well with the help of Google Translate. The website of Shiro's authorized, but non-BF-supporting California dealer gives a pretty good overview of knives both available and sold-out.

So I tried hard* to convince myself that I didn’t need another NeOn-sized Shiro but, well, y’all know how that goes...:D

yjgJvtZ.jpg

*Not really:p

Well that didn't last long. New one should be here friday or saturday. Will post pics on arrival. Not the one I was looking at but there's always tomorrow!

Reactions: JAB
Back