The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

Tied my first lanyard ever. Thanks Chazzy for the tips. I need to learn how to clean up the ends.
View attachment 1409719

Nice!

When you trim the ends, pull the jacket down to expose about 1/4" of the core. Cut the for short, and slide the jacket back up. Be careful not to unravel the braid of the jacket. Then when you melt it down the core is still encased.

What about the F-3 Shiro liner lock? They say the handle is thicker on this knife, which I think would be good. I am sure their liner locks would be top notch like their frame locks?
They are. My F3R is my favorite knife (or is it the Sigma?) and features a nice thick liner with contoured carbon fiber scales on top. It's essentially a frame lock with a comfortable covering whereas on lesser liner locks it seems both the liner and the scales are comprised halves resulting in a compromised whole.

Nice!

When you trim the ends, pull the jacket down to expose about 1/4" of the core. Cut the for short, and slide the jacket back up. Be careful not to unravel the braid of the jacket. Then when you melt it down the core is still encased.

Thank you Sir for the tips. I will give that a try. Also, this dang Paracord is hard to cut lol.

Oops I did it again.... another on it's way.

SHIROGOROV-F3-NS-–-M390-Blade-–-Carbon-Fiber-Handle-–-MRBS-3.jpg
Sweet. That is one I’ve been really considering.

I haven't bought a knife in a while but that sterile neon from R1 was pretty damn sweet.
Unfortunately or fortunately (depending how you look at it) it was sold out by the time I clicked on the link.
I'd like to see some pics and opinions for those that got one.
Cheers

Has anyone made/found a tool that fits onto the "custom division/collab" scale screws that look like an inverted slotted screw? The exact opposite of a standard slotted screw.
I've done some searching, but as they make their own hardware in-house, I'm not sure where I'm going to find a tool for them!
SCD111KSBLnb.jpg

Anyone figure out a tool for this bad boy yet?

Did a cursory search and couldn’t find an exact answer to this:

are the serial numbers on the blade (near pivot) supposed to match the number on the Ti scales?

What about the F-3 Shiro liner lock? They say the handle is thicker on this knife, which I think would be good. I am sure their liner locks would be top notch like their frame locks?
Thicker handle makes the knife more comfortable, liner lock is as goog as frame. Frankly speaking I even prefer Shiros liner to frame :) Got 2 F3s and F3R so far, one of F3s is used very often as an edc and at work, very reliable blade, nice cutting, Shiros s90v is also doing excellent.

The lock stock thickness of my Plain Jane Elmax F3 is as thick as any or more of the frame locks I own. The thing is a tank.

Its half inch thickness fills my standard Large size glove hand perfectly for less fatigue in hard use.

I can’t say that about my NeOn. Its sole flaw for me is being a bit too thin in the hips to grab. I’m resisting another metaphor.

Last edited:
I’ve idly thought those inserts could be replaced with thicker ones to widen its grip.

Dudes, I’m still looking for an orange g10 hati on washers, preferably s30v but will consider m390/sxxv/elmax. If y’all have one! Might even consider partial trade for my orange alutex r.

Last edited:
Back