The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

I hope a question about a Cheburkov knife is not out of line...

I ordered this a couple of months ago... from overseas... and it finally got here...

it is a brand new Cheburkov Russian Y

and it has a 'dimple' on the clip-side of the blade... I have never seen something like this before...

comments? should I return this? am I being too picky?

cheb.jpg cheb a.jpg cheb b.jpg cheb c.jpg cheb d.jpg cheb e.jpg cheb ea.jpg

^ almost didn't recognize you with your new avatar pic!

That is putrid finish and a cause for return/refund. Sorry man but I gotta tell it like it is!

I hope a question about a Cheburkov knife is not out of line... I ordered this a couple of months ago... from overseas... and it finally got here... it is a brand new Cheburkov Russian Y and it has a 'dimple' on the clip-side of the blade... I have never seen something like this before... comments? should I return this? am I being too picky?
Sorry to see they sent you that one. I think that one’s a definite and immediate return and you're definitely NOT being “too picky.” I recently got a Cheburkov M390 Scout from Lamnia and when I saw your pix above, I got it out and gave it a good close examination. The blade on mine is unflawed and has a nice smooth finish (just like the ones on my Shiros and CRKs). Somebody in the Cheburkov shop didn’t do an adequate QA inspection of that one, because IMO it shouldn’t have been shipped out. Best of luck with getting an acceptable knife or a refund.

yes... on ChazzyP's recommendation I also got a Scout and the blade and overall fit/finish is amazing... this knife is great except for the disconcerting blade finish... I'm glad others see what I see...

Just curious, Gator, is the entire finish pebbly or is it just the lighting that makes it look so?

the front side is smooth-ish... similar to the Scout but not as smooth - the back side of the knife is not smooth... slightly pebbly as you say... with one noticeable dimple and a couple of other lesser dimples... very disappointing...

the front side is smooth-ish... similar to the Scout but not as smooth - the back side of the knife is not smooth... slightly pebbly as you say... with one noticeable dimple and a couple of other lesser dimples... very disappointing...
I think that finish, or lack of finishing would bother me. Even if it was a user, I'd probably send that one back.

They are nice looking knives for sure. Hope they get you all fixed up.

Cute new pup!

I know you were excited for that knife and to wait so patiently only to be disappointed is a bummer. Unfortunately, stuff slips through QC, even from the best makers, but yeah, that one should definitely go back.

My custom Raven ships tomorrow, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, though I expect it'll be just fine. It looks good in the pics Alex sent. :cool:

I wonder if there will be a "zero" version of the F95 as well...
Well there's the various Nudists plus the new Slim. If a "zero" version of the F95 is similar to the new NeOn, then it would have a bigger blade and wouldn't be a 95 anymore. :p

I know you were excited for that knife and to wait so patiently only to be disappointed is a bummer. Unfortunately, stuff slips through QC, even from the best makers, but yeah, that one should definitely go back.

My custom Raven ships tomorrow, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, though I expect it'll be just fine. It looks good in the pics Alex sent. :cool:

I contacted the seller's website... they were quite apologetic and told me to send the knife back for a full refund...

Wish me luck! (fingers crossed...)

Insta-return.

I hope a question about a Cheburkov knife is not out of line...

I ordered this a couple of months ago... from overseas... and it finally got here...

it is a brand new Cheburkov Russian Y

and it has a 'dimple' on the clip-side of the blade... I have never seen something like this before...

comments? should I return this? am I being too picky?

View attachment 1138794 View attachment 1138796 View attachment 1138797 View attachment 1138798 View attachment 1138799 View attachment 1138800 View attachment 1138803

Can anyone recommend someone for a spa treatment on my F95? I am a little spooked to do this without someone showing me in person, thanks!

Back