1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Beer Scout Knife

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Dr. Scott, May 6, 2015.

1. tstaut

tstaut

Jan 6, 2012
    JSutter, TFBraden, Travman and 2 others like this.
  2. tstaut

tstaut

Jan 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

3. tstaut

tstaut

Jan 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

4. tstaut

tstaut

Jan 6, 2012
    ..... and, for good measure...

[​IMG]

5. Spencergarden

Spencergarden

May 28, 2016
    Here's my Beer Scout in its natural habitat - just opened a beer, illuminated by the beautiful glow of the TV, on the couch with a rabbit in the background.

[​IMG]

Jolipapa, JSutter, Kiro and 10 others like this.
  6. Markeologist

Markeologist Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 21, 2018
    My favorite of the SFOs. I don't have one but I would love to add one to my collection...hint hint out there!

Fodderwing and tmd_87 like this.
  7. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    :D

8. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    [​IMG]

JSutter, Jolipapa, TFBraden and 6 others like this.
  9. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    That's some tasty stuff right there! Track 7 is one of my favorites!

Markeologist likes this.
  10. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    upload_2019-4-22_21-24-13.jpeg

11. spyderg

spyderg

Sep 28, 2014
    So it arrived this aftn. 1st impressions, very nice overall. Fit and finish isn’t what you get on a beerscout but nothing stands out as an issue. It has the typical rounded tip, and the sharpened edge is probably the roughest/toothiest factory edge I’ve ever seen. But it cuts fine and appears quite even so it should sharpen up nicely. It would make for a great gift.

thepapercut likes this.
  12. thepapercut

thepapercut

Aug 26, 2017

Good to know. But I actually scored a Crown Lifter on the cheap elsewhere!

Markeologist likes this.
  13. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    I like my Case Mini-Trapper with cap lifter. It doesn’t have the relentless fit and finish or the nicely hardened 1095 of a GEC. But the Case does come in stainless steel, which is a very nice option. I also like having a thinly ground clip blade for some versatility. No bail either. I happen to love bails, but I know that some people don’t feel the same. Case also has that yummy yellow Delrin that they do so incredibly well. For the price, it’s a great knife.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
  15. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Back to Beerscouts?:p
    [​IMG]

16. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    Yes please and thank you!

Ramrodmb and Fodderwing like this.
  17. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018
    My paper scout and newly acquired charred barrel oak:
    [​IMG]

18. Pgg365247

Pgg365247 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Good evening all... I just got my first crown lifter (pics coming soon). I’ve been trying to join your ranks for some time.

I carry all my knives in slips. For those of you that use something to carry your BS/CL, what are you all using?

19. Markeologist

Jul 21, 2018
    I don't use slips so I can't address that...My Beer Scouts and Navy/Rope knives (both have bails) ride in my back pocket attached to a lanyard (not a "fob" like you so often see but on a true lanyard) that is connected to a belt loop. I generally use a front belt loop and if I don't want the lanyard to droop, I run the lanyard through a belt loop on the side and then the knife slips into my back pocket. My lanyard is somewhere around 16 inches long and provides plenty of play to allow me to easily use without having to detach. My traditional knives without bails, like TCs, Radio Jacks, and Crown Lifters go into the watch pocket.

[​IMG]

20. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    Is this a legitimate beer scout knife or a mod? I thought the beer scouts were only in sheep’s foots? Sheep’s feet? Sheepfoots?
    If they were in spear points or even better clip points I found a new, must have.