The Beer Scout Knife

Is this a legitimate beer scout knife or a mod? I thought the beer scouts were only in sheep’s foots? Sheep’s feet? Sheepfoots?
If they were in spear points or even better clip points I found a new, must have.

x70OG2R.jpg

Yep, 100% authentic and completely legitimate. Unfortunately, they only made ten...five in smooth ivory bone (I really want one), three in blood red sawcut bone (beside me, I know Paul has another...who has the third??), and two in tortoise shell acrylic. The blood reds are especially unique as there were no other blood red Beer Scouts of any blade shape...also worth noting that it has a 2014 date on blade.

If you find one, please post!!!

Last edited:
I don't use slips so I can't address that...My Beer Scouts and Navy/Rope knives (both have bails) ride in my back pocket attached to a lanyard (not a "fob" like you so often see but on a true lanyard) that is connected to a belt loop. I generally use a front belt loop and if I don't want the lanyard to droop, I run the lanyard through a belt loop on the side and then the knife slips into my back pocket. My lanyard is somewhere around 16 inches long and provides plenty of play to allow me to easily use without having to detach. My traditional knives without bails, like TCs, Radio Jacks, and Crown Lifters go into the watch pocket.

DOz8Qyi.jpg

I use a similar method to carry my Delrin and Micarta covered knives with bails, but my lanyard is made of paracord. I’ve always been afraid to carry my knives with natural covers in my back pocket, worrying they might crack when sitting down on hard surface.

IFT6Gyjh.jpg

How about a stainless "Beerbelly" customized Case sowbelly. Looks great, works great, and has both a clip and sheepfoot blades.

abdkdJP.jpg

zYAQlA8.jpg

I never get tired of seeing your Beerbelly. The blade and tool compliment are perfection itself. Great looking knife too. I love the fact that it's stainless. No fear of spills. This should become a standard Case offering.

Back