The BK4 Fatwood Harvest!

She is actually in the market for another fixed blade woods knife since she sold her ESEE 6. I told her she could use any one of my multiples of fixies, but she wants one for herself! Lol.

The BK16 is popular around these parts. Too small for my hand, but seem to fit most. The BK10, and BK12 are also nice blades. Haven't had the BK12, but one of these days I'm sure I will.

My wife has her own blades as well. She has her own BK4. She really likes it. She also likes to get in the woods and use her machete I got her last year for Christmas. She loves her BK15, and her BK14 as well. She also likes using her T.M.Hunt Hornet , Breeden necker, Condor Bushcrafter, Mora Companion, and her Zancudo, haha. I think that about covers it. I was thinking about getting her a Leatherman Juice too.

Thanks for sharing.

Do you happen to know what species of pine it was that left that stump behind?

A very rich piece of back country treasure.

Thanks again for posting this thread.

Great post. Looked like a fun time out with the fam. I could almost smell the fatwood from your pics. Thanks for sharing.

It's real yummy smelling!

The BK16 is popular around these parts. Too small for my hand, but seem to fit most. The BK10, and BK12 are also nice blades. Haven't had the BK12, but one of these days I'm sure I will.

My wife has her own blades as well. She has her own BK4. She really likes it. She also likes to get in the woods and use her machete I got her last year for Christmas. She loves her BK15, and her BK14 as well. She also likes using her T.M.Hunt Hornet , Breeden necker, Condor Bushcrafter, Mora Companion, and her Zancudo, haha. I think that about covers it. I was thinking about getting her a Leatherman Juice too.

Your're about the only other person I know that has a wife with just as many blades! I'll show her the bk16, I think she'll like it. I have a feeling we'll be giving some more money to Ethan this year!

Thanks for sharing.

Do you happen to know what species of pine it was that left that stump behind?

A very rich piece of back country treasure.

Thanks again for posting this thread.

Anytime! Unfortunately I don't know what species of pine it is. If you'll notice in the pics, some of these stumps are old and completely covered in moss. Some one else asked me that same question a while back. I do know that this stump tha we tapped into this time isn't the primo super sticky stuff like other stumps we have found in the past. I can say that the best stuff I have ever found, has been the super light yellow pine. Its tacky sticky, oozes resin and smells oh so delicious!

Your're about the only other person I know that has a wife with just as many blades! I'll show her the bk16, I think she'll like it. I have a feeling we'll be giving some more money to Ethan this year!

Tradewater's wife probably has a bunch too. :thumbup:

The BK15 is also a nice blade, although getting harder to find. It's the mini version of the BK5. It's a hell of a nice blade too. My wife loves hers. She mostly uses it for food prep, and it does very well.

Yep, you will. Hard to resist these blades, haha.

Great family photos of a fun day. You can't beat fatwood for fire starting.

Thanks for sharing,

Tradewater's wife probably has a bunch too. :thumbup:

The BK15 is also a nice blade, although getting harder to find. It's the mini version of the BK5. It's a hell of a nice blade too. My wife loves hers. She mostly uses it for food prep, and it does very well.

Yep, you will. Hard to resist these blades, haha.

Yeah I really like that mini bk5. MTM doesn't care for that blade shape though. For the price, we'll be able to try em all out!

Great family photos of a fun day. You can't beat fatwood for fire starting.

Thanks for sharing,

My wife says my fatwood is good!

Yeah I really like that mini bk5. MTM doesn't care for that blade shape though. For the price, we'll be able to try em all out!

I'll bet she'd like the 16.

I need to try and talk NCSlice out of his BK12. Been wanting one, haha. Just what I need, another knife. :D

The 7 has been a long time favorite of mine, but I liked my 10, but was too short. So I acquired a BK12 this year, it's a great size. You need one!!

I'll bet she'd like the 16.

I need to try and talk NCSlice out of his BK12. Been wanting one, haha. Just what I need, another knife. :D

I ended up grabbing mine cause I posted a WTB thread on another forum.

The power is strong.

The 7 has been a long time favorite of mine, but I liked my 10, but was too short. So I acquired a BK12 this year, it's a great size. You need one!!

Never had a 7. Never wanted one, for whatever reason. I've had three 10's, and sold them all. I like it, just didn't see what it could do that the BK2 couldn't, I guess. I do kinda want another, though, as I GIMPed up a cool mod for one. The 12 has been on my radar. They come by here and there, but, I'm either too late, or the more likely scenario, no money at the time.

I would love to get NCSlice's 12. Love the mod he did on it: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...E)-BK12!!-Spine-fix-patina-amp-jimp-Pic-heavy!

image_zpsutccm16f.jpg

It's funny, I was just thinking the same thing about grinding that thumb ramp off. That knife above looks awesome!

It's funny, I was just thinking the same thing about grinding that thumb ramp off. That knife above looks awesome!

It's freakin's sick. Love that thing. If you click on the thread to check out his mod, note that the BK12 blade isn't flat. The spine, that is.

I saw that. I would probably just take down the ramp flush with the spine.

Right on. And take the weights out of the handle.

Back