THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

This may come as a surprise to some of you, some calibers of ammunition are almost unobtanium right now, I was farting around last night and bumped into a thread on ARFcom about the ammo shortage. That got me looking for 5.56 and 9mm. Very hard to find.

Try finding reloading supplies.

Primers are apparently now more precious than gold

1st ever Team Gemini.......love it!
20200827-084837.jpg

So I've pretty much come down to two Busse knives that are my general, do-it-all-adequately if not perfect for the job. These are the ones that I would grab if I was bugging out in an INCH situation. If I had time, there would be three. But the first two are the TGULB (in my case, because I don't have a TGLB), and the HR. It doesn't particularly matter which HR, as my BGHR or HR2 both are just fantastic knives, able to do anything I've thrown at them. The older HR that I have, only a 6" blade, hasn't seen enough use to say it can keep pace with the other two variants. The third knife would be a INFImandu, full convex grind. If I can't do it with one of these three, then it either doesn't need to be done, or I'm not adequate. Because these knives certainly are.

So I've pretty much come down to two Busse knives that are my general, do-it-all-adequately if not perfect for the job. These are the ones that I would grab if I was bugging out in an INCH situation. If I had time, there would be three. But the first two are the TGULB (in my case, because I don't have a TGLB), and the HR. It doesn't particularly matter which HR, as my BGHR or HR2 both are just fantastic knives, able to do anything I've thrown at them. The older HR that I have, only a 6" blade, hasn't seen enough use to say it can keep pace with the other two variants. The third knife would be a INFImandu, full convex grind. If I can't do it with one of these three, then it either doesn't need to be done, or I'm not adequate. Because these knives certainly are.
Sounds pretty dang good to me!!
Seriously though, between the HR and Gemini- those 2 are just flat out hard to beat imo.
Both, just excellent well rounded blades.
If I had to give an edge to either, for me, right now, it would go to the Gemini. But, it's splittin hairs imo
Just fantastic blades.

I actually like the fact that it's a TGULB instead of a TGLB, since the ultra is lighter and faster/more nimble... The HR2 can handle the more stout tasks. Seems like that combo gives you more diversity :rolleyes:
A good RMD (is there one that isn't?) always has a place in anyone's anything.:thumbsup:

This may come as a surprise to some of you, some calibers of ammunition are almost unobtanium right now, I was farting around last night and bumped into a thread on ARFcom about the ammo shortage. That got me looking for 5.56 and 9mm. Very hard to find.
Not too much of a surprise given the pandemic, social unrest, and if the other party wins the Whitehouse on 11/3 then there will likely be all kinds of gun bans and regulations. Less than a year ago ammo was at prices so low that I had not seen in decades. I stopped in a local gun shop/range recently, and they were sold out of most handguns – I had never seen the display cases that empty before. I think June & July had record-high gun sales nationwide. It's an interesting (pretty f'ed up) time to live through.

Be sure to vote on November 3! If you don't think gun bans will happen in the US, ask our friends in Australia and other countries – gun bans can and will happen if the wrong party takes over!

Not too much of a surprise given the pandemic, social unrest, and if the other party wins the Whitehouse on 11/3 then there will likely be all kinds of gun bans and regulations. Less than a year ago ammo was at prices so low that I had not seen in decades. I stopped in a local gun shop/range recently, and they were sold out of most handguns – I had never seen the display cases that empty before. I think June & July had record-high gun sales nationwide. It's an interesting (pretty f'ed up) time to live through.

Be sure to vote on November 3! If you don't think gun bans will happen in the US, ask our friends in Australia and other countries – gun bans can and will happen if the wrong party takes over!
Totally, there's more stuff going on now, than it usually takes for the shelves to empty out. I'd heard tell of all the good stuff being sold out but hadn't checked in a while as I've been in "knife mode" since January.

I dropped the ball on .45ACP training ammo, but I've got a Large Pistol primer or two, and the other goods I need to roll my own. It's just that Rock Chucker single stage, and my tendonitis.

I'm seeing a good price on another board for a SYKCO 711 if anyone is looking for one of those. PM me if you want to know where to find it.

Is the "Crab Shack" the same thing as the "Custom Shop"?
How is a "Crabmandu" different than a "Infimandu"?

A Crab Shack is a Custom Shop product. But other Custom Shop designs are not Crab Shacks. The Crabs are INFI. I’ll let someone else with more knowledge field your last question.

Hope this helps.

Back