THE BUSSE CHAT THREAD!

I wouldn't, I would eff it up. I'd trade it to someone XXL handed and try to find another one.
Would you be willing to show a pic of it from the back giving a spine shot toward the handles?
I also wonder about drilling out the fasteners and removing the liner's then bolting it back together.

I tend to like heftier handles. Most knife handles don’t have enough grip. And I don’t believe I have oversized mitts. From your image, it looks normal. Unless you have really good skills, I’d leave it be. And sell or trade if it continues to bother you.

I can post a spine shot when I get home. I’m sure I have the skills to sand it down and make it look and feel good. I’m no noob, and have made a few of my own knives.

I just wouldn’t want to do it and then miss the extra size for one thing, and I was also mainly wondering if that thickness was normal or if what I have is some mutant magnum scales or something. :D

I can post a spine shot when I get home. I’m sure I have the skills to sand it down and make it look and feel good. I’m no noob, and have made a few of my own knives.

I just wouldn’t want to do it and then miss the extra size for one thing, and I was also mainly wondering if that thickness was normal or if what I have is some mutant magnum scales or something. :D
Makes sense, I'd try to measure my Magnums but it's off at D. Browns getting fitted.

Some pics of the spine:

772-E7-D10-7-D93-49-AB-BD25-17274-C04-BA29.jpg

5-CA52-D90-0-D91-4-B5-C-A2-D7-3-FDB1-A67-ED5-A.jpg

Fits my hand well, but feels thick. The more I use it though, the less weird it gets - if that makes sense.

D61-A955-A-2733-4717-89-D0-74601-C83-E375.jpg

CE56-D0-F1-4126-473-C-8-C42-219-EBF38-A58-C.jpg

That handle looks like a great size to me. At most I'd sand off the machine texture and give it a smooth hand finish. That would reduce the size a little bit.

I’m thinking that would reduce it just about the thickness of the liners or just a bit more. That’s what I’m thinking about doing.

I have a knife I made liners for a long time ago and it’s amazing to me just how much “fatness” those little tiny strips add to the feeling of the handle.

It was very evident because I added them to a knife I had used extensively, so my hand knew exactly how the handle was without em.

I just received a Forsaken Battle Mistress. I have been wanting one for awhile. I missed out on the original offering. Thanks a bunch to the seller Sloth. I can't wait to test this one out.

Really good deal ($205 shipped) on a Sykco 711 on another forum. It's tempting me but I'm after something different. PM me if you want to know where to find it.

I have some with scales around that thickness. Not lined. And like them. We all can be subject to Bias Confirmation. You think they should be too thick. So you’ve convinced yourself that they are. But they feel fine in hand. Let it settle itself out. Good luck in your choice.

I have some with scales around that thickness. Not lined. And like them. We all can be subject to Bias Confirmation. You think they should be too thick. So you’ve convinced yourself that they are. But they feel fine in hand. Let it settle itself out. Good luck in your choice.

It actually feels thick to my hand. Too thick? I’m trying to decide...

Just to make sure I wasn’t trippin’ I got my ASHBM out and felt that one. The BGASH is much thicker, both look and feel.

My brother has a BGASH as well with g10 scales. Mine feels bloated compared to his, but it’s comfy when I use it. :confused: Just fondling it, it feels like it would be awkward to use but it isn’t.

I’m gonna keep it as is and use it more. It’s growing on me. I can always take material off but can’t put it back on. :D

Lurker finally chiming in here. I have never owned a Busse, and have been trying to figure out what I like for years. Busse has "re-issued" knives with different options/changes than the previously model. Have they ever offered the same blade with a different handle? I love the look of the HRII, but I can't get over the Fusion handle. Does anyone think they would make a Fusion HRII, or would that essentially make it to similar to a Steel Heart?

Lurker finally chiming in here. I have never owned a Busse, and have been trying to figure out what I like for years. Busse has "re-issued" knives with different options/changes than the previously model. Have they ever offered the same blade with a different handle? I love the look of the HRII, but I can't get over the Fusion handle. Does anyone think they would make a Fusion HRII, or would that essentially make it to similar to a Steel Heart?

They have released knives with different handles before. For instance Steel Hearts have been offered with straight, ergo, fusion, and nano fusion handles.

But while you're waiting, here's as HR2 and a Nuclear Option Forsaken Steel Heart:

X0OZVik.jpg

Then base model HR2 and Forsaken Steel Heart were the same. But the regular (non-nuclear) Forsaken Steel Heart doesn't have the fuller. That, along with lightened handle and Custom Shop logo, was a $110 option. They're both really nice knives, but the HR2 seems to me to be the better value. Unless you really prefer the Fusion handle, in which case I'd say getting what you really want is the better value.

Last edited:
Love the coating on that nuclear option forsaken nano fusion steel heart.
Looks muddy brown. Dont see many of those.

They have released knives with different handles before. For instance Steel Hearts have been offered with straight, ergo, fusion, and nano fusion handles.

But while you're waiting, here's as HR2 and a Nuclear Option Forsaken Steel Heart:

X0OZVik.jpg

Then base model HR2 and Forsaken Steel Heart were the same. But the regular (non-nuclear) Forsaken Steel Heart doesn't have the fuller. That, along with lightened handle and Custom Shop logo, was a $110 option. They're both really nice knives, but the HR2 seems to me to be the better value. Unless you really prefer the Fusion handle, in which case I'd say getting what you really want is the better value.
Yeah that's my observation as well... The Nuked Forsaken Steel Heart and Hell Razor 2 are basically the same knife from ricasso forward (if you ignore the spine design elements), just with different handles. OK fine, they're different, but very similar.... Not the "same".

I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I love the HR2 over the Nuked Forsaken Steel Heart because of the handle. I really wanted to love my Forsaken Steel Heart, but wish the handle was different.

I like the Nano Fusion and Fusion handles when they're hand smoothed as on CS pieces, but the milling on the production G-10 and Micarta are too aggressive for me (too much carved out between the tubes), and creates crazy hot spots for my hands. The SF (?) handles on the HR2 is just more comfortable from factory. I like the idea and the design of the Nano Fusion and Fusion... There just needs to be less contouring in the mill work and I'd be much happier.

Back