The Case Barlow is BACK

I got my Brown Sawcut today. Both sides look good, but a little different. I like it; that's four of the 2019 ones I have now (photo of the group in a bit).

Really nice. Would love one in my collection, but as usual funds come into play. Well done.

I like all the interesting bolster stamps, and it would be cool to collect em all. I probably would if some of the more unique ones weren't on the single blade spearpoints ... I don't really favor that version. The clip-main two-blade is definitely the best version imo.

Last edited:
Mailman delivers again! (to the wrong address, but that was quickly remedied)

IMG_20190802_160808.jpg IMG_20190802_160734.jpg

No pile side shenanigans here!:D

Clip is perfectly centered, the pen is off just a bit, but no rub.
There is a bit of side to side play in both blades, but I'm confident a light wack with a hammer can fix that.
Action is good, snaps nicely with a pull a little lighter than I had hoped, perfectly acceptable though. Flush back springs with no gaps, something that Case seems to be nailing quite well lately.

IMG_20190802_160659.jpg

My camera doesn't really do the scales justice and the "sawcut" grooves are more shallow than they seem in the pics, which I'm happy about. Enough texture for grip but still pleasant in the hand. If Case would go easy on the final polishing of all surfaces this would easily compare favorably to the old ones in my opinion. Overall great knife, a real winner in my book :thumbsup:

I think that I got somebody's return? The box looked like it had been opened.

i-ptHhFn5-L.jpg

i-sZmNrrf-L.jpg

I like all the interesting tang stamps, and it would be cool to collect em all. I probably would if some of the more unique ones weren't on the single blade spearpoints ... I don't really favor that version. The clip-main two-blade is definitely the best version imo.

I always liked the clip point pen combo myself, reminds me of my old Camillus 51 from back in the day. However, two things steered me toward the single spear in stainless. First off, a lot of the earlier English Barlows were single blade spearpoints. Second I find the spear blade is a better spreader/stirrer/food prep knife for me. In use, I discovered that a lot of folks that are not knife people are ok with the more rounded shape of the spearpoint.

That being said, I will probably end up getting one of the brown sawcut two blades as well, since these do indeed remind me of my old Camillus and is a quality product by an American company.

I think that I got somebody's return? The box looked like it had been opened.

i-ptHhFn5-L.jpg

i-sZmNrrf-L.jpg

Maybe so. I would be happy with the bone on that one. Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I’m nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs that I’ll get a bad one.

Yes, the new ones look great in the pics, with the quadra-whatever shield... but as far as I can tell... no CV. Only TruSharp. :(

I would like a spear point in CV...

Got my second Case Barlow in the saw cut in yesterday. The pictures don't do it justice. It looks much better in hand. The pile side is a little darker then the stamped side but still a nice cut.Blades are centered and no rub.Nice firm pulls and good half stops.
Eix61Rq.jpg

Man, these are looking nice.
I ordered one of the brown sawcuts to go with the old red bone one I've already scored with.

Fingers crossed here that I get a good one. Like many others, no doubt!

Got notice on new case release. Black synthetic with this new or at least I've never seen it, shield. A number of offerings, but yes, in a Barlow.

Not fond of the over-sized shield, especially with the red paint just waiting to chip off with use. Synthetic handles are a good option though.

The brown sawcut CV is a winner. A pleasant surprise is how well the long clipped top portion (along the spine) of the clip blade fits in the hand (on the back of the hand, between the knuckle of the thumb and the knuckle of the forefinger) when closing the blade. Very pleased with this knife, particularly at its price point.

Back