The CRK Insingo Hangout!

Hey Andy - yeah these both are new. The S is from March and the L is from November. Glad they helped!

Giz: I have M/L hands, short fingers, but even still it opens easier for me. I'll have to try to figure why that is. Maybe just the placement of the hand on the larger handle gives better leverage or something. I like it though.

It was pretty darn cold! But I needed some nature, been stuck indoors a bit, so a hike felt good and gave me a good photo op.

I have been so used to flipping my small Sebenza, when I tried flipping my friend's large Sebenza I just couldn't. Of course if it is just plain opening I have no issues with both. I guess you just need to train up muscle memory for different sizes. I have medium hands but my fingers are long so learning to flip a small Sebenza requires a lot of practice because the way to hold it without hitting the blade and pressing on the lock bar just felt so awkward on the already small frame size.

Agreed. I wouldn't consider either "easy" to flip. I just push the blade all the way through the motion to the click. I need a cheap flipper to just mess around with. Haha

Being new here to BF I just discovered the carbon fiber CRKs and where to get them. How do you guys like the CF compared to the regular Ti? Does the change the balance much? Does the CF hold up well to wear? Not that anything is much tougher than Ti. I just got a small sebenza and love it. After reading this thread my next two will be a mnandi and small insingo.

Being new here to BF I just discovered the carbon fiber CRKs and where to get them. How do you guys like the CF compared to the regular Ti? Does the change the balance much? Does the CF hold up well to wear? Not that anything is much tougher than Ti. I just got a small sebenza and love it. After reading this thread my next two will be a mnandi and small insingo.

I've got a 21 and 25 with CF, at first you notice a difference in the weight/balance feel. That goes away after a few days of carry.
The CF holds up well with use, if you happen to drop it on a hard surface, it will chip. I am partial to the CF 25, love carrying it.

Very nice man. The large definitely opens way smoother than the small. I have XL/xxl hands and it was always easier for me to open the large.

Nice pic. Looks chilly.

I have XL hands too. My small plain Jane opened more smooth than my small micarta. So much that I just sent my small micarta back to CRK. Easier for me to open a large also. Played with a friends the other day. Wicked smooth. Problem is for me it's too big for me for EDC.

Very nice HDSs! What emitters? I dig the orange cerakote. I got in on the group buy for the NRA Blue Cerakote HDS and ordered a Clicky 325; haven't got it in hand yet though. It's taking quite a long time. But HDS are made to work, just like that Sebbie!

Very nice HDSs! What emitters? I dig the orange cerakote. I got in on the group buy for the NRA Blue Cerakote HDS and ordered a Clicky 325; haven't got it in hand yet though. It's taking quite a long time. But HDS are made to work, just like that Sebbie!

Thanks man. I've had the Orange one for a long time. I bought and sold a few 170 exclusive clickys and regretted it and then picked up this one when they came out. It's the 200 clicky with the XPG emitter. The black Rotary is the 170 Nichia 219b and the little guy on steroids is a ToolVN XPL Fiat Lux 5000K.

I really want to get another HDS. Maybe try out the 325 also.

Quite a bit of mileage on the Clicky

Last edited:
Monthly scheduled cleaning went a little long this time. It's been about 2 months.

Cool stuff Gizler. HDS is my absolute favorite amongst all other brands and makers. Love my HDS rotaries. It is sad to know that Henry is no longer offering cerakote on his lights now.

I did not actually set up a regular maintenance for my Sebbie. The last time I took mine apart was like two months ago and I think I should do it now.

Thanks Andy!

I love the HDS lights. I've had a few over the years. Some I wished I would have kept. That's a shame he's no longer cerakoting. I was looking in the custom builds last night and there is still an option for it. Did he just not remove it yet? All the more reason to never part with mine.

I don't really have a scheduled cleaning. But it seems to need it after about a month of use. Working in an Auto shop everyday tends to get the knife nasty pretty easy.

Cool stuff Gizler. HDS is my absolute favorite amongst all other brands and makers. Love my HDS rotaries. It is sad to know that Henry is no longer offering cerakote on his lights now.

I did not actually set up a regular maintenance for my Sebbie. The last time I took mine apart was like two months ago and I think I should do it now.

Thanks Andy!

I love the HDS lights. I've had a few over the years. Some I wished I would have kept. That's a shame he's no longer cerakoting. I was looking in the custom builds last night and there is still an option for it. Did he just not remove it yet? All the more reason to never part with mine.

I don't really have a scheduled cleaning. But it seems to need it after about a month of use. Working in an Auto shop everyday tends to get the knife nasty pretty easy.
To be honest I wasn't sure. Saw a post in CPF claiming Henry has stopped offering cerakoting but I did not bother to verify that info.

I am starting to like the look of a plain Jane Sebbie. Hope I could get the funds for one. Thanks to your photos! Haha

To be honest I wasn't sure. Saw a post in CPF claiming Henry has stopped offering cerakoting but I did not bother to verify that info.

I am starting to like the look of a plain Jane Sebbie. Hope I could get the funds for one. Thanks to your photos! Haha

I Really like the Look of the CF Knife Art Insingo/21's. But I love the look of the Plain Jane Seb. There is just something about one that has some battle scars and mileage on it. Kind of tells a story of where the knife has been.

Little Bit of Squirrel hunting yesterday with my boys. Had a Becker friend along for the ride.

Nice pair there! Did you get anything?

+1 on the CF scales, those are super cool. I have a CF Spydie Caly 3 and the feel of the carbon is very nice. I bet the CRK feels awesome in hand.

Hogokansatsukan told me the cerakote will be discontinued as the shop doing it recently got a huge Sturm Ruger contract and doesn't have time for Henry. Maybe it's too much of a hassle to bother hunting for a new shop to do it.

Nice pair there! Did you get anything?

+1 on the CF scales, those are super cool. I have a CF Spydie Caly 3 and the feel of the carbon is very nice. I bet the CRK feels awesome in hand.

Hogokansatsukan told me the cerakote will be discontinued as the shop doing it recently got a huge Sturm Ruger contract and doesn't have time for Henry. Maybe it's too much of a hassle to bother hunting for a new shop to do it.

Thanks, Our outing was cut short. It was 4 degrees out and we had to come home for dinner.

I really want to see what a CF seb feels like.

I can understand that with the cerakoting. I remember back about 5 years ago or more, Henry stopped offering it, and then it came back years later. I guess he is at the mercy of whoever provides the coating service.

Im sending you a PM on CPF I have a question.

Back