The CRK Insingo Hangout!

Hey Andy! How are ya my friend? This is fun, I get to come in and know a bunch of people right off the bat. ;) The Insingo is one sweet blade. Can't wait to put some character marks in this one. I'll toss up some more pics in a few days when the big bro shows up. :) I think we're two peas in a pod, we always end up with the same gear! Lol.

Lol! Is this a mere coincidence that we share the same taste? Welcome here too Nick! You see less of me in the other forum now as I am loosing interest in flashlights. Frankly, I am a noob here. My registration in this forum may show 2014 but I was totally inactive until a few months back when I purchased my first serious knife.

Anyhow, I am looking to get another large Sebenza too but I can't make up my mind on which one to get as yet. Maybe I will stick to the plain Jane or Micarta inlay but I really like the small cabon fiber which I have and wonder if I should just get the large in carbon fiber to pair it up? I looked at those plain Janes with character marks and I sort of melted. Hard decisions and limited cash! Haha

Well, make sure you pop in by CPF from time to time, you are a valued member there as well! Your CF Insingo is mad awesome, a pair would be droolworthy! Looks like Knifeart has the large CF in stock. Poke poke poke... I do like the vanilla models though, I love the "users" posted all over in here. Here's one you'll appreciate as it has one of our favorite little nickel plated brass lights alongside a Seb. Sunday's pocket dump.

SundayEDC_zpsiiacqgke.jpg

Insingos like pizza

Seb_zpsatqdnsmn.jpg

Well, make sure you pop in by CPF from time to time, you are a valued member there as well! Your CF Insingo is mad awesome, a pair would be droolworthy! Looks like Knifeart has the large CF in stock. Poke poke poke... I do like the vanilla models though, I love the "users" posted all over in here. Here's one you'll appreciate as it has one of our favorite little nickel plated brass lights alongside a Seb. Sunday's pocket dump.

Insingos like pizza

Seb_zpsatqdnsmn.jpg
Sure pop by CPF once in a while Nick. I did not give up on flashlights, just need some time off until technology picks up. Been seeing the same stuff again and again and it sort of bores me.

That Titan Plus is such a beau. Love using it daily and it gets carried together with my Insingo everywhere I go. It is a backup to my HDS 200 HCRI rotary.

Back to the Insingo, I wonder how long of regular usage does it take to wear the edges of the titanium slabs down? Really love the worn looks of those plain Jane Insingo posted by fellow members here.

That's a good question. I would think that if it goes in pockets or bags with other metal items like keys, coins, or tools that can abrade it, it will go relatively quickly. Likewise if it is set down on or slid across rough or hard surfaces such as a metal work bench often, that will wear more quickly. Think of the snail trails on machined finish flashlights. If it goes from an empty pocket in in your slacks into your hand and then back into your slacks, it will probably take a looong time. Maybe I can rub the slabs on some old denim or leather to shine up the edges a bit.

Sure pop by CPF once in a while Nick. I did not give up on flashlights, just need some time off until technology picks up. Been seeing the same stuff again and again and it sort of bores me.

That Titan Plus is such a beau. Love using it daily and it gets carried together with my Insingo everywhere I go. It is a backup to my HDS 200 HCRI rotary.

Back to the Insingo, I wonder how long of regular usage does it take to wear the edges of the titanium slabs down? Really love the worn looks of those plain Jane Insingo posted by fellow members here.

The worn look can be had by carrying it in a pocket sheath or back pocket carry in jeans. Or you can force the edges of the Ti to have that worn look with some fine grit sandpaper.

Thanks guys! I wouldn't really want to go through the sand paper process to get the worn looks it probably won't look natural. Maybe using it regularly would create that look or like what was suggested, in the jeans.

I agree. I think letting the character marks develop naturally is always the best way to go. "I rubbed it with sandpaper" doesn't make for a very good story. Hahah.

Yes, going in and out of the pocket of jeans creates a nice, natural wear along the edges. You will get a little initial shine of the corners and then the blasting will slowly start to fade from the edges blending into the middle. Looks great when it gets to that point.

Just noticed, that I can´t live without a small Insingo lefty with micarta inlays!

Oh man. I´m infected! :yawn:

Last edited:
Glad you made it over here to BF. I've been on CPF for quite a get years. (Mgizler) over there.

Get ready for the sickness. This hobby grabs a hold of you worse than the flashlights do.

These pics make me realize I need another small to match my large!!

Insingos like pizza

Seb_zpsatqdnsmn.jpg

Thanks guys! I wouldn't really want to go through the sand paper process to get the worn looks it probably won't look natural. Maybe using it regularly would create that look or like what was suggested, in the jeans.

Hey bud! Just use that thing and the marks will develop. Mine has gathered q

It shouldn't be purposeful my friend. Just like good wine, it needs time...;)

Oh yes.

My post got cut short. Mine definitely has some character now. I actually love the look of it now rather than when it was new.

Insingos like pizza

Seb_zpsatqdnsmn.jpg

Hey nbp, great pics and welcome to the addiction!

Just noticed, that I can´t live without a small Insingo lefty with micarta inlays!

Oh man. I´m infected! :yawn:

I think it will be the best EDC with the micarta inlays. Sure makes it a little grippier. Looks like you got bitten by the bug eh?

Seriously having a hard time holding back on buying a small Insingo. I want one so bad. I have no of reason for it. I carry the large everywhere with no issues.

I need to stay out of here for a while.

Seriously having a hard time holding back on buying a small Insingo. I want one so bad. I have no of reason for it. I carry the large everywhere with no issues.

I need to stay out of here for a while.
Honestly? You don't need one bro. I love the small but always wished that I had gone with the large for the extra power and cutting length, and since I am on jeans or cargo pants mainly there's no reason why I shouldn't.

Back