The CRK Insingo Hangout!

Feels good to have an Insingo in my pocket again, after having sold my small KA cf last year. Just took delivery today!

856bbf5a1e48de58b0a72cda6cf093e7.jpg

4828fb95fef5e941cd14021b11d4d0e2.jpg

So I got me a small plain Insingo. I still have 2 regulars, small und large, and have sold others from my collection like small classic, flatground large reg, Umfaan, 2 Mnandis.
The Insingo is for me simply the best CR I had so far and the bladeshape is perfect for my everday needs.

In my effort to find the perfect combination of CRKs for all occasions I had purchased a large "pretty knife" a 21 with box elder burl inlays and gold hardware. It is a beauty! But after using my Lg Insingo all the time, I just couldn't warm up to the blade shape. It doesn't make sense but I just felt like in the smalls I like the clip point or the drop of the Inkosi but in the Lg the Insingo rules supreme. Soo, I placed an order today for a KA exclusive Lg 21 Insingo with the carbon fiber slab. This will be my Lg "pretty knife" to compliment my Lg plain jane Insingo user. I can't wait for another big Insingo in my collection. They are my perfect user blade.

Way to go Nick! Makes me wanna get another large 21 with micarta inlays for my user.

Spending the day kayaking with this Insingo.

When are we going to see Insingos in Damascus? I have come to the conclusion that I may never see a perfect Sebenza since Dam Insingos don't exist.

I just picked up a Plain Large 21 Insingo, as I severely missed my previous one. I very much enjoy CRK's damascus for ease of sharpening, but the Insingo is just about my perfect blade shape. The one I received is a perfect specimen, and, even more, born on my birthday last year -- what a nice sign that this knife is for me!

Interesting note -- both this Large 21 Insingo I have and the last one I had (born in December 2014) have had earlier lockups than any other Large 21 I've had. Has anyone else noticed earlier lockups on the Large 21 Insingos?

I've searched a few times and haven't seen anything about Insingo with Damascus blade ( Small w/ Micarta). Does such a knife exist?

Is there something historical I haven't found or figured out?

For Now,

gib

I've searched a few times and haven't seen anything about Insingo with Damascus blade ( Small w/ Micarta). Does such a knife exist?

Is there something historical I haven't found or figured out?

For Now,

gib

No, I have never seen a Insingo damascus blade, and I think they do not exist..

I want a Dam Insingo something fierce.

I find it more useful than the traditional clip point blade for EDC tasks. I pray they make large and small Insingo Inkosis eventually. They'd be a dream for EDC.

Back