The CRK Insingo Hangout!

I am bumping this thread because it is fantastic and I finally joined the hangout. I’ll post a pic tomorrow but figured I’d give it a bump tonight.

The Insingo blade shape might be Chris’ greatest creation. I’m sure I don’t fully appreciate it yet but I think I’m hooked.

Show’em if you’ve got’em

mngOq78h.jpg

I05JzgYh.jpg

E4TCNwSh.jpg

z9tUlpIh.jpg

kLvsVXOh.jpg

BTVSjCSh.jpg

3748lu6h.jpg

I typically like lanyards on my CRK's. On my 31's and 21's that have the insingo blade all the lanyards get cut. The Inkosi isn't a problem.
I had forgotten about that until I was looking (fondly) at my large 31 Insingo. The lanyard is already getting cut. So I will be removing that and putting in a J2H lanyard delete with the insingo mod.

I typically like lanyards on my CRK's. On my 31's and 21's that have the insingo blade all the lanyards get cut. The Inkosi isn't a problem.
I had forgotten about that until I was looking (fondly) at my large 31 Insingo. The lanyard is already getting cut. So I will be removing that and putting in a J2H lanyard delete with the insingo mod.

interesting. I’m a new insingo owner, I keep the lanyard because I carry clipless and use it to retrieve from my pocket. When it gets cut I’ll probably change to leather cord, maybe that will be more durable.

Had not heard this before.

interesting. I’m a new insingo owner, I keep the lanyard because I carry clipless and use it to retrieve from my pocket. When it gets cut I’ll probably change to leather cord, maybe that will be more durable.

Had not heard this before.
I am wondering if it is only cutting the standard "noose" style lanyard. During use and carry the lanyard loosens up a bit allowing the cord to move in the pin. That's when it makes contact with the blade, cutting the lanyard.
I wonder if you put a knotted lanyard in there if it would cut it? I don't think the knotted lanyard would loosen up as much as the noose style.

Terrible picture but I got my Large Magnacut Insingo with natural Micarta inlays yesterday. I would have preferred a PJ or darker micarta but I’m happy with it after getting it. Magnacut Large Sebenzas are so hard to find I was just happy to get it for MSRP from a dealer rather than pay the eBay tax.

2TAz3N4.jpg

IMG_8606.jpeg

I've bought and sold a lot of knives to find the one. I think that no matter what steel it is, the best blade for your pocket is a Sebenza with Insingo blade. Large or small, it doesn't matter. I've owned Insingos many times before, and I always want to come back. This time, I'm staying for good, it helps that it's in the new fancy Magnacut steel as well!

View attachment 2036524

I've bought and sold a lot of knives to find the one. I think that no matter what steel it is, the best blade for your pocket is a Sebenza with Insingo blade. Large or small, it doesn't matter. I've owned Insingos many times before, and I always want to come back. This time, I'm staying for good, it helps that it's in the new fancy Magnacut steel as well!

I almost bought one just like that last month. I hesitated too long and they were out of stock. Next time…

Assume you used a WE or similar system? Looks great. What angle?
Came to me with that edge. I've been maintaining it on a strop which I believe has enhanced the brilliance on the edge. Haven't actually measured, but I think it is around 20 degrees per side, perhaps a skosh lower (more acute).

Back