The CRK Insingo Hangout!

Is Insingo 31 in Magnacut finally on production? Wonder how long it takes KA to release CF version

Last edited:
I am an idiot. I just bought a NIB small 21 micarta insingo.

Why am I an idiot? Because I have a perfectly nice small 21 micarta insingo in my pocket. I am so enamored with the knife, I impulse bought a second one….I guess I’ll save it for when I wear out the first one!😂

I am an idiot. I just bought a NIB small 21 micarta insingo.
Me too... Why? I wanted small 21 Insingo KA CF as crazy, so I purchased one from Arizona Knives, "like new" and very-very expensive... When delivered, I immediately realized that knife was too small to be EDC, and had to go...
Now, I need to figure out paid account option to be able posting on Sale section, or - even worse - put it on eBay :(

Me too... Why? I wanted small 21 Insingo KA CF as crazy, so I purchased one from Arizona Knives, "like new" and very-very expensive... When delivered, I immediately realized that knife was too small to be EDC, and had to go...
Now, I need to figure out paid account option to be able posting on Sale section, or - even worse - put it on eBay :(

At least I know I like the knife! No idea why I thought I needed a duplicate. But it is sweet.

The bay is kind of a cesspool. The $30 membership here is worth it. It will cost you less than the eBay commission.

The Insingo is such a pleasure to sharpen. I am admittedly not a talented sharpener and struggle to get the full length of a drop point evenly sharp. I find it aggravating and it diminishes my enjoyment of the knife.

But not the insingo! I can quickly restore the edge and it is so gratifying.

I sold my drop point, no regrets.

Attachments

• 7CF38E43-EC34-48B5-86C8-C6D91917B2B8.jpeg
    7CF38E43-EC34-48B5-86C8-C6D91917B2B8.jpeg
    767 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Interesting observation:
I think the small sebenza insingo blade shape has changed a little over the years. I noticed this when handling a 2019 insingo side-by-side with my 2013. I made a mental note of it a while ago but it occurred to me again this morning.

Blade length: I noticed my 2013 was a hair shorter than the 2019. If you look at older specs, the early years of the insingo states 2.94” blade length and more recent specs say 2.99”. (Edit: this is probably why I never have problems with my lanyard getting torn up like many users)

Plunge grind: my 2013 is more rounded at the base and the plunge grind is slightly forward into the cutting edge in front of the sharping choil. The more recent blades have a less rounded (closer to 90 degrees) transition and the plunge grind is further back into the choil so it’s clear of the sharpening edge.

I marked up a few pics from the web that I think show this (I didn’t take a pic in person). My opinion is the changes over the years are improvements, but I still love my old one.

Just sharing random Sunday morning thoughts.
IMG_1548.jpegIMG_1563.jpeg

Last edited:
My newest CRK: the Large Inkosi Insigo in black micarta!
Such a great knife! Gonna stay in my pocket all week long! 🥰

iekYc5y.jpg

VPsJivo.jpg

2aZhJX3.jpg

63S6gMq.jpg

ZMOloaC.jpg

Along with my first CRK: Large Sebenza 31 Ebony
nROJS1T.jpg

Back