The Hinderer Anticipation Thread - What Are YOU Waiting for?

After obtaining a SnG, 0562, 0392, and 0620 frame locks I finally have a true Hinderer on its way! I took the plunge and ordered a XM18 3.5" Spearpoint /Black Scale. Looking forward to some break/in time with new gem. I just finished breaking in my EKI Roadhouse which is my use and abuse EDC so I expect this RHK to be a lot easier on the hand...lol

After obtaining a SnG, 0562, 0392, and 0620 frame locks I finally have a true Hinderer on its way! I took the plunge and ordered a XM18 3.5" Spearpoint /Black Scale. Looking forward to some break/in time with new gem. I just finished breaking in my EKI Roadhouse which is my use and abuse EDC so I expect this RHK to be a lot easier on the hand...lol

I have the same one on the way as well.:D You must have gotten the other black scale one.:cool: Is yours S35VN or CPM20CV ?

A 3" Spanto to compliment my 3" Wharncliffe. I think that will be a great pair.

I never thought I would own one Hinderer; let alone two since I only keep less than a handful of knives. The Wharncliffe has not left my pocket since I got it. Not usual for me. I understand now :)

I never thought I would own one Hinderer; let alone two since I only keep less than a handful of knives. The Wharncliffe has not left my pocket since I got it. Not usual for me. I understand now :)

Welcome to the sickness! :D :D

I don't know what the differences are, if any. I have read that they are about the same. I have several other knives in S35VN and they have all been great. I also already have a spanto in S35VN. I just wanted to try a different steel in the Spearpoint, that's all. Any of the steel Hinderer uses is good to go in my opinion.:thumbup:

I do know that 20CV used to be called Duratech 20CV. Now it's CPM20CV, I guess CPM bought out Duratech steel or something. I'm sure someone else on the forum knows what, if any differences there are and about the why it's now a CPM product.

Anyway hope your happy with yours. I am very satisfied with mine. I like the way this one fires open. Mine was put together by KJ and I think she must be the best assembler Hinderer has now. lol :D

I don't know what the differences are, if any. I have read that they are about the same. I have several other knives in S35VN and they have all been great. I also already have a spanto in S35VN. I just wanted to try a different steel in the Spearpoint, that's all. Any of the steel Hinderer uses is good to go in my opinion.:thumbup:

I do know that 20CV used to be called Duratech 20CV. Now it's CPM20CV, I guess CPM bought out Duratech steel or something. I'm sure someone else on the forum knows what, if any differences there are and about the why it's now a CPM product.

Anyway hope your happy with yours. I am very satisfied with mine. I like the way this one fires open. Mine was put together by KJ and I think she must be the best assembler Hinderer has now. lol :D

Thanks for the detailed response. I am happy with the knife I received, perfect example as far as I can tell.

Im waiting on my very first XM-18. Its a 3" wharnie that I got direct from the maker at normal price, never thought Id see the day!! Tracking says delivery tomorrow!! I also ordered copper standoffs, copper LBS, bronze ti screws & bronze ti pivot screw. All being delivered tomorrow!!!!

Waiting for bronze 3.5" pivot screws and clip/filler. None out there. Notta. Zipp. Zilch. Zero. Sucks but at the same time makes hunting for them more fun and rewarding.

Grabbed a 3.5" XM Spearpoint today (black scale), now looking for a 3.5 Spanto. :eek:

Alude904 nice catch ! Where did you find it ... if you don't mind sharing ? I'm looking for one too.

I have a xm18 3 lnch Wharncliffe with Digicamo handles and xm18 3 inch Slicer with translucent handles have a xm18 3.5 inch Spearpoint with dark green handles coming in Monday

@pibi i got it from libtac dot com. They're an official hinderer seller. i think the current status is sold out however, weird thing is, when i bought it, they said in stock but the next day it went to on order so i had to wait. Then i got a random email saying it was shipped. They have awesome service though so if you were going to preorder one i recommend from there.

Alude904, thank you. I know them, I just got a spanto from libtac and I totally agree: great customer service and communication .

Back