The Hinderer Anticipation Thread - What Are YOU Waiting for?

^ Congrats revdevil. I love that feeling! You landed a sweet knife. I'm expecting a visit from my postal carrier on wed or thurs of this week as well. :)

^ Congrats revdevil. I love that feeling! You landed a sweet knife. I'm expecting a visit from my postal carrier on wed or thurs of this week as well. :)

Thank you. I haven't felt this giddy over a knife since I scored my ZT 0560, that is another one that rarely leaves my side.

I am set to get my lottery winning knife, the FDE DLC XM-18 today. I am super excited about this one. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I have to keep a close eye on the tracking, because since it's sig confirmation, I will need to leave work race home and look around. Estimating the postal carrier trajectory through my neighborhood is the tough part. Usually sometimes between 9:30am and 10am.

Lol, completely familiar with that! I've actually taken days off in order to catch the mailman..

Congrats on the win!

Lol, completely familiar with that! I've actually taken days off in order to catch the mailman..

Congrats on the win!

Yes! Done that as well as caught up to him where I figured he be on his route, called him on his cell phone and met him at rendevous point, just went to the post office and picked it up before the carrier left..... all of the above.
The worst is knowing its just sitting all weekend and having to wait until Monday :mad:

Yes! Done that as well as caught up to him where I figured he be on his route, called him on his cell phone and met him at rendevous point, just went to the post office and picked it up before the carrier left..... all of the above.
The worst is knowing its just sitting all weekend and having to wait until Monday :mad:

Yep, nothing more frustrating than knowing it's so close, yet so far.. Until it's actually in my hands who knows what might happen….:eek:

Yep, nothing more frustrating than knowing it's so close, yet so far.. Until it's actually in my hands who knows what might happen….:eek:

I have stopped just short of picking up the phone and calling a good friend of mine (who happens to be a Post Master) and saying, "Hey Billy.... you wouldn't happen to ....." :)
Even I have imaginary lines to avoid crossing (I tell myself)

I have stopped just short of picking up the phone and calling a good friend of mine (who happens to be a Post Master) and saying, "Hey Billy.... you wouldn't happen to ....." :)
Even I have imaginary lines to avoid crossing (I tell myself)

A bit of liquid lubrication (BEER) helps in those cases ;):D

Just scored another XM-18 this morning. This time a 3" spanto. Gotta stop watching the for sale threads! Pic later.

I've had a long time infatuation with Ti but only recently began to appreciate the wonderful element in a folder. Since then I have added some beautiful frame locks to my pocket and put the Hinderer on my list of must try. No real hurry, so patiently been waiting for a slicer non flip 3.5. Came home after a Christmas party this last Sat at 2am and checked the for sale thread (mistake #1) . Must have been my all night discussion with Jack D. (mistake #2) but I suddenly had no more patience and for the first time I was open to a flipper. Gen 4 XM 3.5 Slicer Orange scale should be heading my direction in today's mail. Excited to finally hold a Hinderer and the blade, finish, and scale color are exactly what I wanted but being my first flipper I'm interested to see how I adapt to the different action. Going to be a long but good week of anticipation.

^ Congrats tannin. Welcome to the addiction. I doubt it will be your last. You picked a great knife to start with. The slicer is my favorite grind. Now the fun part. The wait!

Never was a big fan of the show growing up ( even at a young age had a hard time with talking Horses and Smart Ducks etc) but...
as an Adult - LOVE the XM in a Flipper! What can I say :)

This little beauty should arrive Wednesday sometime.
_57-3_zpse63d0eb6.jpg

_57_zps8978fc73.jpg

_57-2_zps0103e3e3.jpg

Attachments

• _57_zps8978fc73.jpg
    _57_zps8978fc73.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 13
Congrats on your purchase. You know, the best thing about getting a flipper is that you can still use the thumb studs to open it. Mine rockets out with the flipper or the studs but I think a bit faster with the studs (if that matters to you). You can think of the flipper as a finger guard. If you carry it tip up, it won't ever get in the way when pulling it out of your pocket either:)

I've had a long time infatuation with Ti but only recently began to appreciate the wonderful element in a folder. Since then I have added some beautiful frame locks to my pocket and put the Hinderer on my list of must try. No real hurry, so patiently been waiting for a slicer non flip 3.5. Came home after a Christmas party this last Sat at 2am and checked the for sale thread (mistake #1) . Must have been my all night discussion with Jack D. (mistake #2) but I suddenly had no more patience and for the first time I was open to a flipper. Gen 4 XM 3.5 Slicer Orange scale should be heading my direction in today's mail. Excited to finally hold a Hinderer and the blade, finish, and scale color are exactly what I wanted but being my first flipper I'm interested to see how I adapt to the different action. Going to be a long but good week of anticipation.

It may take me years to get it done...but just imagine the 3.5 FDE DLC trifecta...

Then the 24 and 3" too! :cool:

Thanks CDF, I sure will! I'm very curious to see how durable and scratch resistant the DLF is. I want to be able to use this knife without feeling like I have to baby it too much!

Back