The humble little pen knife

QQ13LwC.jpg

Klaas, Germany, all steel, stainless c 1950s Horn shadow

I love it! I have one in my collection too but carry some a little larger at times but it's usually a case peanut...that being said, I love the coping blade and wish they had offered that on the slightly larger Buck 309 Companion-similar to the Buck 305 Lancer but a wee-bit larger ...cheers!
yet the 309 gets lost in pocket as well and they are both very useful!!

That and the steep angle of clip point on the main blade are two reasons why I haven't carried my 309 companion near as much.

The size of the 309 is nice too , no better or worse for me but also nice.

Heres another one of my all time favorites, I like it so much I bought another off Ebay and did a giveaway for it here.

I love the classic equal end frame, and I love how thin this one is.
The blades are well done too.
That is a great one. I won the giveaway:
I8Hrg9I.jpg

Christopher Johnson

ud2JMMh.jpg

Harrison Brothers & Howson

ZSSfgmd.jpg

George Butler

NitEnf7.jpg

Lewis Barnascone

CbyCHPx.jpg

Harrison Fisher

DTaX2hl.jpg

George Ibberson

k0AdDYJ.jpg

John Petty

LNteXQ7.jpg

Joseph Allen

yUGZDsm.jpg

Harrison Fisher

eQilI9k.jpg

Joseph Elliott

dybfhrY.jpg

George Ibberson

qR6RwFz.jpg

John Watts

q76scbz.jpg

Joseph Rodgers

AW9h8kg.jpg

Richards of Sheffield

7LKpUVj.jpg

William Rodgers

mccWT3j.jpg

Taylor's Eye Witnes

BUsDafs.jpg
Showoff! :p
Cool collection, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

I'm glad you like the little Camillus.

Another good thing about them is the Monroe Hardware versions are dated.
I'm not positive but believe they were ordering them from the 60's through the 90's.
If I had the mind It would be cool to collect every year.

For what it's worth, I've read that the "Eisenhower" pen was Ike's favorite knife to give to visiting dignitaries, but the Case small stockman was what he actually carried.

Thanks for the correction. I wonder how much CASE had to pay to secure the president's signature as a blade etch?;)

I wish I had picture capability but I don't. My favorite small knife is a Wenger Patriot with metal scales. Completely open it's 7-1/8 inches long. Closed it's 3-3/8. The width is 3/16 of an inch. The large blade is 2-1/4" the small is 1-5/8". I've been carrying this monster around for 15 or 18 years and I'll be heartbroken if I ever lose or break it.

Back