1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

The Just Hanging Out Thread.

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by cchu518, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Thanks for the pics! Love a dog with "personality":D Our Boxer mix was the same way when he was a pup (which lasted for about 2ish years... lol). Howie still has a lot of personality... just a little lazier about it these days. He'll be 13 in March, so trying to soak up all the time we can with him.

I know what you mean about Cyan. We lost our Boston Terrier, Reagan, to cancer about 5 yrs ago, and I still half expect her to come barreling around the corner in the kitchen every once in awhile. Great dogs leave their mark on you.

woodysone and jaseman like this.
  2. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Don't forget to vote today folks!

Update: I was in the middle of setting up my own llc when some interviews made traction. I'll definitely be employed before 2021!

3. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Right on!!! Congrats! Long time coming.

woodysone and cchu518 like this.
  4. cchu518

Mar 6, 2013
    What an odd year man!

woodysone and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  5. Deinos

Feb 7, 2016
    Love it! (Also... totally voted early :))

cchu518 and woodysone like this.
  6. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Congrates man, hopefully it will bring happiness and peace.

Deinos and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  7. cchu518

Mar 6, 2013
    Good job!
    Thanks, having the bills covered is always a good thing!

Sharp & Fiery, woodysone and Deinos like this.
  8. cchu518

Mar 6, 2013
    Man, if I had known it was provisional paper voting, I would have just mailed it in!

bikerector and woodysone like this.
  9. The Amazing Virginian

The Amazing Virginian Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Congrats!

BTW, I KNOW you like good pizza, and I found a pretty legit AVPN pizza restaurant here in the DMV and picked up a pizza Margherita from there after voting today . . . It was molto bene! So I win today no matter what!

Pizza Box.jpg

Deinos, Sharp & Fiery and woodysone like this.
  10. Deinos

Feb 7, 2016
    That sounds delicious! I had some mediocre pizza, but really good bourbon, last night :D

bikerector and woodysone like this.
  11. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Really enjoying the cooler, but not cold, weather lately. Looking forward to getting the holidays out of the way this weekend as the wife and I are hiding out this winter for exciting reasons.

Good luck on the interviews @cchu518, I'm sure you're going to do well. Don't forget to interview them to make sure you avoid more toxic company culture. I'm convinced that if I interview again I'm going to ask to speak with people who would be my peers if I got the role so that I could try to get past the showmanship that hiring and interviewing seems to be. As they say, the best way to know how good a leader/manager is, is to talk with their direct reports.

Anyone carrying anything new and exciting in their pockets? I've really slowed down trying new knives, lights, bags, etc. this year but I traded into a lionsteel SR2 recently and I'm really enjoying having a classier looking folder for work again. I've been carrying a protech TR2 much of the summer and rotated to the native 5 again as that's what I carry in my work vest when the temps are cool enough for it. Mixed in with some small fixed blades and slipjoints of course.

WValtakis, David Mary and woodysone like this.
  12. David Mary

David Mary Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    Seconded!

How about that - we have a place here called Bourbon Street Pizza! Their pie simply rocks.

woodysone and Deinos like this.
  13. Deinos

Feb 7, 2016
    Excited to hear about your hiding out reasons at some point!

Been on a fixed blade and pack tear over the course of this whole pandemic thing.. don't even want to talk about the numbers...:eek::confused:o_O

Some highlights... Mudbug, Joe Loui Chico midtech, Carothers DEK1, Beer and Sausage Knife, XM 18 Skinny 3.5, Cross Mini Muk, AKC Compact Forest, Adventure Sworn Custom Classic... Nabbed some Hidden Woodsmen gear as well.

Going to be putting up some sales to offset the glut soon... oy.

14. Deinos

Feb 7, 2016
    Our town is filled to the brim with great pizza spots... I love my wife... but she is not the most reliable when it comes to choosing one of them;)

woodysone likes this.
  15. The Amazing Virginian

The Amazing Virginian Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Praytell, what bourbon did you imbibe?

woodysone likes this.
  16. Deinos

Feb 7, 2016
    Nothing too crazy...finished off some Woodford Double Oaked :thumbsup:

woodysone likes this.
  17. cchu518

Mar 6, 2013
    For me it's been a steady rotation of a Gerber US1 and LST which are basically the same knife, Native 5 lw, PM3 LW, Manix LW, Baby Jess Horn and MD Dogtooth. I ended up selling my latest CRK, it was probably the best do it all if I had to own only 1 knife. But ultimately I felt that it fell short in that I've never managed to keep or use any knife with a metal handle. The little copper matrix notwithstanding.

I've been playing paintball nearly every weekend though and it's help me stay active and I used the cash from the CRK to pickup a mechanical paintball gun which I love bs my other electro gun. The cooler temps are a great season for paintball too!

18. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Settling into the new place here, the garage and basement setup is WAY more conducive to knocking out projects now that I'm getting set up:D

Last night's FrankenMar;)

20201105_004543.jpg

19. HwangJino

HwangJino

Dec 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Coyja likes this.
  20. Coyja

Coyja Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Been away from the forum for a time, and finally have a week off since the beginning of the pandemic.

Been trying to get back into GEC and the market is nuts. Managed to make some trades and have some interesting stuff coming in (Beer and Sausage, Lonestar 35, custom handled 71), but it’s clear it’s going to be a bear getting hands on new releases for awhile. The no more SFO thing is a bummer, but also might help some if they can just focus on the GEC models.

But def swinging back to traditionals, only have a few Bugouts and a couple Taiwanese folders left otherwise. Funny to see the changes in taste I’ve had since joining BF that’s now coming full circle again.