1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Members Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by KiwiBloke, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Curt Hal

Curt Hal Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 8, 2014
    O
    h no, the dreaded Chibson. That sucks! Do you like it, at least?

garry3 and KiwiBloke like this.
  2. KiwiBloke

KiwiBloke

Oct 2, 2018
    h
    Honestly it looks amazing but plays terrible. All the parts feel and sound cheap. Would be perfect for a music video or like I said display at a bar on the wall etc

garry3 and phantomknives like this.
  3. KiwiBloke

KiwiBloke

Oct 2, 2018
    Some things to show you guys..

I know you will love this one - Forest King axe in original packaging.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. KiwiBloke

KiwiBloke

Oct 2, 2018
    Abe in NZ..who woulda thought?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. KiwiBloke

KiwiBloke

Oct 2, 2018
    Some of you would remember my Elwell 6lb I got some time ago..finally got her hung!

[​IMG]

garry3, rjdankert, Travbud1 and 4 others like this.
  6. KiwiBloke

KiwiBloke

Oct 2, 2018
    NOS HB turpentine pattern. 4lb, has red epoxy eye. Has the 'Hults Bruk Aby' stamp which suggests was an old head at the factory which they painted and rebranded as an Agdor.

[​IMG]

Square_peg, Agent_H, garry3 and 6 others like this.
  7. KiwiBloke

KiwiBloke

Oct 2, 2018
    Will post more soon have a few other new toys :)

8. Fmont

Fmont Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Apropos of nothing, a couple weeks a go I had a deer hit me. Less than a week ago got the car back from body shop, wasn't even done since they messed up the electrical system.

Tonight a drunk driver rear ended my *parked* car. I think it's gonna be totalled. He hit with enough speed he pushed my car forward about 25', and his airbag went off. Apparently he was passed out. Then saw him fail the field sobriety test and put him in cuffs. Very out of the blue, this life shit. Looks like I'll be back in a rental for the foreseeable future. Ughhh

9. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Man that sucks! Hopefully you'll be able to recoup all your money. Let's hope he has insurance...
    About 10 years ago I built a really stout small building over someone's hand dug well about 30' from RT.1 in Maine. 2"x6" construction and very well insulated. It could be heated with two light bulbs in winter to keep their extra paint from freezing. I think it was 8'x6'. Basically a tiny house. Anyway it was Halloween about noontime and some drunk @sshole in a mini van went off the road down the street. Jumped a driveway, ran over two junipers, jumped their driveway and plowed through this building. It had a Dodge caravan shaped hole through it by the time I got there. Guy didn't have insurance. I could barely salvage anything so I built em a new one. They could've used their homeowner's insurance I think I remember but they didn't want their premiums to go up. I have pictures somewhere but it was so long ago I think I've lost them. Like 4 phones ago I think!
    That's horrible fmont and hopefully you'll be up and running in no time! Hopefully you didn't have any precious tools in the trunk??? Please tell me no!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    ithinkverydeeply, A17, Fmont and 2 others like this.
  10. Fmont

Apr 20, 2017
    Thanks YJ, I appreciate the kind words. I'm sure everything will come up Milhouse. Insurance will cover it and the rental. Worst case I have to sue the guy for the deductable. Gonna take up a lot of time, but gotta roll with the punches.

Yankee Josh, ithinkverydeeply and A17 like this.
  11. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
    That's terrific! Thanks for the photos.

KiwiBloke and ithinkverydeeply like this.
  12. KiwiBloke

KiwiBloke

Oct 2, 2018
    I love how it has the various manufacturers on the bottom!

garry3 and ithinkverydeeply like this.
  13. ithinkverydeeply

ithinkverydeeply Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2018
    I’ve been enjoying the 1953 Pictorial History of the Automobile.
    [​IMG]
    A hatchet or small axe was on the essential tools list.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One of the funniest things are the garments for driving.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is that squirrel fur coat for an astonishing $85 in 1904.
    [​IMG]

14. garry3

garry3

Sep 11, 2012
    Them CAC hatchets are amazing, I would love to have one.

15. Fmont

Apr 20, 2017
    Umbrella rain coat girl from 1904 is straight terrifying.

16. ithinkverydeeply

ithinkverydeeply Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2018
    LoL. Right. How bout the Pleasures of Automobiling ad that talks about “makes zero weather pleasant.” and shows the guy with not a scrap of skin showing.

Miller '72, Yankee Josh and Agent_H like this.
  17. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Lol. A couple of those in that last add might be a bad choice during hunting season...

This one, on the other hand, would make a great forum avatar picture...
    [​IMG]

18. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013

*Because there is an axe on the album cover.

KiwiBloke, Fmont, junkenstien and 4 others like this.
  19. Whiskey_Jim

Whiskey_Jim

Feb 21, 2017
    I'm whiskey jim

Fmont and KiwiBloke like this.
  20. rjdankert

rjdankert Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2011
    *Because my grandson (Sam) is an axe collector. ;)

I have six grandchildren, including two boys: Sam and Jake. The boys are now 18 and 19 years old. Sam is the youngest of the two. I got the two boys their first pocket knives about 10 years ago. Here is Sam with his new knife:

[​IMG]

The next year I got each boy a new hatchet. Of course they were both thrilled - the parents not so much :eek:. I thought it was my duty as a grandfather to get them started early, right?

A few years later I put together a couple of full size axes with vintage American steel:thumbsup: for each.

Currently, Sam has an axe collection of 10 other axes. Here is a picture from last year of him with one of them:

[​IMG]

:D:D:D

Sam, grandpa loves you buddy!

Bob