The Traveling Spyderco Delica. . .

StuntDouble StuntDouble
IIRC Cam was gifted to a Crew member of the movie set and he sold her on the FS section.
I bought her to be a Beater/Project knife. And she served me well.

Cam went through a Ferric Chloride acid dip and

RIT dye pattern like my cat.

1BrO1iSm.jpg

I never thought Cam would become a celebrity traveling the country.

Aha! Well that explains it!

I'll have a few more pics posted tomorrow. I was in a rush this morning, and Cam got left home for the day. I'm sure he was looking for a break.

As they say, a day late, and a dollar short. Cam hasn't seen a whole lot of use these past few days. Yet again, I haven't had much in the way of cutting chores to do. We did get to go to a minor league baseball game last weekend though.

3X0geDm.jpg

We don't have any major sports teams nearby, but we're just over an hour away from Perdue Stadium, home of the Delmarva Shorebirds. This past Saturday was the second time we'd seen them play this summer, and they were both really good games. The first game we went to, the Shorebirds were up, it was the bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, 2 strikes. The last swing of the game, the guy broke his bat and got a homerun. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I might not like watching baseball on tv, but I do enjoy a good live game.

aNqLxGb.jpg

zeKe8wG.jpg

My wife got her hands on about 5lbs of shrimp Friday afternoon, so we decided to have a shrimp boil on Sunday. Cam helped cut up the sausage and potatoes, and got a little bit of food stuck between his teeth. A quick brushing got that smile nice and bright again.

MoI3ef3.jpg

There are few foods I enjoy more than steamed shrimp, and these came out perfectly. We decided to season the shrimp a couple hours ahead of time, and man, did it ever make the difference. They were so good, I've been tempted to grab a couple more pounds for this weekend.

So, that's been it so far for this week. Hopefully we'll get a chance to go on a couple more adventures before Cam's time on the Eastern Shore of Va is up.

The past week and a half has been hellishly hot, so I haven't been up to too much. Cam did see a little bit of use though.

dLlEpC6.jpg

We use PVC cylinders with different sized Nytex screens to hold clams in our tanks, and every now and then they get damaged and need to be replaced. I'll just make a slice through the middle to one side, and it makes it a lot easier to remove the screens so we can regrind the cylinders. Of course these things have been sitting in salt water for weeks, so they're pretty dirty by the time they come out. By the time I was done cutting the couple dozen screens, the edge was wrecked. So, it was back to the sandpaper and Sharpmaker.

riXFLac.jpg

44HcwXx.jpg

About 10 minutes, and the edge was cleaned up and shaving sharp again. It's not quite a mirror polish, but then again, I don't think that high of a polish is necessary. It can push cut credit card statements, which is more than good enough for me.

Tonight, the wife and I are going to a seafood festival, so Cam might just come in handy getting stubborn crab meat out of its shell.

Yesterday afternoon the wife and I went to the Crab Crackin' Festival, an event held by the Virginia Historical Society to raise money for the restoration of a local hardware store. It was an afternoon full of beer, music, and of course, food!

pzUfarI.jpg

I didn't think to bring our crab picks with us, so Cam came in handy when I needed to remove a stubborn piece of crab meat from the shell. After all that pickin', Cam was in dire need of a bath. A little soap and water, and now he only faintly smells like Old Bay seasoning.

Hey guys, sorry about the absence. It's pretty easy to let time get away from you. I still can't believe it's already been over a week!

Cam hasn't had a whole lot to do lately. He's mostly been riding along in my pocket, waiting for something to cut. Seems when you have a knife, all your problems are Ziploc.

He did come in handy this evening though. A few weeks ago, we finally burned the pile of brush in our back field. After all the ash was gone, we figured we'd try our hand at making a fire pit. We also had a small hole that needed to be filled in the back yard, so it was a two birds with one stone type of situation. I dug a small pit, and then my wife lined it with some random rocks and bricks that we had on the property. It's not pretty, but it will work for now.

lp31BEw.jpg

Of course, the problem is that everything needs to be cut to fit in the pit now. We can't just pile limbs and branches up with no regards to size or placement, and light them up. So, Cam gave me a hand cutting up the first branch, to allow it to fit in the pit.

D0WDWKV.jpg

I've shied away from serrations in previous years, but lately I've come to appreciate them. I might not want them on all my knives, but they do have their place. Like in separating part of a tree branch. I'd whittle halfway through the wood, then bend the branch, hoping to break it. It wouldn't always work, and sometime the bark would hold things up. So, I'd just put the serrated section of the edge up against the bark, and pull, like I was cutting a rope. It worked magnificently.

4nfwZ6O.jpg

A few minutes later, and small branch was even smaller, and fit right in our pit. Though he worked rather well, next time I might just use the saw to cut the pieces to size first.

Absolutely fantastic posts!

It is time for him to move on.

Where will he be going?

Well, that's up to YOU!

That's right fellow forumites--Cam needs a new host!

Who is going to step up and show him a good time?

Email me with your deets at mostmenareruthless@gmail.com and let's get Cam moving along!

What a great idea but also what a sad commentary on society...it’s sad to think that even on an enthusiast forum like this there are people who would take advantage of something like this and steal from others.

Having said that, I’d be willing to give cam and temporary home for a bit. I’d take good care of him and promise to pass him on again and not try stealing or selling him. I’m in MA, not sure if he’s been to New England yet?

it’s sad to think that even on an enthusiast forum like this there are people who would take advantage of something like this and steal from others.

You read the whole thread.:cool:
And now your hosting Cam.:D

kingston73–it would be Cam’s honor to join you in the wonderful New England area. Please email me your shipping information: mostmenareruthless@gmail.com

Did you get my email?

You read the whole thread.:cool:
And now your hosting Cam.:D

Read the whole thing and looking forward to hosting Cam. Lately I’ve been carrying a Benchmade 698 which is a great little knife but it’s got a thick blade so it’s not a great slicer.

Folks, we need to keep Cam busy for at least another year.
I’m moving next summer and want to host him again. I’d love to show him around my new neighborhood once I get there.

Absolutely fantastic posts!

It is time for him to move on.

Where will he be going?

Well, that's up to YOU!

That's right fellow forumites--Cam needs a new host!

Who is going to step up and show him a good time?

Email me with your deets at mostmenareruthless@gmail.com and let's get Cam moving along!

Hey MMAR,
I would be glad to be a tour guide for cam in the near future. Cam can spend some time in sin city Las Vegas as I did not see Vegas on the already visited places. All I do is Delica and para 3’s so cam will have familiar family members during his short visit. I will email you soon.

One suggestion maybe to consider as a host requirement is the member should have a couple years as an active member? Sad to see the list of replacements on the first page.

Back