1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Traveling Spyderco Delica. . .

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by MostMenAreRuthless, Aug 12, 2016.

1. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Holy shish-ka-bob Batman! This thread is still going? Man has that little Spydie seen some places and use!

uxo2 likes this.
  2. Megawatt308

Megawatt308 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2013
    I wonder where on the “next host” list we are at. I thru my name in for a Las Vegas visit.

uxo2 likes this.
  3. MostMenAreRuthless

MostMenAreRuthless

Sep 27, 2011
    SpyderGents. . . Cam will soon be on his way to his next host in SIN CITY! Megawatt308 will be taking him on many adventures in the land of "what happens here, stays here!"

Thanks to all our previous hosts who have shown Cam a good time. This is on the original post, but I thought I would put a recap here. Once he lands in Vegas I will update the OP accordingly.

Itinerary for Cam:
    Origination in Southern, CA
    Polynikes01; Coos Bay, OR; 891 Miles
    Gary W. Graley; Painted Post, NY; 2860 Miles
    ahoward2k; Justin, TX; 1506 Miles
    Glock Guy; Bismarck, ND; 1105 Miles
    4mer_FMF; San Diego, CA; 1645 Miles
    DustinY; Safford, AZ; 535 Miles
    RipD; Portland, OR; 1431 Miles
    zemogKA; Westminster, CO; 1244 Miles
    stuntdouble; Exmore, VA; 1813 Miles
    kingston73; Blackstone, MA; 496 Miles
    Total Miles Traveled: 13,529

As a reminder--if you would like to host Cam, please email me at mostmenareruthless AT gmail and I will add you into the queue. Thanks for watching!

Filoso, 4mer_FMF and uxo2 like this.
  4. kingston73

kingston73 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2013
    I’ll be shipping tomorrow so he should land in Vegas by Friday.

uxo2 likes this.
  5. Megawatt308

Dec 15, 2013
    Ahh cool, I will keep an eye out. I will be camping Thursday and Friday so I will pick up cam on Saturday. I have some photo ops in mind for cam. High on the list is a pic of cam and Elvis on the strip.

4mer_FMF, uxo2 and MostMenAreRuthless like this.
  6. Megawatt308

Dec 15, 2013
    Ok. Cam is in the house. He arrived safe and sound. 6 postcards and someone took the time to form cut the foam pillow to hold him secure as he gets mailed to his destinations. People come to sin city for vacation and fun so I will take him around to see the sights, stay tuned.

7. Megawatt308

Dec 15, 2013
    So cam went on a bike ride about 300 miles today. First stop was Death Valley.
    [​IMG]

Then over to badwater basin inside Death Valley. I believe it is the lowest spot in the US. Cam is on top of the sign. Notice the elevation number is BELOW sea level. It will help to set up the next pic.
    [​IMG]

I put a red arrow to the sign that reads “sea level” up on the cliff to give you an idea of where sea level is in comparison. You will have to zoom into the pic to read the sign.
    [​IMG]

I was gonna take cam to a chicken ranch or cat house you may call it. But I wasn’t sure how old cam is, so I skipped Sherries chicken ranch.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    kingston73, gotgoat, 4mer_FMF and 4 others like this.
  8. Megawatt308

Dec 15, 2013
    Today is a stay at home no sightseeing day off so cam jumped at some work on his vacation. 1.5” T bone to snack on. Already cutoff the other half before I though about the forum pic. It was a beautiful piece of steak.

[​IMG]

kingston73, 4mer_FMF, uxo2 and 3 others like this.
  9. Megawatt308

Dec 15, 2013
    Cam has been well used and taken care of by his past hosts. He teeth were sharp and ready for business when he arrived. Today, my wife wanted her kitchen knives touched up so I dragged out the wicked edge system and decided to give cam a slight spa treatment after I finished the cutlery.

The sharpie and angle block revealed cam had a 20 degree angle per side so I followed that angle. No regrinding or reprofiling just quick 5 minute touch up. I only used 400 and 600 diamond stones and didn’t touch the serrations. Not after a mirror edge and no stropping or diamond paste used. He is scary sharp now.

[​IMG]

kingston73, StuntDouble, uxo2 and 2 others like this.
  10. MostMenAreRuthless

MostMenAreRuthless

Sep 27, 2011
    Great pics and solid adventures so far!

RipD and uxo2 like this.
  11. StuntDouble

StuntDouble

Apr 26, 2004
    20 degrees per side? Sounds like I was more precise than I thought when I reprofiled Cam. I wanted to go thinner, but Cam's getting a little wide in the waist.

What are the temps there in Death Valley this time of the year? Still unbearably hot, or just uncomfortably hot?

That T-Bone is making me even hungrier than I already am.

uxo2 likes this.
  12. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Cam has been getting the " Star" treatment ever since she hit the road.:D:D:D:D

Gary W. Graley likes this.
  13. Megawatt308

Dec 15, 2013
    Death Valley was upper 80’s when I rode thru This weekend. Cam is a stout blade, I know what your talking about when you say a little wide at the waste. A lot of my Delicas are 17-18 degrees but I just wanted to touch him up. He was in good shape to start with. I had to angle the Tbone pic so you couldn’t see the half I already ate before thinking about the pic.

Damm! Have I been calling her a him all this time? I thought cam was a him? Can we get a ruling on this from the family? Ha ha ha

More pics on Thursday. And get on the host list. Cam will be targeted to leave sin city at the end of the month.

uxo2 likes this.
  14. Megawatt308

Dec 15, 2013
    Todays destination was the welcome to fabulous LV sign. Most people think there is only one sign but there are actually three of them around the city.​

I am still keeping an eye out for an authentic looking Elvis but there was a fat Elvis by the sign so he managed to find himself in the pic. I would rate him as a 4 because he had a guitar but there are better Elvi out and about. Here is a twofer one pic today.

[​IMG]

15. kingston73

Oct 14, 2013
    Great pictures, glad cam made it to you safely. I’ve said it before, this is the best thread on this forum!

16. uxo2

Oct 3, 2013
    Even after the first 2 went MIA which resulted in members calling out for help to get Mod intervention which resulted in one Delica recovered and retired while the other remains stolen.

This thread is still running :D

17. kingston73

Oct 14, 2013
    I still can’t believe that happened, it’s a sad commentary on our society.

18. Megawatt308

Dec 15, 2013
    Ok, today is a rare day off for me so I asked Cam if he wanted to ride a 311hp turbo bike. He was in my pocket and not on the handle bars as in the pic.

[​IMG]

Nevada doesn’t have lotto so I have to ride 35 miles to CA or 40 miles to Arizona. So along the way to Arizona is Boulder City the town that resulted from building boulder dam. If your into mountain biking you may of heard of Bootleg Canyon trails (it’s a big deal). So I made a stop for cam.

[​IMG]

BilboBaggins, uxo2 and kingston73 like this.
  19. uxo2

Oct 3, 2013
    Damm.....
    First Cam took a ride on a restored CX500.

Now a Turbo Busa :D

Megawatt308 likes this.
  20. kingston73

Oct 14, 2013
    I’m betting he went faster on your busa than he was going on my ancient cx! Nice pictures and nice bike.

Megawatt308 likes this.