The Traveling Spyderco Delica. . .

Holy shish-ka-bob Batman! This thread is still going? Man has that little Spydie seen some places and use!

I'm waiting to hear from the OP where to send Cam next. I got a new knife and them started carrying my pm2 so cams been waiting to go to his next adventure.

I wonder where on the “next host” list we are at. I thru my name in for a Las Vegas visit.

SpyderGents. . . Cam will soon be on his way to his next host in SIN CITY! Megawatt308 will be taking him on many adventures in the land of "what happens here, stays here!"

Thanks to all our previous hosts who have shown Cam a good time. This is on the original post, but I thought I would put a recap here. Once he lands in Vegas I will update the OP accordingly.

Itinerary for Cam:
Origination in Southern, CA
Polynikes01; Coos Bay, OR; 891 Miles
Gary W. Graley; Painted Post, NY; 2860 Miles
ahoward2k; Justin, TX; 1506 Miles
Glock Guy; Bismarck, ND; 1105 Miles
4mer_FMF; San Diego, CA; 1645 Miles
DustinY; Safford, AZ; 535 Miles
RipD; Portland, OR; 1431 Miles
zemogKA; Westminster, CO; 1244 Miles
stuntdouble; Exmore, VA; 1813 Miles
kingston73; Blackstone, MA; 496 Miles
Total Miles Traveled: 13,529

As a reminder--if you would like to host Cam, please email me at mostmenareruthless AT gmail and I will add you into the queue. Thanks for watching!

Ok. Cam is in the house. He arrived safe and sound. 6 postcards and someone took the time to form cut the foam pillow to hold him secure as he gets mailed to his destinations. People come to sin city for vacation and fun so I will take him around to see the sights, stay tuned.

So cam went on a bike ride about 300 miles today. First stop was Death Valley.
65zr6b.jpg

Then over to badwater basin inside Death Valley. I believe it is the lowest spot in the US. Cam is on top of the sign. Notice the elevation number is BELOW sea level. It will help to set up the next pic.
ajl1mo.jpg

I put a red arrow to the sign that reads “sea level” up on the cliff to give you an idea of where sea level is in comparison. You will have to zoom into the pic to read the sign.
16j2d09.jpg

I was gonna take cam to a chicken ranch or cat house you may call it. But I wasn’t sure how old cam is, so I skipped Sherries chicken ranch.

Last edited:
Cam has been well used and taken care of by his past hosts. He teeth were sharp and ready for business when he arrived. Today, my wife wanted her kitchen knives touched up so I dragged out the wicked edge system and decided to give cam a slight spa treatment after I finished the cutlery.

The sharpie and angle block revealed cam had a 20 degree angle per side so I followed that angle. No regrinding or reprofiling just quick 5 minute touch up. I only used 400 and 600 diamond stones and didn’t touch the serrations. Not after a mirror edge and no stropping or diamond paste used. He is scary sharp now.

2vx3jo7.jpg

20 degrees per side? Sounds like I was more precise than I thought when I reprofiled Cam. I wanted to go thinner, but Cam's getting a little wide in the waist.

What are the temps there in Death Valley this time of the year? Still unbearably hot, or just uncomfortably hot?

That T-Bone is making me even hungrier than I already am.

20 degrees per side? Sounds like I was more precise than I thought when I reprofiled Cam. I wanted to go thinner, but Cam's getting a little wide in the waist.

What are the temps there in Death Valley this time of the year? Still unbearably hot, or just uncomfortably hot?

That T-Bone is making me even hungrier than I already am.

Death Valley was upper 80’s when I rode thru This weekend. Cam is a stout blade, I know what your talking about when you say a little wide at the waste. A lot of my Delicas are 17-18 degrees but I just wanted to touch him up. He was in good shape to start with. I had to angle the Tbone pic so you couldn’t see the half I already ate before thinking about the pic.

Cam has been getting the " Star" treatment ever since she hit the road.:D:D:D:D

Damm! Have I been calling her a him all this time? I thought cam was a him? Can we get a ruling on this from the family? Ha ha ha

More pics on Thursday. And get on the host list. Cam will be targeted to leave sin city at the end of the month.

Todays destination was the welcome to fabulous LV sign. Most people think there is only one sign but there are actually three of them around the city.​

I am still keeping an eye out for an authentic looking Elvis but there was a fat Elvis by the sign so he managed to find himself in the pic. I would rate him as a 4 because he had a guitar but there are better Elvi out and about. Here is a twofer one pic today.

j5yutf.jpg

Great pictures, glad cam made it to you safely. I’ve said it before, this is the best thread on this forum!

Great pictures, glad cam made it to you safely. I’ve said it before, this is the best thread on this forum!

Even after the first 2 went MIA which resulted in members calling out for help to get Mod intervention which resulted in one Delica recovered and retired while the other remains stolen.

This thread is still running :D

Ok, today is a rare day off for me so I asked Cam if he wanted to ride a 311hp turbo bike. He was in my pocket and not on the handle bars as in the pic.

iwu3ht.jpg

Nevada doesn’t have lotto so I have to ride 35 miles to CA or 40 miles to Arizona. So along the way to Arizona is Boulder City the town that resulted from building boulder dam. If your into mountain biking you may of heard of Bootleg Canyon trails (it’s a big deal). So I made a stop for cam.

23ksnrt.jpg

Back