The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get enough support behind it, we might be able to get the first ever serrated BF knife! Whooooeeee!
wExlu8z.jpg
Cool!

But let's kill two birds with one stone : go for a BREAD KNIFE that way we cover the Fixed Blade base too 🙊🪵

Yeah!!!! Now we just need some mockups and we can put it to the vote.

The white delrin covers on the Schrade 175 are also pretty cool and classic. White delrin. Mmm. Let’s add it to the vote too.

Thanks to all who track the endless Flipper list!!:rolleyes:
A scourge on the planet, and I wish a POX upon them!!:mad:

I accidentally 'flipped' a forum knife several years ago. I wanted to trade it for another knife of comparable value, but you don't get much traction in the trade forum, so I listed it for "sale or trade" in the sale forum and asked what I thought was such a stupid high price no one would buy it.
Sold that day I think. Couldn't believe it.
So now I just keep both.

May as well point out that the last forum knives I saw flipped by them on their eBay page were purchased after the fact here in the exchange....

So being excluded from the initial sale doesn’t mean people like this won’t still do it.

(search for user pontooncapt on eBay to see all the GEC flipping Behr95 likes to

Last edited:
You wouldn’t be telling a man what he can and can’t do with his own property, would you?
He kinda did, and in all honesty, he wasn’t wrong to do so.
A lot of people are going out of their way to provide members with an exclusive folder and you’re over here defecating all over their hard work.
As far as I see it, members can either show respect and follow a few simple rules, or leave.

You wouldn’t be telling a man what he can and can’t do with his own property, would you?
Your right, I can not tell you do anything with something that belongs to you. However I CAN give my opinion on your despicable actions. Checking your profile shows you joined in 2018,well so did I. Since 2018 you have made just over 200 posts in total, in almost the same time I've posted 3,522 times. Of those 3,522 times I've maybe posted less than 10 times outside this subforum. Seems you only view the forums as a place to make a profit,whereas the rest of us see a place to share a common hobby and make friends. You are nothing more than a parasite only interested in profiteering, as such you are most unwelcome here in my opinion.

He kinda did, and in all honesty, he wasn’t wrong to do so.
A lot of people are going out of their way to provide members with an exclusive folder and you’re over here defecating all over their hard work.
As far as I see it, members can either show respect and follow a few simple rules, or leave.
Your right, I can not tell you do anything with something that belongs to you. However I CAN give my opinion on your despicable actions. Checking your profile shows you joined in 2018,well so did I. Since 2018 you have made just over 200 posts in total, in almost the same time I've posted 3,522 times. Of those 3,522 times I've maybe posted less than 10 times outside this subforum. Seems you only view the forums as a place to make a profit,whereas the rest of us see a place to share a common hobby and make friends. You are nothing more than a parasite only interested in profiteering, as such you are most unwelcome here in my
Your right, I can not tell you do anything with something that belongs to you. However I CAN give my opinion on your despicable actions. Checking your profile shows you joined in 2018,well so did I. Since 2018 you have made just over 200 posts in total, in almost the same time I've posted 3,522 times. Of those 3,522 times I've maybe posted less than 10 times outside this subforum. Seems you only view the forums as a place to make a profit,whereas the rest of us see a place to share a common hobby and make friends. You are nothing more than a parasite only interested in profiteering, as such you are most unwelcome here in my opinio
Your right, I can not tell you do anything with something that belongs to you. However I CAN give my opinion on your despicable actions. Checking your profile shows you joined in 2018,well so did I. Since 2018 you have made just over 200 posts in total, in almost the same time I've posted 3,522 times. Of those 3,522 times I've maybe posted less than 10 times outside this subforum. Seems you only view the forums as a place to make a profit,whereas the rest of us see a place to share a common hobby and make friends. You are nothing more than a parasite only interested in profiteering, as such you are most unwelcome here in my opinion.
I’m the proud owner of every forum knife since 2018... even have multiple 301’s. All I can say is that this is an expensive hobby and I can’t keep them all. I understand the forum knife has a special meaning, but I really don’t think selling 1 knife you have multiples of justifies name calling and piling on.

I’m the proud owner of every forum knife since 2018... even have multiple 301’s. All I can say is that this is an expensive hobby and I can’t keep them all. I understand the forum knife has a special meaning, but I really don’t think selling 1 knife you have multiples of justifies name calling and piling on.
If you don’t have any hand in developing this knife for this forum, you shouldn’t be profiting off of it in any way, period.
Multiple members here are collaborating to bring this piece to the masses here without making a thin dime, so we should all be thankful by enjoying it, not profiting off of it.

I don’t see how this could be so hard to understand.

You can sell the forum knife. I’ve bought one from a highly regarded fellow member here. It was at cost or less, because she wanted to move it on and gave me a great opportunity. No one has a problem with that. Making money on the labor of others is frowned on.

I have a question ...Why if it is such an expensive hobby would you buy multiples that you know you cant keep?
In 2018 I was going through a very bleak and forbidding chapter in my life ...The Porch is one of the few pleasures that was not taken from me. I bought 2 TC Barlows I keep one and I GAVE the other away on the Porch at the outset of the global pandemic some years later.....see the difference? One is porchy one is flippy.
No one should be telling anyone else what to do with their personal belongings....but it does happen believe me..
I guess the moral is
that just because you CAN do something it doesn't always mean you SHOULD.

At the risk of "piling on" I'll point out that you were perfectly aware you're on the no-fly list, when you posted this:
Looks awesome... in for 2.

I
At the risk of "piling on" I'll point out that you were perfectly aware you're on the no-fly list, when you posted this:

I was not aware... I purchased the one last year with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back