The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Good info"
"Thanks for posting this"
"I love 86's"
"Forum Knife Good"
"grunt grumble grunt"
I ain’t buying that knife, just watching.
I posted the screen shot above as it’s a relevant message,,,, are you angry?

Looks awesome... in for 2.
Love the 86
Appreciate the info
Excellent point
"Good info"
"Thanks for posting this"
"I love 86's"
"Forum Knife Good"
"grunt grumble grunt"
I ain’t buying that knife, just watching.
I posted the screen shot above as it’s a relevant message,,,, are you angry?

nope- angry because someone's flipping it on the electronic bay, and trying to be funny.

nope- angry because someone's flipping it on the electronic bay, and trying to be funny.
I see. Since the discussion was about flipping, I’d posted the screen shot. I thought you were angry, coz you posted an angry emoji to my message.
Thanks

Last edited:
I see. Since the discussion was about flipping, I posted the screen shot.
I thought you were angry, (coz you posted an angry smiley to my message)
Thanks
I see the ambiguity there. This new format will require some additional savoir faire.
Regarding the electronic bay post, I was angry about the content you were revealing, not the post you were making.
"angry" is probably too broad a term. is there a "miffed" option?

You'd mentioned you were trying to keep your nose clean so you could get the forum knife (laudable rationale).
Our friend Behr95 looked like he was also worried about not being able to get the forum knife. I was just poking fun at him.

I see the ambiguity there. This new format will require some additional savoir faire.
Regarding the electronic bay post, I was angry about the content you were revealing, not the post you were making.
"angry" is probably too broad a term. is there a "miffed" option?

You'd mentioned you were trying to keep your nose clean so you could get the forum knife (laudable rationale).
our friend Behr95 was doing the same thing. I was just poking fun at him.
I replied in jest to r8shell’s message, that’s it.
I have no problems here, we’re good!

I am pretty sure that I am on the bad grammar list! 🙀
Yeah, but your mutual love of sparkly handle material probably nets you some grace.
I replied in jest to r8shell’s message, that’s it.
I have no problems here, we’re good!
That angry emoji is because I'm angry that I can't be angry.
(Edit: please note, this was a joke, too.)

Last edited:
Ok, I know that I will piss off a lot of members here but why is everyone upset about flippers? We are not talking about a limited number of forum knives, like a run of 250 knives and no more to be made but the quanity is determined by the amount ordered ahead of time. If someone buys 2 knives and flips them for a profit isn’t that just capitalism? They didn’t prevent someone else for placing an order and getting themselves a forum knife.

I guess in this case when the quantity of knives is dependent on the original order and not some predetermined quantity set by the manufacturer that flipping some knives is no big deal. As a country we embrace capitalism but now with a forum knife it is vilified?

I guess I am missing something.

I am not trying to piss anyone off but I am sure that I just did.

Ok, I know that I will piss off a lot of members here but why is everyone upset about flippers? We are not talking about a limited number of forum knives, like a run of 250 knives and no more to be made but the quanity is determined by the amount ordered ahead of time. If someone buys 2 knives and flips them for a profit isn’t that just capitalism? They didn’t prevent someone else for placing an order and getting themselves a forum knife.

I guess in this case when the quantity of knives is dependent on the original order and not some predetermined quantity set by the manufacturer that flipping some knives is no big deal. As a country we embrace capitalism but now with a forum knife it is vilified?

I guess I am missing something.

I am not trying to piss anyone off but I am sure that I just did.
Most of the distaste for flipping the forum knife is that the people that make it happen are volunteering their time and no one that is involved with the project are allowed to profit from it (even when a dealer does the distribution). So it bothers people that others look at the BF knife solely for the purpose of making some scratch.

I would go so far as to say that a forum knife (at least one made by GEC) would not happen at all, if the owner of BF and GEC were viewing it as a for profit venture.

Last edited:
There is an entire thread in Good Bad and Ugly about flippers and forum knives..... no need to turn this thread into a flipper bashing fest.

Last edited:
Most of the distaste for flipping the forum knife is that the people that make it happen are volunteering their time and no one that is involved with the project are allowed to profit from it (even when a dealer does the distribution). So it bothers people that others look at the BF knife solely for the purpose of making some scratch.
This is factual, and it's been this way since the beginning of the Traditional Forum knife. It's the reason for the concern about flippers.
To use a sometimes trite phrase, the forum knife is a labor of love, and we do our best to track and disqualify those who abuse the intent of the project .
There is an entire thread in Good Bad and Ugly about flippers and forum knife s..... no need to turn this thread into a flipper bashing fest.

I agree with this. There's a better place to discuss flipping.

Last edited:
Alright, I’ve already deleted that screen shot.
haha I was joking with you! don't take me so seriously, my friend.

Ok, I know that I will piss off a lot of members here but why is everyone upset about flippers?
LastRodeo LastRodeo nailed it, as far as the forum knife is concerned. Can't stop someone from flipping a knife, but you can prevent them from abusing the blade forums' generosity.
Flipping isn't illegal, but we all have our own ethical standards which hold us more accountable than laws.
Fixall Fixall has a thread in GBU that goes extensively into the subject, which we probably can't do here.
All that being said, I think in this case it's really a sign of appreciation for the forum and the people who work to make this place better and more interesting by working gratis for a forum knife.

Edit: E Elgatodeacero 's post just showed up. That's the one I was referring to.

At the price they are bidding for, no wonder...that is incredible...

As much as this may irk some people, I'd rather focus on getting the knife to begin with :D

Easyrider Easyrider 's new nickname is "Sparkles"

We have "Hollywood" (Aka CelloDan CelloDan ), too.
:D :thumbsup:
28neAqJ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back