The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ziO8Q7w.jpg

VWlKXzQ.jpg

:D:cool::D

2fWKaRR.jpg

This’ll be a good one. I’m definitely in for at least one.

Have the next steps and order list been hashed out yet?

Wasn't trying to ruffle feathers Darren. Not quite sure what kind of tone the "believe it or not" was going for but I will take it as positive. I am also on Facebook and pretty much any other social media you can think of. Nothing wrong with being in groups on there. I was just saying that I wouldn't want people just showing up to get a knife that aren't part of the community here. Obviously there is crossover, I'm sure lots of others besides you are parts of both groups. Wasn't implying anything about you all in anyway... Not concerned, was just making a statement.
No feathers ruffled :thumbsup: I just see a lot of comments (and now threads apparently) targeting genuinely good groups like mine that are outside of BF. I understand some of the concern from others, but it is mostly unwarranted.

I am looking forward to the forum knife this year and very excited it is happening at all - peace :thumbsup:

I’ll be honest, I am symbolic of the problem you speak of. Here I’ve been more of a sideline type so I have no posts to speak of until know. It was through a couple people I’ve built relationships on there urging me to get active. With SFO’s “going away” I didn’t think a forum knife was a possibility. Would it make sense for someone like me to get one over seasoned vets, no. An opportunity for one would be appreciated though.

I’m a little in this comment. Lurked without joining for a while, joined but mostly like to read and learn based on the discussions happening. I don’t chime in a lot, but certainly don’t want to be seen as a FB flipper. I can’t really stand Facebook and I don’t think I’ve ever sold a knife that I bought!

With what happened with the virus the past year, this is what I thought would happen. This is what we will build you, you get to choose the covers ,2 or 3 choices, thank you very much.
Don't get me wrong, still excited to have this happening. I'm more of a modern folder type of person, but I've learned so much from the last 3 builds,and looking to learn with this build.
I've only bought the last two years knives, but still regularly carry both in my daily rotation.
I'm in for two, just like last year, one for me and one for my goddaughter.
Thanks for everyone who has made this possible.

I think the reason behind having a significant post count has to do with being a member that contributes to conversations or at least shares their admiration for knives as well as their opinion. So if only lurking, thats not being involved at all. I think im on the low end of involvement myself. Im not sure how fair it would be to limit sales to paying members since we contribute monetarily to the forum, but it is a thought. Maybe, the higher the membership level, more they can purchase. Another idea is, a member can buy 2 if over 1,000 posts, 3 if over 2,000 posts, and so on. I would only get one, but the more dedicated members would have more available to them.

Man-o-man that draft is easy on the eyes! I definitely would buy one if given the opportunity.

I am in for 2 of these if allowed if not 1 will work too. Glad they are making them. Willl be my first bladeforum knife never was able to get one before.

I just peeked in this thread for the first time. The draft looks pretty nice... Looking forward to how they turn out!

Thanks for your efforts once again, Charlie, Bill, and Barry!

With the 2019 BF 86, and now this year’s 86 with a clip blade, in 2023, I’m proposing an 86 with a Spear Blade to complete the BladeForums Trifecta.

Those rat tail bolsters on this year’s knife look spectacular!
A spear blade would be nice on this size frame!

Things have moved a long way since I looked at this thread. This should be an nice knife, and my thanks to those making it happen.

Doesn't Bill still have the BF stamp for the blade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back